Movement speed breakdown?

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
Weird question I tried googling it but could not find out. I also searched the forums but maybe I’m so new i dont know the best keywords to search yet.

how does the actual speed calculation for movement speed work. does it break down to an actual % of movement speed? For example
Max speed i see broken down as 285/373 on just a random character build i loaded from mortaldata what does this mean?

is their a basic math equation that calculates the % movement speed ? Or an expression for the logic

HappyPig

Jan 24, 2022
Pretty good question, could be anything tbh.
I find the general wikia support to be less than easy to access, (not interested in accessing a bunch of random google docs)

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
Pretty good question, could be anything tbh.
I find the general wikia support to be less than easy to access, (not interested in accessing a bunch of random google docs)
I agree their has to be a basic expression that dedicates the movement speed or else what’s the point of knowing th numbers besides they go faster.

Falcon

May 28, 2020
It's based on your DEX attribute. Play around on mortal data and you'll see how it changes based on your dex. There are also clades that will raise your max dex and raise movement speed by a %

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
It's based on your DEX attribute. Play around on mortal data and you'll see how it changes based on your dex. There are also clades that will raise your max dex and raise movement speed by a %

Right i understand that the question is what does it actually me…..

what does 375/400 mean for example what speed is that running at is it saying your movement speed is 93% off of 100% ? Their isn’t any info on what the actual math of that is. I can see it goes up by increasing dex

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
move speed / sprint speed
its not a fraction or other complicated number, just a compact way to display the two

-barcode

Falcon

May 28, 2020
Right i understand that the question is what does it actually me…..

what does 375/400 mean for example what speed is that running at is it saying your movement speed is 93% off of 100% ? Their isn’t any info on what the actual math of that is. I can see it goes up by increasing dex
So it's out of combat walking/sprinting, the other speeds are your in-combat mode walking/sprinting

Reactions: Rhias