Nearly 3 years later, help chat is still used as a global chat

Data

Dec 6, 2023
It's intended usage doesn't matter. GM's post warnings every single day and people do not care. They want a global chat and because there is a lack of one they use help chat making it difficult for new players to actually receive help with the amount of constant chatter happening.

I doubt SV is willing to put in the manpower to sit around and mute people all day long. Just add global chat channels and get it over with.

Data

Dec 6, 2023
Simply restrict the help chat to Haven.
Then who is going to answer questions? The only solution to that I see is if people are vetted but that is also adding additional work for GM's. It's clear people want a global chat I'd personally say the easiest solution is to let them have it.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Alliance Chat and Global are needed for sure. Not sure why this isnt already a thing in a game that claims to be an MMO.

Jethub

Dec 1, 2021
I really like the idea of certain chat channels only being accessible in taverns, helps to not break the immersion. It makes sense lore-wise that taverns would have the local information/gossip.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Make it to where anyone can see your post to help chat if you are under a month or 20hrs gametime. But all replies from non noobs are hidden from other non noobs.

manure

May 7, 2022
I really like the idea of certain chat channels only being accessible in taverns, helps to not break the immersion. It makes sense lore-wise that taverns would have the local information/gossip.
The idea is very good.. But theres a problem...
If the veteran only reads this CHAT once he is inside a tavern, it might be tough for new players to find veterans willing to stay some times inside taverns, which is not gonna happen...

And if the vetrans may READ their questions from outside a tavern, then theres no point in being in a tavern... and the chat will continue to be a mess with all kinds of subjects mixed.

Its very hard to find a solution... because nobody is gonna stay on a HELP channel to help people all the time... People will desire to stay on the main chat channel..... If they create a HELP chat channel, it will be empty...

Theres only ONE solution... Leave one main chat only, and allow all kinds of subjects on it !!
Whoever wants to talk in privacy, may join a private conversation on another tab, with that very specific person... This way, some newbie goes on global chat, finds someone willing to help, and PM him.... Or just talk on the global chat anyway, if he desires and doesnt mind the flow of mixxed information...

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
Solution is simple. Add global chat. I don't understand why these simple solutions to dumb problems elude SV. Having GM's spam daily to keep help chat on topic makes them look very petty and silly.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
It's intended usage doesn't matter. GM's post warnings every single day and people do not care. They want a global chat and because there is a lack of one they use help chat making it difficult for new players to actually receive help with the amount of constant chatter happening.

I doubt SV is willing to put in the manpower to sit around and mute people all day long. Just add global chat channels and get it over with.
Agree completely.

In not adding a world chat they think they're preserving some sort of immersion, because if MO2 were real life, you wouldn't just be able to call out for help in PVP to the entire world.

Why is it foolish to monitor this? Because people use third party applications like discord to communicate anyway.

See, guilds are like hiveminds, you attack one of them? All of them know. So by disallowing world chat, all they're doing is preventing the solo player, or players who are in small groups, from calling out big groups who are likely ganking the few.

What it ultimately boils down to is this :

World chat is anti-zerg. No world chat is zerg friendly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila