Needs Arena system you can teleport to

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
PVP takes too long to find and as a solo player its never 1v1. Or I could count those fights on one hand. Unless I start them. So, that's that.

• Haha
Reactions: Senusret

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Well there are duels in town. Fab is the place for dueling. Meduli isnt bad either.

Otherwise good luck.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
PVP takes too long to find and as a solo player its never 1v1. Or I could count those fights on one hand. Unless I start them. So, that's that.

Nah man, defeats the purpose of the game. Wish the game was better made so you wouldn't have to ask for this, but its no solution.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Nah man, defeats the purpose of the game. Wish the game was better made so you wouldn't have to ask for this, but its no solution.
What if it made more people want to play more often though? Would it thin Myrland out too much if the Arena still needed gear from Myrland or because it wouldn't be the same feel of MO? Could be that it wouldn't have the right feel, that's possible. But it would alleviate the slowness too.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
What if it made more people want to play more often though? Would it thin Myrland out too much if the Arena still needed gear from Myrland or because it wouldn't be the same feel of MO? Could be that it wouldn't have the right feel, that's possible. But it would alleviate the slowness too.
Something like that would take people off the streets and you don't want to introduce mechanics that will do the opposite of what the game requires.
While It's true some casuals might enjoy features like that but it doesn't mean It's the right approach for the game concept.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Game needs McDonalds PvP. I dont think that a arena is the right direction though.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
No arena, but the game needs to be fixed to get people out in the wild. The whole point of the game is running around, jumping over things, etc, all that is lost in an arena. Like dueling in a room, it kinda sucks. It's something, but I prefer the whole world.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Wasn't there a VERY short lived side project in MO1... what was it Mortal Action or something like that. It was horrible.... a instanced based 1 v 1 arena system.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Looking at how Zergy Necro is, I'd say an Arena is just what the game needs more than ever. With real rewards for earning points there.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Looking at how Zergy Necro is, I'd say an Arena is just what the game needs more than ever. With real rewards for earning points there.
Nah they just need to design a gameplay thats not zerg directed only. They make a solo necro dungeon but since it's only one place to get the shit u need so zergs will control that content till necro is worth shit.

Arena is just a retarded solution to other problematics, you aint the first nor the last to be asking for this.

People thought same as you, that an arena would change everything in MO1 they spent months to make it and when it cameout it was shit, it didn't rescue the game and not only that, the place was actually so poorly designed people used it to exploit and soon after they closed that arena that took months to get implemented. Arena remained closed for over 6 months before they fixed" what was wrong with it. Just sad, dead weight development.

So yeah, the game has bigger problematics than a shitter arena and no wishy thinking is going to fix that.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
People thought same as you, that an arena would change everything in MO1 they spent months to make it and when it cameout it was shit, it didn't rescue the game and not only that, the place was actually so poorly designed people used it to exploit and soon after they closed that arena that took months to get implemented. Arena remained closed for over 6 months before they fixed" what was wrong with it. Just sad, dead weight development.
Honestly tho, this was because SV designed the arena poorly. Not that Arenas are bad and cant work in MO. Because a way for people to sweat their dicks off, and do disk duels, would be popular. IF it was actually implemented well.

On zergs, open pvp games with no player limit will always be zerg based. People want the biggest advantage they can have. There will never be a reason to not zerg. One of the core issues with this genre. Fair fights pretty much cant exist, which pushes a lot of players away. No real way to fix this tho that I can think of. The best solution is to make things for smaller groups & solo players.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Honestly tho, this was because SV designed the arena poorly. Not that Arenas are bad and cant work in MO. Because a way for people to sweat their dicks off, and do disk duels, would be popular. IF it was actually implemented well.

On zergs, open pvp games with no player limit will always be zerg based. People want the biggest advantage they can have. There will never be a reason to not zerg. One of the core issues with this genre. Fair fights pretty much cant exist, which pushes a lot of players away. No real way to fix this tho that I can think of. The best solution is to make things for smaller groups & solo players.

Not saying arenas are bad, saying an arena is not going to fix the game. And if theres any development criteria anyone could understand that investing a patch cicle on an arena while way other fundamental mechanics are broken is idiotic, so yeah i think it's not worth it.

People also said arena in MO1 was going to be popular, but even when it was "fixed" none of the people that was asking for it used it.
Mostly because it was shit tier design but what makes u think this time will be different.

A better geographic configuration can take some pressure off solo dungeons, but adding one solo dungeon to be camped by zergs is retarded design.

You are stating the obvious, we know this.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Mega boss, mega dungeon. Not a good look for open world single server MMO. Reel sad tbh.

One thing you have to realize is the quality of combat in the game defines the quality of arena, too. If you have good fights in real world, then you have two dudes like oh yea well in a controlled environment I'd win, etc... thus arena. And thus it is interesting, cuz those people would prol be known and people would care. It'd be just another sandbox element. I don't think that's going to help the game health or pvp or anything if that's what you suggest.

Def wouldn't mind it per se, tho. Would give people some stuff to do from time to time.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
Mega boss, mega dungeon. Not a good look for open world single server MMO. Reel sad tbh.

One thing you have to realize is the quality of combat in the game defines the quality of arena, too. If you have good fights in real world, then you have two dudes like oh yea well in a controlled environment I'd win, etc... thus arena. And thus it is interesting, cuz those people would prol be known and people would care. It'd be just another sandbox element. I don't think that's going to help the game health or pvp or anything if that's what you suggest.

Def wouldn't mind it per se, tho. Would give people some stuff to do from time to time.
The thing is people don't want to fight they want to kill your character.

Some guy actually tried to 1v1 me outside Fab, I guess me being naked inspired him to try out of boredom. Stupidly I jumped in the water expecting the enviable mage and mounted archer to...boost... his pvp. To my shock, he was actually alone, but quickly lost interest when he realized he'd just be going crim for nothing. He probably deserves the medal of honor for the attempt. What a friggin Chad.

That's my update. Maybe once per week the fighting makes sense. To anyone other than Henrik watching Big Fight TV. But never trying it himself and seeing how fun it really is without zerg crutching.

So yea, an Arena done properly would change much about how this game is viewed.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The thing is people don't want to fight they want to kill your character.

Some guy actually tried to 1v1 me outside Fab, I guess me being naked inspired him to try out of boredom. Stupidly I jumped in the water expecting the enviable mage and mounted archer to...boost... his pvp. To my shock, he was actually alone, but quickly lost interest when he realized he'd just be going crim for nothing. He probably deserves the medal of honor for the attempt. What a friggin Chad.

That's my update. Maybe once per week the fighting makes sense. To anyone other than Henrik watching Big Fight TV. But never trying it himself and seeing how fun it really is without zerg crutching.

So yea, an Arena done properly would change much about how this game is viewed.
It did not change much in MO1, and a lot of people asked for it, nobody ever used it, except maybe some very random arena events.
For me the Chad Is the one asking and wanting an arena, the most artificial way of combat. Find it kinda ridículous the argument Is "all pks Will go there and wont kill noobs anymore".

Game It's a competitive scenario, get over it. Theres no "need" to take the pvp off the streets, thats where it should be. People complaining about non consensual fights can't see the real problematics and end up asking for broken stuff thats not gonna make anything better.

But yeah, if SV had an arena ready to drop and they wouldn't have to spend 3 months just to deliver shit and all the people saying "it Will be fun" wont ever use, Id be okay with it. But them actually investing the few neurones available on an arena seems like a waste of time to be honest.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
It did not change much in MO1, and a lot of people asked for it, nobody ever used it, except maybe some very random arena events.
For me the Chad Is the one asking and wanting an arena, the most artificial way of combat. Find it kinda ridículous the argument Is "all pks Will go there and wont kill noobs anymore".

Game It's a competitive scenario, get over it. Theres no "need" to take the pvp off the streets, thats where it should be. People complaining about non consensual fights can't see the real problematics and end up asking for broken stuff thats not gonna make anything better.

But yeah, if SV had an arena ready to drop and they wouldn't have to spend 3 months just to deliver shit and all the people saying "it Will be fun" wont ever use, Id be okay with it. But them actually investing the few neurones available on an arena seems like a waste of time to be honest.
Update! I just found out that one "guy" who finally tried to pvp me solo outside of Fab last week was actually a girl.

1659324436784.png

• Wow