Mount killing - possible fix? Yes or no?

Add a roam feature?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
As it stands most people get enraged in PvP circumstances when people target mounts.

People may target mounts for a variety of reasons. Sometimes its to keep the player from getting away of course. Sometimes its to grief the enemy before your own death.

Whatever the cause may be sometimes horse killing is needed, but sometimes it truly isn't and there is no way to protect your mount from death.

What does the community think of a defense stance added to horse mounts? We have "follow" and "stay" but what about a "roam" like ability?

When pressed the horse will run away from players that are grey/red and run a few hundred feet --- much like a horse does after failing to be tamed. This might enable some horses to get away. Players would have to be ranged or switched to ranged to continue to engage with it.

Has this ever been mentioned?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
In MO1 there was a few commands we dont have. Graze, defensive, aggressive.

If you set a pet to aggressive, it would attack whatever attacked it.
Defensive, it would run from the attacker.
Graze, it would eat whatever it sees around but not gain loyalty while doing this. This way it wouldnt gain hunger or experience while youre in a dungeon or doing something. It would move around a bit.. about 10-20m from where you left it.

I want the defensive and aggressive commands for pets.

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022

Graze, it would eat whatever it sees around but not gain loyalty while doing this. This way it wouldnt gain hunger or experience while youre in a dungeon or doing something. It would move around a bit.. about 10-20m from where you left it.

This is good to know I did not play MO1. I guess those missing actions might count as "legacy" features that have not been added yet for some reason.

If these features existed in MO1, was mount killing then less of an issue than it is now, about the same as now, or more of an issue than now? Curious.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
This is good to know I did not play MO1. I guess those missing actions might count as "legacy" features that have not been added yet for some reason.

If these features existed in MO1, was mount killing then less of an issue than it is now, about the same as now, or more of an issue than now? Curious.

Mount killing in MO1 was a thing, but it was MUCH MUCH MUCH harder. A bullhorse back in MO1 at level 125 had 450hp and a level 125 steppe horse had 270hp. Compared to now were a steppe horse at level 125 is closer to 250hp. But no one used a Steppe horse for PVP in MO1, because it was Bullhorse or no horse.

And Lykiators had over 400hp so anyone who didnt ride a bullhorse rode a lykiator.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah, I really am in no hurry to see the return of tank like mounts.

But I would like to be able to set them to aggressive/defensive again.

I also would not mind the return of it doing damage when horses hit players at high speeds.

With a knockback instead of a knockdown though. This way players being attacked with it would

take damage and get pushed but not actually get stuck in an animation.

I think the idea was cool but taking damage and getting stunned was to op and opened it up to much for chaining.

A nice side effect of that was that players had to be careful not to run other players over in towns.

I think this added to immersion since you had to watch your speed and try not to hit players in town.

Much better than the way players can carelessly fly through towns on mounts currently.

At least in my opinion anyway.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Yeah, I really am in no hurry to see the return of tank like mounts.

But I would like to be able to set them to aggressive/defensive again.

I also would not mind the return of it doing damage when horses hit players at high speeds.

With a knockback instead of a knockdown though. This way players being attacked with it would

take damage and get pushed but not actually get stuck in an animation.

I think the idea was cool but taking damage and getting stunned was to op and opened it up to much for chaining.

A nice side effect of that was that players had to be careful not to run other players over in towns.

I think this added to immersion since you had to watch your speed and try not to hit players in town.

Much better than the way players can carelessly fly through towns on mounts currently.

At least in my opinion anyway.

We sure had a lot less horses blocking banks in MO1 due to people not being able to ride full speed through town...

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
Mounted archery/foot brid is already the dominant build in the game, it is oppressively strong vs any other build. You guys will cry about anything. If anything horses need nerfed not buffed. Give us more diverse and competitive playstyles before MA/Footbrid world and then we can talk about horses.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020

Not entirely correct.
In mo1 Aggressive your pet would attack any valid target that would not put you or your pet to a grey flag(and in extension you). That means Grey flags(mobs, criminal players) and red players. But only if they got relatively close to the pet, AI aggro range distance. Useful when you have a pet that is strong enough to farm mobs in the area and you just want to follow it on its rampage.

Defensive would make the pet fight back if attacked.

Passive would make it just stand there and take it, like how it is now.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Mounted archery/foot brid is already the dominant build in the game, it is oppressively strong vs any other build. You guys will cry about anything. If anything horses need nerfed not buffed. Give us more diverse and competitive playstyles before MA/Footbrid world and then we can talk about horses.

How would you suggest nerfing horses? They are pretty low health, and die pretty quickly. I wouldnt mind removing the endless swimming without stamina thing removed. And when SV adds in the aiming wobble from horseback it will fix many issues with MA dominance. But then the issue will turn to the problems with foot archery longbow meta.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Not entirely correct.
In mo1 Aggressive your pet would attack any valid target that would not put you or your pet to a grey flag(and in extension you). That means Grey flags(mobs, criminal players) and red players. But only if they got relatively close to the pet, AI aggro range distance. Useful when you have a pet that is strong enough to farm mobs in the area and you just want to follow it on its rampage.

Defensive would make the pet fight back if attacked.

Passive would make it just stand there and take it, like how it is now.

Thank you, it was years ago.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

RhymenoserousRex

Feb 22, 2022

The reason it's the dominant build is because of how good it is at dropping horses.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
I think in town guards should also attack when a mount/pet is attacked because it seems kinda odd they just watch slaughter in town 🙃 besides it just adds frustrating griefing opportunities that very likely are annoying for most.

The pet commands hopefully will be added too.

They still need to solve the bank blocking issues like maybe that you can access the bank by just being close to the building or even everywhere in town. As it's now it doesn't add to anything but being annoying.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
yea I dunno.

Cool idea, but it should stop on your death. Your horse should just go still as soon as you die. Otherwise you can just send all your loot away on a chase, which is kinda wack. I do wish there was like a hide command tho, but that would be too advanced for current MO, to just have your horse make itself scarce when you are fighting. Tho I gotta say, depending on what angle you are coming in from, a horse following someone can hard grief you and protect them loool. I def see why people kill horses cuz they are huge body blocks.

In general, the fact that mobs don't eat your horses is also ??? to me. I think the horse game is OK atm. But yea some kinda 'go moderately far away' command would be ok, but if it kept running that would be wack. Just 'get away from the battle.' People might still kill your horse but it would be less necessary as you won't be jumping on it and it won't be blocking people.

and yea watching people go grey for accidentally knocking someone in town was one of MOs fun features haha. There were fewer horses in town cuz fewer people had horses, like I said, mobs ate horses, people knew to put their horse away or it was a lootbag, too. Just a diff game.

Reactions: Amadman