More punishing deaths.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Main issue is that you can just respawn over and over at priest just to run out naked to harass with out any repercussions.

The reserve system was supposed to solve this by grey baring out people who die repeatedly but this system doesnt work and just cause larger issues in the game outside of the narrow scope of issue it was supposed to alleviate.

My proposition is that if a player dies with in a time limit of spawning at a priest then they get a longer respawn timer. This timer will increase to be longer and longer each time they die with in a certain time after spawning.

Lets say a player dies with in 30 seconds after spawning they now get a 30 second delay instead of the 15 second one. If they die again now 30 seconds after ressing this time its a full minute. If they die with in a minute now after the minute penalty then they will have a 5 minute wait timer. Every 1 minute after respawning now will give a 5 minute penalty. If you wait 5 minutes after your penalty then the condition will disappear and you will be reset.

This will only be for red priest and for that particular priest. So players can leave to else where to respawn. This will actually solve the issue with nakeds reentering battle.

Reactions: Paffu

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Agreed.

Makes fighting in places like Kranesh, at times, pointless because you simply respawn with full HP and without people actively camping it.. someone you killed can just come back and re-gear, go get their gear from the loot bag if it's not touched, or go back and fight with a worn short sword.

So on top of this delay, I feel you shouldn't respawn with full stats as well.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Agreed.

Makes fighting in places like Kranesh, at times, pointless because you simply respawn with full HP and without people actively camping it.. someone you killed can just come back and re-gear, go get their gear from the loot bag if it's not touched, or go back and fight with a worn short sword.

So on top of this delay, I feel you shouldn't respawn with full stats as well.

I always thought respawning at full HP was a bug... surely this ain't the intention?