My General Feedback

Heimdallr

Feb 7, 2022
Hi,

First of all great game, I see the future in it as it looks like a leveled up Ultima Online.
I love lots of it but I wanted to drop what I feel requires some work:

1. Combat in general feels clunky as at least bandits/animals can literally git you from 2-3 meters away(I got a good network and I'm from EU, such things seen only in combat) Which makes it harder to dodge or plan accordingly

2. Spawns - Map is dead empty. Instead of hunting for animals or enemies, I walked 2h around a spot to realize I didn't cross some point to trigger that spawn at all...happened multiple times. I was on a different spot just to be meet with insta death because all of a sudden, with my Stalker clade that is basically garbage, I walk empty forest, just to get insta spawned 5 wolves on me that outrun my 130 dex, freaky runner and I can't do anything. I can't shoot them, because they do not exist till walking onto something and insta spawning them, I can't kill them...because I'm an archer and I don't have melee weapon...my pet cannot kill them, becaue he is insta pwned also. So map is empty and spawns make me don't want to even touch PVE

3. Chat - All talk on help chat and you aren't pinged with @name, so it is very easy to just miss the reply to you

4. Skills and stats - they are leveled too fast. You can basically afk read the game or macro them out. Please decide either just max people out on start, or make the proces real, not a skip stepping stone. In UO(at least private servers) People didn't bother much with grinding skill because there was always something on their range. You couldn't wear plate armor as a warrior for 6+ months of play due to str gains? No worries, you were happy that you changed your helmet from one type to a better one. So you could combine armor parts for stamina etc. And you weren't sad that you can't do anything, because you had tons of enemies for various level thresholds. This means my gameplay looked like this: Pick books, afk few days, then do the same but instead of afk practice more skills meanwhile and leave. This basically creates a skippable content, professions, stats, skills, theyre there just to do what actually if you min max in a moment anyway?

5. Why combat music pops up always randomly and NEVER during a fight? 0.o

6. Toxicity - I didn't see that yet in game, but reading forums, discords etc. I see people complaining about toxicity. This should be taken care of. If someone wants to kill people ok, but we should moderate more so people would understand to not be a toxic prick.

It's all for now, I hope to see much PVE/PVP and RP improvements in the world, looking eager into it;]

Last edited:
Reactions: Nefnate

Heimdallr

Feb 7, 2022
7. I found that game very discourages you from play due to all regions PVP. I saw multiple situations, where someone who is naked and he just tamed his first horse, was just killed along with the horse by group of people, "because it's a pvp game deal with it"
This is cutting off a lot of potential new players + discourages I guess a lot of ones that already play to move out anywhere, because you will be killed for 80% in encounters, and whatever you tried to loot, or gather, will be lost along with your gear. There should be at least some PVP off zones. I saw on chat, and on discord messages that ppl are lf group because they are afraid to leave town, which means that sooner or later, these people will stop logging in to the game at all

8. Why horse cannot jump? PVP might not work at all, but horse must jump!

Reactions: Nefnate

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
I agree with you that there needs to be zones that have differences.
1. Safe zone. Low tier resources. Low xp mobs.
2. Mid zone. Rep loss for pvp. Mid tier resources. Mid tier mobs.
3. FFA pvp zone. No rep loss at all. This is where zergs can fight. Best resources locked into these regions. This will encourage all players to eventually go there for the reward.

I see no real benefit to making entire map FFA besides cities. Even players that strictly pvp are struggling with current sysyem of rep loss. There needs to be more safe zones and more zones where it is 100% ffa.
It isn't friendly to New players who are just trying to learn how to play. I imagine many people have quit just because they got griefed too badly without any real way to fight back or knowledge of how to do so.

Also agree there needs to be more POI

Heimdallr

Feb 7, 2022
I agree with you that there needs to be zones that have differences.
1. Safe zone. Low tier resources. Low xp mobs.
2. Mid zone. Rep loss for pvp. Mid tier resources. Mid tier mobs.
3. FFA pvp zone. No rep loss at all. This is where zergs can fight. Best resources locked into these regions. This will encourage all players to eventually go there for the reward.

I see no real benefit to making entire map FFA besides cities. Even players that strictly pvp are struggling with current sysyem of rep loss. There needs to be more safe zones and more zones where it is 100% ffa.
It isn't friendly to New players who are just trying to learn how to play. I imagine many people have quit just because they got griefed too badly without any real way to fight back or knowledge of how to do so.

Also agree there needs to be more POI

It's worth to point out that best way to get people engaged in PVP is giving them freedom. Whoever will join it's their option. New players would be really happy that they paid for game and have things to do there, instead of just waiting for others to group. Imagine all the builds you could do for solo playing like pure archer/tamer, necromancer, diver etc - Everything you could use fully PVE and have fun. You would stumble upon the "I need to PVP to get higher" of course, but then it is YOUR choice to do so, you are not forced to do it. @Henrik Nyström

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
It's worth to point out that best way to get people engaged in PVP is giving them freedom. Whoever will join it's their option. New players would be really happy that they paid for game and have things to do there, instead of just waiting for others to group. Imagine all the builds you could do for solo playing like pure archer/tamer, necromancer, diver etc - Everything you could use fully PVE and have fun. You would stumble upon the "I need to PVP to get higher" of course, but then it is YOUR choice to do so, you are not forced to do it. @Henrik Nyström
Yes. I agree. It's the old wolf and sheep concept of full loot pvp mmos. Always needs to be space for both so sheep don't become overpopulated and wolves don't put sheep into extinction.

Just don't think anything is going to change fast. Apparently Henrik has a vision for the game that is different than every succesful full loot pvp sandbox on market. At least I keep hearing about this vision but never seen a link to it lol.

Also, very small development team. Think any real changes we'll be in it for the long haul and doubt any changes which veer from the "vision".

I feel like we are all following a Prophet's vision, and whether it's too hell or heaven we will have to wait and see.

Heimdallr

Feb 7, 2022
Yes. I agree. It's the old wolf and sheep concept of full loot pvp mmos. Always needs to be space for both so sheep don't become overpopulated and wolves don't put sheep into extinction.

Just don't think anything is going to change fast. Apparently Henrik has a vision for the game that is different than every succesful full loot pvp sandbox on market. At least I keep hearing about this vision but never seen a link to it lol.

Also, very small development team. Think any real changes we'll be in it for the long haul and doubt any changes which veer from the "vision".

I feel like we are all following a Prophet's vision, and whether it's too hell or heaven we will have to wait and see.

Best part of it is that it is a small company. They won't get corrupted and do typical - lets destroy our game to gain short term profit - I just hope to see it evolve more in PVE and safety but not completely that way so we could have what population did on private servers of NWN and UO. I see TONS of potential in the game in all, including Roleplay. Would love to see team response on their plans or in this topic

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
Best part of it is that it is a small company. They won't get corrupted and do typical - lets destroy our game to gain short term profit - I just hope to see it evolve more in PVE and safety but not completely that way so we could have what population did on private servers of NWN and UO. I see TONS of potential in the game in all, including Roleplay. Would love to see team response on their plans or in this topic
Idk. It's been said they need 8500 concurrent players to break even in investments. We are just below that. Have a situation where they need to bring in income. That's why there's that current controversy wherein 1 character per account but people are buying extra copies of game to own two accounts and it isn't being discouraged or against the rules. Some people see that as a money grab especially once subs are implemented.
I'm of the opinion that I'd rather see transparent money grabs. Fine. You need money. Why not introduce a system where people can have multiple characters without having such a Grey area system that seems very under the table, for a price of course. Current system feels like a Don't ask Don't tell type thing.

Reactions: Turd

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
"I see no real benefit to making entire map FFA besides cities. "

I think you'd be surprised. The reason politics happen, etc, is because of drama, there is no drama. to repeat what I said on steam: you want systems that encourage ACTION not suppress it. I'd like to give the FFA thing a try for awhile. I mean think about the 2 weeks of not being able to log in, if that didn't kill the game, it won't kill the game to make FFA pvp for awhile. haha.

At the very least, reds need to go back to being FFA pvp, and that should be their only punishment. They should be able to enter cities but be FFA outside. - shrug - IT'S NOT HARD. It's really sad what is happening in MO right now. Some people are farming mats because they think eventually they will be useful, some people are farming mats because they think they are doing something, and a lot of other players are just kind of getting bored.

There is the weird parry heavy rock paper scissor combat that is wack, too, but in general, since the game 'works' supposedly better in group fights, having FFAs would be better. Everyone would claim their own area, friendlies would get to stay, people who weren't would have to live a harder life, but they wouldn't be banned from being able to access city resources so they wouldn't need to join a keep guild to stay relevant.

AND AGAIN, Re GK/Kran, the map is so much bigger... all the cities are so much bigger, it's just not feasible to control the map the same way you control those areas with the pop. Alliances would be built and there would be 'zone's created automatically. THEN they could start imposing restrictions if things got out of hand. It's better to start from 0 IMO.

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022

I think you'd be surprised. The reason politics happen, etc, is because of drama, there is no drama. to repeat what I said on steam: you want systems that encourage ACTION not suppress it. I'd like to give the FFA thing a try for awhile. I mean think about the 2 weeks of not being able to log in, if that didn't kill the game, it won't kill the game to make FFA pvp for awhile. haha.

At the very least, reds need to go back to being FFA pvp, and that should be their only punishment. They should be able to enter cities but be FFA outside. - shrug - IT'S NOT HARD. It's really sad what is happening in MO right now. Some people are farming mats because they think eventually they will be useful, some people are farming mats because they think they are doing something, and a lot of other players are just kind of getting bored.

There is the weird parry heavy rock paper scissor combat that is wack, too, but in general, since the game 'works' supposedly better in group fights, having FFAs would be better. Everyone would claim their own area, friendlies would get to stay, people who weren't would have to live a harder life, but they wouldn't be banned from being able to access city resources so they wouldn't need to join a keep guild to stay relevant.

AND AGAIN, Re GK/Kran, the map is so much bigger... all the cities are so much bigger, it's just not feasible to control the map the same way you control those areas with the pop. Alliances would be built and there would be 'zone's created automatically. THEN they could start imposing restrictions if things got out of hand. It's better to start from 0 IMO.

Sure. I'm willing to give it a go. Just don't know of any succesful full loot sandbox MMO that is purely FFA pvp. Eve and albion have the system I described and it works great. The core of your community are generally not pvpers they are crafters and gatherers that enjoy the thrill of maybe getting killed.
Also, it's never hampered politics in those games. Hell, EVE is notorious for its politics to the point that Google news was covering the in game politics for a hot minute. Albions politics is also very notorious. But then again those games have huge populations compared to this one. I'm not really against any system per se as long as it works and the time tested true method that works is the one I offered.

Heimdallr

Feb 7, 2022

I also think you need it sharded to some sort of part of pvp and part of pve. Imagine that you need to pay to buy a game, then pay a subscription and you can't leave town because you will get killed just because you left town. Where is the fun? Or spending 5h just running from corpse to corpse because you can't get things...It should be balanced but not into any side favor. I guess this can be done by allowing some PVE locations but making crystal clear that all the goodies are in full PVP. It's hard to balance that out but believe me, it will bring more players and more players = more potential PVP players.

I am also good to go with letting it test the full PVP, not saying no to it, I've played lots of UO, I just comment on what I see is discouraging to people. I also kinda feel discouraged to even try going anywhere alone, I just saw what happends to people that do so I just stick to groups

also rephrasing what I said about new build opportunities and so on, Think this way - you want to make a concept of a hunter, so you want to be able to gather meat, scales, horns and other stuff. You also wanna play with something that is entirely not good in PVP, let's say Taming with dunno..wolves? You can do that sure, but is it worth? many people will just KOS you take what you have put tons of time to gather and tame. Conclusion? Meta min max build + teammates. It will kill the game, I saw it many times

Reactions: ThirdeyePULSE

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I think the far hits are on purpose because people were kiting mobs around trees and stuff so they were just like screw it npcs can attack through objects

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
I also think you need it sharded to some sort of part of pvp and part of pve. Imagine that you need to pay to buy a game, then pay a subscription and you can't leave town because you will get killed just because you left town. Where is the fun? Or spending 5h just running from corpse to corpse because you can't get things...It should be balanced but not into any side favor. I guess this can be done by allowing some PVE locations but making crystal clear that all the goodies are in full PVP. It's hard to balance that out but believe me, it will bring more players and more players = more potential PVP players.

I am also good to go with letting it test the full PVP, not saying no to it, I've played lots of UO, I just comment on what I see is discouraging to people. I also kinda feel discouraged to even try going anywhere alone, I just saw what happends to people that do so I just stick to groups

also rephrasing what I said about new build opportunities and so on, Think this way - you want to make a concept of a hunter, so you want to be able to gather meat, scales, horns and other stuff. You also wanna play with something that is entirely not good in PVP, let's say Taming with dunno..wolves? You can do that sure, but is it worth? many people will just KOS you take what you have put tons of time to gather and tame. Conclusion? Meta min max build + teammates. It will kill the game, I saw it many times
I have played most sides of this MO coin over the years, and I am not sure I agree with the idea of safe zones for this game, I actually enjoy the idea/feeling of vulnerability this game gives, I am not sure it would be the same without it, in my eyes.

I also am not sure I agree with your conclusions in regards to the "can't leave town" thought, or the "can't acquire things" thoughts, I am of the opinion that this world is massive for the amount of players in it, there are lots of places you can go, routes you can take and due to that I don't believe it is true that solo's\newbs cannot leave town, they just may not know where they can go that is "safer", to that respect, I think the game needs more entities or spots for players to be/farm, in that respect it isn't at it's peak potential, this would make it harder to find people as you wouldn't just hit the local spawn locations to find people.
Onto the acquiring things point, again I think there are many ways to create/gain wealth and assets, and I think the lack of knowledge, experience and or creativity is imo the downfall of peoples abilities to do that, I have had a new player join the old MO1 game, learn from us when he joined our guild, and create an entire "business" idea using his vision of his character as the spark, he wanted to play something very niche and he was definitely not the most reliable build for combat encounters, he used that characters abilities to provide multiple services and was able to sell those services to others for gain and he did decently well in PvP as well, but for him, it wasnt important to be the best at ground fighting, mounted fighting, etc...

I think if you want to do something in this game, you need to think about what is important to you in this game, test your ideas and modify it to be something that works. I personally like to play as a melee fighter in PvP specifically so my builds are going to be my idea of what I think is the best to play against other players on the ground.
If you want to be a tamer whom tames wolves and uses bows, that sadly in today's balance is not great for PvP or PvE, it from my understanding would be using wolves which don't have much HP, and if you are not healing with spells or bandages, that wolf will not last long in a fight against anything due to that. AI in this game, especially with animals is not much more then a meat bag which does consistent attacks....
If you went with bears, it has more HP and could likely last an entire fight and allow you to bandage it after or during, bow on the ground still lacks options for you to defend your self, there is no healing, no blocking, you'd likely have a better time on the ground with melee weapons or magery OR you could give yourself mounted skills and ride a horse with the bear following.

Sadly there is no way I can think of to increase the strength of less viable pets, and ground bowmen are definitely not the most flexible style of combat, but there are other ways to make the archer/tamer more feasible while we wait for more content to come. (More wolf archtypes?, more ground bowmen features/changes?) so right now there are definitely ways to make your life in-game not very fun, while that doesn't mean the idea or build is impossible, maybe the way you are doing it is not great.

Reactions: Tzone

Heimdallr

Feb 7, 2022
Ok my last few cents atm.

Griefers, shallow and often undoable due to PVP ganks PVE content, are resolved with just getting a guild (which kills solo playstyle i.e. builds)

But a lot of skills sound fun and could open fun build areas. We got many races, clades and possibilities, but they seem to be just a disappointment.

You want to do a jungle stalker elven ranger? spears/daggers/bows? swift fun concept? sure, but get mounted archery, shield to get additional chance that opponent will hit it not you, heavy armour and max out all melee/ranged skills that give you advantage, or else good pvp guild will throw you out, and/or you will be always under disadvantage. Want to be an archer with taming? send your pets to your opponents and get them with your bow? Sure, but learn heavy armour training, all melee combat skills for when opponent will get to you, all the taming skills and...you know what I mean.

I think we got potential to be like games that offer broad arsenal of builds for pvp and pve, but we are in min max meta atm.

Of course you could say that shield uses more stamina...or that you recover stamina slower in heavy armour, or that a good player is always able to outplay someone.... but reality is - you get crushed by a group and die fast because you got max int or dexterity, your armour is shitty etc. If you really can pull something from the concept builds, it would require massive amount of effort and that effort is totally not worth the result to be like or slightly better than casual meta. I've spoken with 60+ people, and the best answer I've received about concept, not meta builds is "you can play whatever you want, you just won't work"

This hits another group of players. I guess we will have in the future possibility to create more characters so we could kinda make 1 meta one and 1 whatever we want like PVE survivalist...but thats still shallow.

I do love game tho, it's just...limiting

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why cant we just have one good open world PvP game?

What would be limiting is not being able to PvP. PvP is not griefing, people have not even started to greif. The reason Im here is because I can kill carebear griefers that kill steal or respawn spam you. Really should be more penalty for dying in general for everyone. Or at least for players who respawn repeatedly to purposefully die in order to give another MC/Rep loss.

Shields are bad and a noob trap, just learn to parry. If you are EU it should be super easy. Shields cost too much stamina to be used.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
The reason Im here is because I can kill carebear

What kind of needle-dick bullshit is this? iM sO hArDcOrE
Only the weak prey on noobs.

Real PKs enjoy a challenge.
A fair fight vs an enemy clan. Fighting 1v1 against a rival player who's equally skilled and geared.

Reactions: Najwalaylah