Moderators Are Out of Touch

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
I'm sorry but.. Why am i getting chat bans just for stirring drama?

The game's design thrives off it. You have a game where people essentially make their own objectives and pursue them. If you cut off anything that stirs emotions, you're essentially killing fuel for player interaction. Am i saying go unmoderated? No. But if people are arguing about something ingame about the game, you should not be handing out bans. That is part of the fun of the game.

It just makes the game more fun. It gives people reason to kill eachother in the game. Let us hate one another so we can get immersed in the world.

Honestly, i think you're out of touch with your audience. I look at some of these streamers, and they're essentially insulting their opponents openly and as much as possible. Henrik supposedly supports some of these streamers. Like.. Why are you stopping us saying that stuff in game?

We're not here to be friends with eachother, and all play together like some happy family. Where would the fun in that be?

Oh, and also before you say "It is da help chat tho !!!!". 90% of the stuff in there is completely off-topic, people talking about what they ate for lunch or the weather. Like, why are they not getting banned?

It's a world chat with selective banning, not a help chat.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
If you feel you were banned from chat unjustly, there is an appeal process.

Fill out for form at this link: https://www.mortalonline2.com/help-center/

The entire chat system has a rework on the board. I cannot give a timeframe at this time. This change will likely include policy changes due to how the chat system will evolve with better features, etc.

Good luck on your appeal.

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
Not seen Sally type anything in helpchat for over a month now. Was very repetitive. That pets are overpowered, Mages are overpowered, Heavy Armor is overpowered and foot archers are underpowered. Despite foot archer costing few action points, meaning its impossible to be a foot archer without being something else, unless you let the points go unused. Unless Sally is Chillik not seen them attacking pets in Meduli either for a long time.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
lol I was all for it until i realized it was help chat. Stay the fuck out of help chat. It should go back to being as it was, with only nubs and a few people who were grandfathered in to help.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Not seen Sally type anything in helpchat for over a month now. Was very repetitive. That pets are overpowered, Mages are overpowered, Heavy Armor is overpowered and foot archers are underpowered. Despite foot archer costing few action points, meaning its impossible to be a foot archer without being something else, unless you let the points go unused. Unless Sally is Chillik not seen them attacking pets in Meduli either for a long time.
I'm playing my alt character, which i've deleted and remade many times to try everything in the game. I've tried taming, i've retried mage, i've tried melee.

Taming is slightly less broken when you are FULL tamer. By that i mean, taking everything including animal care; but it is still really broken.

Heavy armor is CERTAINLY broken. Do you know what it is like going from dying in a couple of hits to that?? It is like i'm playing a baby game with heavy armor on. The only thing you have to worry about is mages really, and even then, they have to worry about you just as much.

Mages are broken for three reasons : They bypass heavy armor (thank god, something has to). They have ALL the utility in the game, and i mean ALL. They can push people around, create walls, heal, area deny. They can do it all. Third? They have superior aiming options. Every shot as an archer is projectile based, mages can swap to hitscan in PVP. Thunderlash does ridiculous amounts of damage and is so easy to aim.

Worst of all? You can use them all at the same time.. This results in a real abomination of brokenness that i'm not shameless enough to try.

Archery is still terrible, good for nothing but killing horses. Mages, heavy armor and pets are still overpowered.

Reactions: Rahz

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm playing my alt character, which i've deleted and remade many times to try everything in the game. I've tried taming, i've retried mage, i've tried melee.

Taming is slightly less broken when you are FULL tamer. By that i mean, taking everything including animal care; but it is still really broken.

Heavy armor is CERTAINLY broken. Do you know what it is like going from dying in a couple of hits to that?? It is like i'm playing a baby game with heavy armor on. The only thing you have to worry about is mages really, and even then, they have to worry about you just as much.

Mages are broken for three reasons : They bypass heavy armor (thank god, something has to). They have ALL the utility in the game, and i mean ALL. They can push people around, create walls, heal, area deny. They can do it all. Third? They have superior aiming options. Every shot as an archer is projectile based, mages can swap to hitscan in PVP. Thunderlash does ridiculous amounts of damage and is so easy to aim.

Worst of all? You can use them all at the same time.. This results in a real abomination of brokenness that i'm not shameless enough to try.

Archery is still terrible, good for nothing but killing horses. Mages, heavy armor and pets are still overpowered.

They really need to improve archery. I dunno how we got here from mods are out of touch, but I def want that.

I want to keep the trajectory part intact, so i wouldn't wanna speed up arrows too much, but maybe a tiny tiny bit. Then the issue is just damage. A decent archer should be able to shut down a mage, like in most games. But they should have to spec it. Full foot fighters pounding people with the best bows in the game (cuz they have the str to pull them and that's all that matters) is not a great place for archery to be.

Archery should be its own class. As I said, i've hit some wtf level shots in my life. I put time into MA in MO1. I suck at fps, but maybe it's cuz I never practiced. Something about the trajectory makes it so much more interesting tho. I would LOVE to be able to play as archer. I understand why they might not want archery to do good dmg, but they can level it out. That's where they need some new primaries, foot archery. Something like aggressive stance for foot archery that went up to like +10 dmg, +% at max would be <3. Not saying that's balanced, but that's the line of thought that will get it right, prol.

The problem is the banger long bows can actually hit people hard, so there needs to be more than just that. Maybe a short bow mastery primary that gives that, and a long bow mastery primary that just lets you pull a long bow up to your max strength at max.

Then something for asyms as MA. heh, there are a lot of ways they could go with it. It's just numbers, too. Speeding the arrows a little would be nice, but even left as they are, just a pure number adjustment would make it worth it.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022

Pets will get nerfed. Theres magic resistance pots and reflect. Get some ecu defense on your amulet, maybe a little psy if you can and mages arent that bad since elementalism spells cant be cast while mounted and the projectiles are really slow. MM vs MA is the same problem as MA ( or Archery in general) vs anything. Armor. You can see how strong it is in PvE (Outlaws arrow hits you for 0 lol). The 4kg Towershields you see on mages should've been deleted months ago, a 8kg shield however halves your mana regeneration, as it should.
I suppose armor piercing arrows would be a good way to balance Archery. Maybe tie them to some useless Archery skill so Archers get a little more class identity. Id also say reduce stamina consumption on bows if youre wearing light/medium armor and make archery cost more stamina if youre in heavy armor.
Bows on footfighters should be a tool to finish off opponents, they shouldnt be the best archers.
The only reason heavy armor exists imo is because some people run around with +18%blunt and +18%slash damage on their trinkets, which is waaaay too much damage and the reason nobody wants to fights thursars in melee. Even if you're a considerably better fighter, 2 lucky hits and you're out while you will most likely need at least 5 to 6 good hits.

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
Honestly why are there even moderators? I don't get it. Basically only good for pissing people off. If people don't like something someone is saying just /mute. Why is that so difficult?

Also M rated game.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
They really need to improve archery. I dunno how we got here from mods are out of touch, but I def want that.

I want to keep the trajectory part intact, so i wouldn't wanna speed up arrows too much, but maybe a tiny tiny bit. Then the issue is just damage. A decent archer should be able to shut down a mage, like in most games. But they should have to spec it. Full foot fighters pounding people with the best bows in the game (cuz they have the str to pull them and that's all that matters) is not a great place for archery to be.

Archery should be its own class. As I said, i've hit some wtf level shots in my life. I put time into MA in MO1. I suck at fps, but maybe it's cuz I never practiced. Something about the trajectory makes it so much more interesting tho. I would LOVE to be able to play as archer. I understand why they might not want archery to do good dmg, but they can level it out. That's where they need some new primaries, foot archery. Something like aggressive stance for foot archery that went up to like +10 dmg, +% at max would be <3. Not saying that's balanced, but that's the line of thought that will get it right, prol.

The problem is the banger long bows can actually hit people hard, so there needs to be more than just that. Maybe a short bow mastery primary that gives that, and a long bow mastery primary that just lets you pull a long bow up to your max strength at max.

Then something for asyms as MA. heh, there are a lot of ways they could go with it. It's just numbers, too. Speeding the arrows a little would be nice, but even left as they are, just a pure number adjustment would make it worth it.
Archers can easily shut down mages (long bow, not short bow - mages can out heal short bow’s pathetic damage unless they get 100% weakspots).

Archers have no shot against heavy armor users though. They should definitely be at a disadvantage, but an archer with perfect aim should be able to take down a noob steel user. I don’t think the solution is buffing shortbows and/or weakspot because then you’d just have an even more OP version of the current dex mage buffoonery running around. High tier arrows are definitely needed though so a pure foot archer style is viable outside of horse and noob griefing.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Honestly why are there even moderators? I don't get it. Basically only good for pissing people off. If people don't like something someone is saying just /mute. Why is that so difficult?

Also M rated game.
All live service games ran by a company will have some kind of moderation. Ours is quite light compared to our peers. This is not a private game server.

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Archers can easily shut down mages (long bow, not short bow - mages can out heal short bow’s pathetic damage unless they get 100% weakspots).

Archers have no shot against heavy armor users though. They should definitely be at a disadvantage, but an archer with perfect aim should be able to take down a noob steel user. I don’t think the solution is buffing shortbows and/or weakspot because then you’d just have an even more OP version of the current dex mage buffoonery running around. High tier arrows are definitely needed though so a pure foot archer style is viable outside of horse and noob griefing.
"Perfect aim" is impossible with archery, let's just get that out of the way.

There is no "perfect aim" with archery because the arrows move too slowly. Meaning people can just sidestep them in any distance except close range, upon which archery is useless compared to a melee weapon.

Players move without momentum, meaning what? Meaning if they're on a set path, they can change direction instantly without slowing down. Horses on the otherhand, have momentum. They cannot just swap directions instantly. This is why archery works on horses, but not for people on foot.

Archers lose against mages too. Why? Mages can stand behind things. Mages can wear armor too. Mages have easier aiming. Mages can bypass armor. Mages can heal very quickly.

Unless the mage is completely naked, no mage should be losing to a foot archer; even when naked, it makes it near even when they're naked. Most mages wear light armor, which is enough to neuter archery significantly. The mage can just stand behind something, charge their spell, quick step out, fire spell, step back behind rock. The arrow literally won't reach them in time before they're back behind the rock. OR they can just shuffle back and forth on the spot whilst charging the cast. Even that tiny amount of speed is enough to avoid arrows, and due to it being momentum less, the archer just has to guess when they shoot, and hope it lands.

If you get close to them? As an oghmir or thursar, you wouldn't catch them running round the rock. Also, they can drop area denial spells etc.. So overall, they pretty solidly beat archers across the board.

Archery only really works on horses.. Everything else? It is near useless.

They aren't going to nerf mages, let's be real. The need to make archers even to mages, and they can do that via a heavy armor nerf and an arrow speed buff.

On top of this, i would also nerf archery when used in heavy armor. That way, melee armor players have an advantage if they get close. Otherwise the game would just be mages and armored archers. They need to make it so archery is a light armor thing.

Reactions: Rahz

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
All live service games ran by a company will have some kind of moderation. Ours is quite light compared to our peers. This is not a private game server.
I don't know it seems pretty heavy handed to me. I've said some pretty crazy stuff in WoW and never even have been muted over thousands and thousands of hours of play. This game someone makes a video as a joke and 10 people get banned.

Also I hear frequently some pretty vile stuff in CS2 and it peaks at 1.5 million for daily users. Go call somebody the N word in CS2 and see if Valve bans you or not. Very unlikely to happen yet it's the most successful game on Steam (by a massive margin).

I genuinely struggle to see that many benefits to having moderators in game yet very clearly can see the negatives.

Last edited:

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
"Perfect aim" is impossible with archery, let's just get that out of the way.

There is no "perfect aim" with archery because the arrows move too slowly. Meaning people can just sidestep them in any distance except close range, upon which archery is useless compared to a melee weapon.

Players move without momentum, meaning what? Meaning if they're on a set path, they can change direction instantly without slowing down. Horses on the otherhand, have momentum. They cannot just swap directions instantly. This is why archery works on horses, but not for people on foot.

Archers lose against mages too. Why? Mages can stand behind things. Mages can wear armor too. Mages have easier aiming. Mages can bypass armor. Mages can heal very quickly.

Unless the mage is completely naked, no mage should be losing to a foot archer; even when naked, it makes it near even when they're naked. Most mages wear light armor, which is enough to neuter archery significantly. The mage can just stand behind something, charge their spell, quick step out, fire spell, step back behind rock. The arrow literally won't reach them in time before they're back behind the rock. OR they can just shuffle back and forth on the spot whilst charging the cast. Even that tiny amount of speed is enough to avoid arrows, and due to it being momentum less, the archer just has to guess when they shoot, and hope it lands.

If you get close to them? As an oghmir or thursar, you wouldn't catch them running round the rock. Also, they can drop area denial spells etc.. So overall, they pretty solidly beat archers across the board.

Archery only really works on horses.. Everything else? It is near useless.

They aren't going to nerf mages, let's be real. The need to make archers even to mages, and they can do that via a heavy armor nerf and an arrow speed buff.

On top of this, i would also nerf archery when used in heavy armor. That way, melee armor players have an advantage if they get close. Otherwise the game would just be mages and armored archers. They need to make it so archery is a light armor thing.
For the record I am a foot archer too and have been since beta. I’ve never had a problem with pure mages when using a longbow. The damage outpaces their heals and I rarely miss. If they are hiding behind rocks and trees, just shoot them in close range. The problem with mages is that they are almost always tamers as well, which is a build that needs to be removed from the game entirely since SV has proven they cannot balance it.

If you’re a shortbow user, you’re doomed though. Shortbow damage is so pathetically low a fat mage can just stand still and out heal anything but headshots.

But regardless on your perspective on archer/mage balance, higher tier arrows that can cut through whatever armor the mage is using would fix the problem

Demccy

Aug 11, 2021
I'm sorry but.. Why am i getting chat bans just for stirring drama?

The game's design thrives off it. You have a game where people essentially make their own objectives and pursue them. If you cut off anything that stirs emotions, you're essentially killing fuel for player interaction. Am i saying go unmoderated? No. But if people are arguing about something ingame about the game, you should not be handing out bans. That is part of the fun of the game.

It just makes the game more fun. It gives people reason to kill eachother in the game. Let us hate one another so we can get immersed in the world.

Honestly, i think you're out of touch with your audience. I look at some of these streamers, and they're essentially insulting their opponents openly and as much as possible. Henrik supposedly supports some of these streamers. Like.. Why are you stopping us saying that stuff in game?

We're not here to be friends with eachother, and all play together like some happy family. Where would the fun in that be?

Oh, and also before you say "It is da help chat tho !!!!". 90% of the stuff in there is completely off-topic, people talking about what they ate for lunch or the weather. Like, why are they not getting banned?

It's a world chat with selective banning, not a help chat.

This is rich coming from you Sally, I encountered you going to Toxia one day and you blew a fit when I killed you. You was so upset that you reported me to the moderators and I had to show them of the video of you spazzing while DONTEATMYCANDY feed you great RP lines regarding " Old Greg ". The video of you sending in a fake voice over was pretty funny and sad at the same time as you took a lot of time to do that for nothing with your husband. Sally you have been what I despised in the Mortal community and I really hope you find some positive meaning in the game and have better interactions. Hope to meet again one day. PS. any chat ban you have received is prolly justified as you tend to have nasty in game interactions with the Mortal culture.