Mounted Archer Online 2

Theodosius

Jul 24, 2020
Is anybody concerned with how "necessary" MAs are going to be now with the 6x larger map, passive run-away mobs, and potential incoming new mount types.

These issues are further compounded with (don't know if intended) mobs will attack your mount before you, so MCing NPCs is a nogo unless youre constantly trading dmg with them.

It seems like MA will be the goto for anyone that isn't specifically guilded for FF and sieges etc..

Reactions: Rorry

Darran

May 28, 2020
Be real, you dont hunt melee in real world. Deers run.

This is a game.

And yes, it's going to be 100% needed to have a mount in MO 2 due to world being so large and foot move speed being so low. Majority of people will run MA so they can hunt

Reactions: cerqo

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
MA has always been the go to for farming out in the world since MO1 days, idk why we're surprised its the same here. Dungeons will probably foot mainly if not solely for farming.

We also still don't have MC yet to farm animals. You can always fight wolves/bears/razorbacks on foot and get just about any material you'd get from wisents or springboks. Or pay someone to get the materials for you with money you get from dungeons,

Reactions: Castiel

Theodosius

Jul 24, 2020
MA has always been the go to for farming out in the world since MO1 days, idk why we're surprised its the same here. Dungeons will probably foot mainly if not solely for farming.

We also still don't have MC yet to farm animals. You can always fight wolves/bears/razorbacks on foot and get just about any material you'd get from wisents or springboks. Or pay someone to get the materials for you with money you get from dungeons,
I think MC is going to be much less viable because NPCs hit your mount before you (unless not intended). So you’ll have to constantly heal your mount and even disengage on more difficult mobs.

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
MC could still be used as supplemental burst damage against mobs with an MA teammate. But honestly having your horse hit once or twice to hit an NPC for 80-120 damage isn't that bad. Obviously MA gets the ability to take 0 damage at range but it probably takes them longer to kill the mobs, aggressive ones atleast. Don't see the big issue with having MAs be very good at fighting mobs outdoors, I mean just mechanically speaking it's somewhat impossible to change.

Saphirix

Mar 21, 2021
Back in the MO1 days most of the fights that I remember happened in areas where MA was not that viable (mountains, dense woods, Kranesh, Gaul'Kor etc.)

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
There's more (realistic) terrain and obstacles to ride thru in MO2, will shooting back from foot will more effective?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You can always fight wolves/bears/razorbacks on foot and get just about any material you'd get from wisents or springboks.
No, because these animals all run away in super speed when they are low health.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
A tad premature to start the whining already.

Lmao i hope i could dislike posts cause this is the dumbest shit ever. If shit doesnt get changed now early on then its never going to get changed with SV's track record. Not to mention the whole point of the beta is to test stuff and give feedback.