Murderers and Consequences

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
If it ruins your day you shouldn't be playing full loot pvp mmos.

Yes you should? The game is far more that just full loot PVP.. Its not an arena game its an open world?
Its not compared to rust or ark... its compared to uo, eve, and swg.....
There should be harsher consequences to make murderers think twice before they get away with it without any consequences!
Bugs need fixing they have an easy life you cant even report a murder half the time.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 44

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Yes you should? The game is far more that just full loot PVP.. Its not an arena game its an open world?
Yet it is a full loot PvP game and you will be ganked, so if things like that are capable of ruining your day, you better not play it and not try to force the devs into changing the game to your liking in expense of it's core audience.

• Haha
Reactions: Skabsticles

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Yet it is a full loot PvP game and you will be ganked, so if things like that are capable of ruining your day, you better not play it and not try to force the devs into changing the game to your liking in expense of it's core audience.

Full loot isn't just what the game is lol.... Core audience? what ever that means??
Surely its who ever wants to play the game with its options on the play styles offered...
You are right though the dev's do pander to what you call the "core audience" but they are so minor for what was promised for the whole game,
100k+ left already? 1k or less in game at peak hours that is your core audience then not the possible 100k lol
The player base is disappearing because of this and it wont grow just diminish more because of what you called the "core audience"...
Unfortunately massive opportunity's lost because the the smaller "core audience" cant face harsher consequences or the choice to ruin some ones day. They just seem to want to pursue a dead game and bury its possibility's.
I feel really sorry for the dev's with just a toxic player base, they had a bigger vision but it didn't deliver because of what you call the "core audience" they could been making a killing with subscriptions and had a great and prosperous game for a long time.

Its very disappointing I love what the game is but its been ruined hopefully they will get it right with mo3!

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Something you aren't a part of, apparently. You want to not be ganked while you're mining, there's New World, they have PvP toggle, you won't see me on their forums asking to remove it.

You seem confused you only think you are part of the game audience? lol
I have 4 accounts that I have purchased and I think that gives me a enough right to say murderers need harsher consequences.
Your opinions have the same value as mine that doesn't mean you are the core audience.

I passed on New world after seeing how bad it was in the closed beta..
But If I wanted to there are many other mmorpg i have played over the last 20 odd years including Ultimaonline I could play also.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
I have 4 accounts that I have purchased and I think that gives me a enough right to say murderers need harsher consequences.
No matter how many accounts you buy, this game is not designed around people who whine about being killed while mining 🤷‍♀️

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
No matter how many accounts you buy, this game is not designed around people who whine about being killed while mining 🤷‍♀️

ah I see you like selective quoting eh

No ones whining here lol.... but I do bet you feel such a sense of achievement and very powerful in unfair fights against miners lol
An open world sandbox game has many possibilities you just seem to ignore most of them.
How do you know what the games designed for? Are you a Dev because they seem to have a bigger view than you for what the game was design for.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree enjoy your game and have a nice life.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
ah I see you like selective quoting eh
It was the main take of your post: "i bought 4 accounts so i have the right to bla-bla-bla".

but I do bet you feel such a sense of achievement and very powerful in unfair fights against miners lol
What should i feel instead, guilt? It's not like i never mine. How do i know if it's a newbie or a pro? Why should i care if they're naked or not, as i said, being naked/unarmed is not a pvp toggle.

An open world sandbox game has many possibilities you just seem to ignore most of them.
Just because i'm actively PvPing doesn't mean i "ignore" other aspects.

How do you know what the games designed for?
"open world hardcore full loot pvp" says enough to know that it's not for carebears

Tzone

May 16, 2021
These kids are lost causes. They just want to free farm with no consequences.

The reason they hate open world PvP so much is because the lack of control they have. These are the same people that will swarm any grey like a pack of seagulls in a graveyard despite them going grey was accidental or the victim of blue blocking. They are hypocrites that are too weak to survive but still require full control to maintane their pychcosis

If all open world PvP is greifing to them, they have not experince actual griefing yet.

The devs will never compromise enough to make them happy and stick around. This is why you dont cater to carebears. Its all or nothing with them. While normal players including PvPers can exist after compromising with each other, carebears must have all of it their way.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
It was the main take of your post: "i bought 4 accounts so i have the right to bla-bla-bla".

What should i feel instead, guilt? It's not like i never mine. How do i know if it's a newbie or a pro? Why should i care if they're naked or not, as i said, being naked/unarmed is not a pvp toggle.

Just because i'm actively PvPing doesn't mean i "ignore" other aspects.

"open world hardcore full loot pvp" says enough to know that it's not for carebears

All my points still stand! lol :)

The main take of the post you should have take has been your opinions have the same value as mine like I said in the post lol.

who said you should feel guilty about it? Maybe you do as you mentioned it...
You should how ever feel that you don't get away with it so easily....
It only seems to be the so called pvpers who think ganking and killing a lesser foe's is a challenge, because it really isn't and they would prob run away from a well matched opponent All they seem to do is moan and cry that they have to have consequences and cant cope with any so to me they are the carebears..

enjoy your game and have a nice life.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
All my points still stand! lol :)

The main take of the post you should have take has been your opinions have the same value as mine like I said in the post lol.

who said you should feel guilty about it? Maybe you do as you mentioned it...
You should how ever feel that you don't get away with it so easily....
It only seems to be the so called pvpers who think ganking and killing a lesser foe's is a challenge, because it really isn't and they would prob run away from a well matched opponent All they seem to do is moan and cry that they have to have consequences and cant cope with any so to me they are the carebears..

enjoy your game and have a nice life.
Your whole post is full of salt and baseless assumptions. Killing a lesser foe may not be a challenge but getting good enough is. You never know if it's a lesser foe or not. You should probably post a video of PKs running from well matched opponents or be called out for BS. And you're the one crying about bad bad bad PKs killing naked (wtf they're naked?! i kill them just for being dumb) miners. We have consequences for PK in this game but for some people it's never enough.

• Haha
Reactions: Skabsticles

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Your whole post is full of salt and baseless assumptions. Killing a lesser foe may not be a challenge but getting good enough is. You never know if it's a lesser foe or not. You should probably post a video of PKs running from well matched opponents or be called out for BS. And you're the one crying about bad bad bad PKs killing naked (wtf they're naked?! i kill them just for being dumb) miners. We have consequences for PK in this game but for some people it's never enough.

Ditto you explain your self well.

My points still stand have a nice game life ;)

Makalis

Mar 24, 2021
The game is realism in a sandbox mythical medieval world right?
All through civilizations there has been Law and order with punishments.
Murderers in game don't have harsh enough consequences.
First the bug needs fixing asap to report the murderer because it feels like justice isn't severed every time you are killed at present.
The Murderer really need to go pure red and not able to go into towns unless the towns are lawless or player run pk towns.
If a murderer dies after a predefined number of mindless kills say 10? They should have fear of rezing to soon when they die and have to stay as a ghost until there murder counts are gone. Then they might think twice before killing some one especially big groups of gankers who go mindless killing without fear of any thing.
If they rez as a red player they should get stat loss and skill loss. It need to force them to be a ghost untill they repent and can re-join the civilised players again.
Its not a good look for players new to the game when they get murdered and nothing is done about it.
You can create a guild based on bounty hunting and deal with that.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Adding more consequences for murder just makes the game bad at what its intended to be, and bad at what it will try to be by limiting murder.

No matter how many consequences they add, the game will never be appealing to players who dont want to die and lose their shit. Which is 90% of my friends. It doesnt matter if you get killed 10 times a day or once a week. Going out to farm and getting ganked by 10 who all decided to screw themselves by killing a player after they add way more murder punishments, will still make a lot of players quit.

So now most pve players will still quit. but so did most of the Pvp players. All you have to do is look at the steam charts to realize the games current direction of more consequences isn't working.

Less consequences may be bad for the players who didn't want to die, but makes it a good open pvp game. Which there's currently none of. PVE players who don't want to die have infinite other games to go play, that are all better than MO2. The only reason they would lower themselves to playing MO2 is because they want to be able to get killed. But they wanted more consequences so it happens less. Its just the wrong game for 95% of them.

but this is why open pvp sandbox as a whole concept just doesnt work well. Theres no way to win. The world wants pve kids to kill and populate the world. But they have no reason to play. Then to try and keep them the game kills itself.

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Adding more consequences for murder just makes the game bad at what its intended to be, and bad at what it will try to be by limiting murder.

No matter how many consequences they add, the game will never be appealing to players who dont want to die and lose their shit. Which is 90% of my friends. It doesnt matter if you get killed 10 times a day or once a week. Going out to farm and getting ganked by 10 who all decided to screw themselves by killing a player after they add way more murder punishments, will still make a lot of players quit.

So now most pve players will still quit. but so did most of the Pvp players. All you have to do is look at the steam charts to realize the games current direction of more consequences isn't working.

Less consequences may be bad for the players who didn't want to die, but makes it a good open pvp game. Which there's currently none of. PVE players who don't want to die have infinite other games to go play, that are all better than MO2. The only reason they would lower themselves to playing MO2 is because they want to be able to get killed. But they wanted more consequences so it happens less. Its just the wrong game for 95% of them.

but this is why open pvp sandbox as a whole concept just doesnt work well. Theres no way to win. The world wants pve kids to kill and populate the world. But they have no reason to play. Then to try and keep them the game kills itself.

How do you know what the game is intending to be?
The dev's seem to think very differently with everything they say about the game
Yes its open world it has full loot pvp but its not a call of duty arena game........
You only have to listen to henriks twitch streams to see he talks about plenty more in his vision for the game.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
How do you know what the game is intending to be?
The dev's seem to think very differently with everything they say about the game
Yes its open world it has full loot pvp but its not a call of duty arena game........
You only have to listen to henriks twitch streams to see he talks about plenty more in his vision for the game.
I played their first game for like 8 years and they never even tried to touch flagging or anything to save nubs. They added a blue block mode several years late. If there was some long term vision, they would have been trying to do it on MO1.

Also, the changes they keep making shows that they don't know what they want. You don't put red priests near town, then move them far away, if you knew what you wanted from the start. Game doesnt know what it wants to be.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Town PvP was the PvP that didnt take 3 hours for the average player to find.
Town PvP also gave the townies and blue berries a access point into PvP while having some safety net. Town millitia vs bandits was a major part of the games possible content.

All we were told is if we stopped the killing the game would not die. Well the more pvp content has been removed and punished players for playing the games main content the less the pop has be come.

Got beta pop right now with persistance, argentinian accounts, far more non pvp content, and punished pvp.

Yeah definently the player community killing the game and making people quit. Not the devs.

The game will continue to fail untill henrik adimts he was wrong and the community was correct.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Yes they took away town pvp without giving anything in return, and then access chests made things even worse. It's not PKs who drive people away. It's SV.