Most quiet city to start (after Tutorial island)?

Joshuan

Apr 11, 2021
After droping the game due to performance issues and now reading that there has been some improvements **fingers crossed**, I m considering to check it again.

Just out of curiosity. What cities will count as "relatively" quite and safe in the upcoming weeks for neish players. Its clear that after all its ofc a full loot MMO and death by players can happen anywhere, but I m sure there are zones where its more likely and others where fewer people roam around due to certain factors.

damtired

Dec 26, 2021
Im still relatively new so take my advice for what its worth.
Id check out toxai if i was wanting a quiet start. Just watch yourself if you plan on heading through the morin khur chokepoint.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
+1 for Toxai, but also because it's the most remote.

Hyllspeia could definitely could be a good option if it remains kinda sleepy because Tindrem/Fabernum are just down the hill.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Toxai, and even if a lot of newbies show up there. PKs wont. Not even the lowest of pvper will go there for pvp. The only thing even remotely close of value... Is MK.... And so why would you go toxai? xD

So its a pretty nice place for a quiet start, short trip to MK to get "closer" to better stuff. And you can then travel to vadda, Bakti or Mohki for even better locations eventually. Just don't hoard too much stuff in Toxai, since getting out of there is through 2 choke points which will probably get you killed, come release and moving stuff to a different town.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I'm not sure why people are recommending Toxai? It's only upside is turtle fishing, just go to Hylspleia or however it is spelled. At least there you can travel south through the granum pass to reach Tindrem & Fabernum.

It's remote enough for the peace you're wanting but then gives you the option to travel elsewhere quite easily.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'm not sure why people are recommending Toxai? It's only upside is turtle fishing, just go to Hylspleia or however it is spelled. At least there you can travel south through the granum pass to reach Tindrem & Fabernum.

It's remote enough for the peace you're wanting but then gives you the option to travel elsewhere quite easily.
If the goal is to get skills peacefully while getting grips on the game? Can't get less relevant and safe than Toxai.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia

Problem with Hylls is that it doesn't have anything to level up clades - literally the closest mob that gives clade XP is in the Fabernum graveyard and that is a big bummer for early game. Hopefully SV will give clade xp to more things than killing humanoids before release

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Problem with Hylls is that it doesn't have anything to level up clades - literally the closest mob that gives clade XP is in the Fabernum graveyard and that is a big bummer for early game. Hopefully SV will give clade xp to more things than killing humanoids before release

That sucks.

But so does Toxai.

Joshuan

Apr 11, 2021
I m amazed how much feedback I got :)
thanks guys. So one of those 2 zones it will be I guess. As soon I get a horse I can move to a guild..lets say in Tindrem. I got to know some people during the BETA who will start there. When I have some professions trained I can join them there. Will be a very long ride from Toxai to Tindrem I guess...

I also just noticed (according to https://www.mortalonlinemap.info/location/-80,168231/116,230677/2,5) that some towns dont have a community made map. Hyllspeia for instance has none. I would have to draw/develop my own map of the town and suroundings I guess.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I m amazed how much feedback I got :)
thanks guys. So one of those 2 zones it will be I guess. As soon I get a horse I can move to a guild..lets say in Tindrem. I got to know some people during the BETA who will start there. When I have some professions trained I can join them there. Will be a very long ride from Toxai to Tindrem I guess...

I also just noticed (according to https://www.mortalonlinemap.info/location/-80,168231/116,230677/2,5) that some towns dont have a community made map. Hyllspeia for instance has none. I would have to draw/develop my own map of the town and suroundings I guess.

Maybe, but the towns aren't too hard to learn, also can just ask around.

Also, warning about Toxai, I started the beta there about a year ago and it was indeed peaceful, but the only way to the rest of the work is out of MK and there's a long thin road that can be a murder magnet.

I personally think you'll be "in the mix" (Tindrem, Fabernum, Meduli) once you decide to move on easier with Hylls, aside from Morin Khur you basically have to travel across a lot of open less populated areas at that point. Depends on if you want to be in the mix tho. :p

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The next quitest spot will probably be Mohki. Not nearly as out of the way as Toxai, but also not as much of a pain to get in and out.

people will raid Mohki from time to time, but not nearly as much as Vadda or Bhakti.

if Toxai just isn’t doing it for you, you can always move to Mohki.

Babo

Dec 31, 2021
I would also recommend looking into a guild as it may make sense to start in the town they are basing out of.

Joshuan

Apr 11, 2021
I would also recommend looking into a guild as it may make sense to start in the town they are basing out of.

Thats a good tip. Right now I m playing with a few friends of mine and we are discovering the game. originally I thought I couldnt play the game due to my weak mashine but with GForce Now it seems to work for now. We will maybe start in Tindrem in case we dont form our own littel guild, we might join annother thats located there :)