Mortal Royale 2

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Why don't people like my idea of making alt1 a pvp friendly server w/o TC and different banks? :eek:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Mortal Royale is possibly one of the worst playing games I've ever played, and it also died quicker than any other game I've played. I'd prefer if they didnt waste more dev time on it again.

Why don't people like my idea of making alt1 a pvp friendly server w/o TC and different banks? :eek:
Splitting the pop and making it even harder to find people, is the biggest issue. The other issue is anyone whos full red and doesnt care about standing and just wants to dunk on kids farming (most reds honestly) would just use Myrland main. You don't need pvp friendly server when you are max red anyway. Then the alt server would just be the few people who were blue and wanted to actually fight the reds who are on the other server.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Mortal Royale is possibly one of the worst playing games I've ever played, and it also died quicker than any other game I've played. I'd prefer if they didnt waste more dev time on it again.

Splitting the pop and making it even harder to find people, is the biggest issue. The other issue is anyone whos full red and doesnt care about standing and just wants to dunk on kids farming (most reds honestly) would just use Myrland main. You don't need pvp friendly server when you are max red anyway. Then the alt server would just be the few people who were blue and wanted to actually fight the reds who are on the other server.

I dunno, TC is bad, main is always more laggy. I wonder if TC makes the game more laggy. It's possible you are right, but it's also possible that I am right and Alt1 might be something more people could get into, opposed to the empire building. Yea it'd split the pop, in a way, but it would bring in more people who hopefully would want to transition to TC, and it's proven that the game (on main) can't hold beyond a certain pop anyway ATM. Can do away with it later.

The red priest thing is something, but I know I'd be if I went in (and I know people who are) xtramax rep so they would never be locked out of cities. As I've already said the majority of MO2 people seem to be sitting in cities dueling haha. I do think the split pop thing is an issue, but then you have the hope that w/ a second, different, viable server more people might come in to try it. MAYBE. I'd take awhile to grow tho, but the room would be there. Mo money for SV, more players who can enjoy the game. MO2 has become very soft. I would like a hardcore server, and given that MO2 has more people that wanted to play (assuming they aren't gone forever) than can fit on main, it makes more sense, to me, to have a separate thing that isn't exploitable. But yea I mean I def see it presents some problems as well. The question is whether it outweighs the good, and the other thing is IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO DO. It's already set up! The only thing they'd have to fix is that it saved where you logged out on each separate server.

Reactions: Jatix

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

Honestly if they held a Battle Royale once a month or something I think it would be cool. I know Sandbox Purists would rage though (THIS NOT SANDBOX RE)

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Honestly if they held a Battle Royale once a month or something I think it would be cool. I know Sandbox Purists would rage though (THIS NOT SANDBOX RE)
Ya like an ingame event once a month that is a giant BR at some place or something would be fine. But making BR its own game with tons of wasted dev time isn't worth it.

BlacKnight

Apr 17, 2022

Based

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

this is not a sandbox. I told the story of asking a friend for a game that had no quests and you could just do whatever and they recommended Mo1. I was hooked.

Two quests in MO2 that are extremely problematic and gating:

running parcels to pvp.

farming certain mobs to clade.

Until those two things can be gained in many other ways, the game is extremely neutered as a sandbox.

Also since people tend to go with the current, heavier handed systems can also limit sandboxiness. Mo is an open world full loot pvp game. I can survive doing whatever I wanna do, no amount of effort is gonna get me clade exp playing how I normally play (it's fine, I did it/do it... but it's not sandboxy), and the running parcels thing in itself (altho I have adapted to that, too, I get around so it's fine... I can't imagine ever going - rep haha ITSA JOK, but it's a stupid time sink and limiting.)

Events can help sandbox. I know I am basically the repeating psychotic person by now, but EVENTS ENCOURAGE ACTION which is GOOD in sandboxes because you can take MANY DIFFERENT PATHS. That is SANDBOX. RULES/QUEST that SUPPRESS action are ANTI SANDBOX, though there does need to be a baseline of order to help things get off the ground.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
this is not a sandbox. I told the story of asking a friend for a game that had no quests and you could just do whatever and they recommended Mo1. I was hooked.

Two quests in MO2 that are extremely problematic and gating:

running parcels to pvp.

farming certain mobs to clade.

Until those two things can be gained in many other ways, the game is extremely neutered as a sandbox.

Also since people tend to go with the current, heavier handed systems can also limit sandboxiness. Mo is an open world full loot pvp game. I can survive doing whatever I wanna do, no amount of effort is gonna get me clade exp playing how I normally play (it's fine, I did it/do it... but it's not sandboxy), and the running parcels thing in itself (altho I have adapted to that, too, I get around so it's fine... I can't imagine ever going - rep haha ITSA JOK, but it's a stupid time sink and limiting.)

Events can help sandbox. I know I am basically the repeating psychotic person by now, but EVENTS ENCOURAGE ACTION which is GOOD in sandboxes because you can take MANY DIFFERENT PATHS. That is SANDBOX. RULES/QUEST that SUPPRESS action are ANTI SANDBOX, though there does need to be a baseline of order to help things get off the ground.
Whatever you were trying to communicate… you did not lol