Murder Count Fix and bounties

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
TLDR: Decrease offline murder count timer decay to properly add consequence to RPKing

In a previous guild I was an aspiring RPKer with around 56 murder count at the peak, I noticed once the I would RPK around 3-5 people a day and not many people would report me. Once the patch was rolled out to decrease murder count while not logged in, this murder count slowly dwindled to 0-3. It was very difficult to stay a murderer and there was no longer consequence to doing casual RPKing.

I bring this up because now I run an Anti-RPK guild and I noticed many of the RPKers on our KOS list are no longer murderers when I kill them. This needs to be fixed to properly restore balance and add more options to hunt for the bounty system.

An additional tweak that may be useful is allowing players to report murders to the grey priests in their region. For immersion purposes you would think a priest has connections with the authorities regardless of their alignment to allow for people to report a crime.

The offline murder count timer decay is too fast.

Sincerely,
Freedom Fighter Weis

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
CD on bounty hunting missions should be reduced ! The game should select bounties for you, that are not too far away located from your position.
If a bounty hunter hang arround in Meduli he should not get a crontract to kill someone who is currently in GK !

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It's because most people are murderers and can't report each other. The timer is fine.

A big problem in the Bakti area, You can get murdered right infront of the city and can´t report those players, meeting them afterwards in town, becuase they abuse the node right infront of Bakti. There is a bug that you can´t report a murder, if you crossed a nodeline and people abuse that bug to a point that one new player i know from heaven quit the game, becuase the flagging system is not working atm.

Reactions: Xunila

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
The offline decrease is slow enough. It takes ages to decrease. I would expect there will be a lot of RPKers that will say the exact opposite to what you are saying.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Reducing the MC offline burning time will not fix anything, it's good the way it is. Till at least theres a new law system.

Best thing would be to remove ress to report feature and replace it with whitness system, rdr2 type of thing. And tweak penalties to mean something.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
You can have MC and still drop blue bags. Timer is fine.

Not sure what youre getting at, having a MC is different from being a murderer. A Murderer is defined by having a 5+ murder count. So of course having a murder count of 1-4 will yield blue bag drops.

The point here is that the passive timer allows RPK guilds to stay between 1 and 4 murders without ever becoming a murderer and ultimately avoiding the bounty syste,. It is difficult to stay above 5 murders for most murderers. This means that there is basically zero repercussion for being RPK because youll likely never go above 5 murders unless you grief someone like 5+ times in one day

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
I agree with you.

Currently the game heavily supports a blue-bandit meta and makes the delineation between an RPK, ARPK or non-PK playstyle completely irrelevant.

I don't think increasing the timer is the answer, but the end result you are talking, about, ie. there is no such thing as lawful vs unlawful players in MO2 because MC is meaningless, is real.

I have (and this is likely true for most people) been PK'd more by blues than by greys... I am not based out of Bakti, this is an issue everywhere.

I can 100% understand people quitting the game because of the terrible PKing mechanics currently, and every time I talk to someone wanting to try out the game I encourage them to read into the PKing mechanics first, and decide whether they will be able to deal with a game that has mechanics intended to allow 'lawful' flagged players to PK with no consequences provided they follow a cheesy PvE delivery meta. If they are fine with it, or willing to work around it, by all means give the game a go.

These mechanics are some of the biggest 'accessibility' challenges the game has. I think SV knows this to some extent, hence why they've been switching things up-- but the current system is just the worst of both worlds. People who want to be full on RPK are punished with down-time consequences (rez walks), people who want to be 'lawful' suffer the consequences of having no actual flag that represents them, and blue people can easily skirt the law & are often some of the biggest PKers there are.

Last edited: