Mortal closes a few seconds after login

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Hey,
since the last patch my Mortal Client frequently closes 10-20 seconds after logging in.
I'm not logged out to the Login Screen but the game simply closes. No error message.
Am I the only one? Is that a known issue?

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
I have the same thing. In the limited time i'm on discord, i've seen a few people bring it up.

No idea how wide spread the problem is tho. Or if there's any acknowledgement from the devs

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Constant crashing here as well after the last patch. It's 50/50 if I get the you we're kicked for high ping message or not. Half the time it just crashes with no message.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
Hey,
since the last patch my Mortal Client frequently closes 10-20 seconds after logging in.
I'm not logged out to the Login Screen but the game simply closes. No error message.
Am I the only one? Is that a known issue?

since the the server went down for a few hours like 4-5 days ago? i've crashed maybe 120 times, various crash logs and often times nothing at all...one that is uncommon for me is i'll load the game up and it will just close with no crash log before the screen loads or at the login screen. and it'll also close at other times like this but yeah...before the update i just had mad stutters, now i just mad crash.

Reactions: Amadman

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Since a patch or 2 ago I've been crashing on launch. either I go to launch the game and it crashes right away, or it may crash after I hit to log into the character. I just re launch and it usually works, unless I'm unlucky and crash again lol.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Since a patch or 2 ago I've been crashing on launch. either I go to launch the game and it crashes right away, or it may crash after I hit to log into the character. I just re launch and it usually works, unless I'm unlucky and crash again lol.
This exact thing for me. I though maybe it was just my system having the issues.

Reactions: Jatix

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
you need to go into steam > properties > validate files > repair files. Usually. Has happened to me many times, for some reason updates have a habit of sending corrupt files that break the game

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
Myself and a few friends have all had this issue multiple times. After loading in to the world, game crashes to desktop after a few seconds with no error message. Logging back in right after works fine.

It seems to be random. Doesn't happen often for me. Maybe 1/10 times I login.

If it happens again I'll try repairing game files in Steam to see if that helps.

siati38

Jan 23, 2023
I have the same problem, it happens to me both on my pc and on geforce now. I enter the game and in the first 2 minutes he kicks me out, if I pass that strip, he doesn't kick me anymore

LM Asreal

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
Please make sure you are sending any error reports, it helps the developers deal with these crashes.

Do you have any other programs running in the background?

siati38

Jan 23, 2023
Please make sure you are sending any error reports, it helps the developers deal with these crashes.

Thanks for answering, I only have Steam open, discord and maybe the browser watching youtube, nothing out of the ordinary, the problem I see is that when I disconnect, no error or reporting message appears to be able to send it.

LM Asreal

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
It is possible it could be a unstable connection. Do you have a vpn by chance?

siati38

Jan 23, 2023
It is possible it could be a unstable connection. Do you have a vpn by chance?
The connection is 100% stable by cable, very good latencies and 0 lost packets, I have vpns installed but they are never active, for example GlobalProtect or ExpressVPN.

LM Asreal

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2021
Could try to contact out of gamers support see if they have any ideas to fix the issue.

xeric

Dec 30, 2021

The crash is straight to desktop no error report opens. At least for me anyways. Seams to only really do this on first launch sometimes, otherwise fine.

Reactions: Amadman and Jybwee

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
This has been happening in GeForce Now ever since the ping patch. To desktop with no message. Sometimes get in after one kick, sometimes it can take up to 8 logins to stay in. Reported both to GeForce and SV. Still waiting on a fix.

Reactions: oldeurope

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I had these too, validating files did not help me. I had asus armoury crate running and after I turned it off, no ctd's.

siati38

Jan 23, 2023
I have been playing this last week from my pc and I continue with the same random problem, I enter and in 2 minutes or less it kicks me out, if I manage to pass that time the session will last indefinitely. I have tried to repair the installation but it keeps failing randomly.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I've had this problem twice now in the past few days, upon logging in it crashes back to desktop without any apparent reason. But after booting up and logging in the connection remains stable from that point.

Reactions: Jybwee