MO2 the worst MMO I have ever played!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Not about being a social justice warrior it about not being an asshole. Just because you can say/do something doesn't mean you should.

For instance I can go to a public parking lot an randomly key people's cars, grantee get away with it too if I cover my face, park my own car some were out of sight of cameras an people, and avoid keying cars that people are next too. But really why should I be that kind of an ass? Now let look at an in game comparison, this is no different than being in MK pushing people off the cliff as they try an use the crasher. Both instances result in the offender gaining nothing an the victim being frustrated an annoyed, this than results in people quitting the game or not going to that store anymore.
Well then why are you allowed to complain about them ? if they are not allowed to act like assholes which is perfectly legal most anywhere in the world.

The beauty of freedom is that you cant dictate over others like the leader of the third reich did. Im sure you dont want the world to be under such rule now would you ?
But still you want the dictatory powers over other human beings because you dont condone with their way of acting be it positive or negative.

Very telling of your character and your insecure state of mind.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Being a decent human being isn't being a social justice warrior, so if you have nothing to actually add to the issues that have been raised, then don't post on this thread. Already let the Mods know about the issue of trolls here.
Being a decent human being would be not to eavesdrop like a stalker in a game throwing around all kinds of insults with no proof or evidense of any kind.
Normal human beings dont bug others with their own insecurities in a game that is not a voip.
Calling an entire community of thousands of players for what a couple trolls supposedly did 1 time is not being a decent nor a normal human being.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Agree on the ping normalization but damn you care to much about voip. Just turn it off. Meduli is a shit hole but idk how you live irl if what is said in meduli would affect you that much.

People just need to stop letting that stuff affect them. Yeah come here and complain which is totally with in your right and reason to do so. But hearing you complain about how vibrations in the air or pixels on the screen make you unable to play the game.

Its not the content of what they said that got to you, it was the lack of control. Lots of people now a days are conditioned to controlled environments and its more the lack of control that is the reason they cant function. Its also why they cant function in society and are regarded with disstain as much so as the ones saying the things that they are complaining about.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Well then why are you allowed to complain about them ? if they are not allowed to act like assholes which is perfectly legal most anywhere in the world.

The beauty of freedom is that you cant dictate over others like the leader of the third reich did. Im sure you dont want the world to be under such rule now would you ?
But still you want the dictatory powers over other human beings because you dont condone with their way of acting be it positive or negative.

Very telling of your character and your insecure state of mind.
Calm down on the weed it frying your brain. Lol your freedom to be an asshole doesn't give the right to affect other's freedom to live their life. Don't hide behind something you seek to destroy it counter productive an show how ignorant you are.

• Haha
Reactions: ThaBadMan

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The community is not toxic over all. There is just a small percentage that is.

Considering the nature of full loot games, it should be expected to come across such players though.

The more players that can ignore the few that are being toxic then the better community we can have in the long run.

What we need is more players to develop thick skin and stick around despite the few toxic players.

In the end it is the players that don't leave that will make up the community.

Last edited:

Lucina

Feb 10, 2022

Considering the nature off full loot games, it should be expected to come across such players though.

The more players that can ignore the few that are being toxic then the better community we can have in the long run.

What we need is more players to develop thick skin and stick around despite the few toxic players.

Having a thick skin and ignoring an issue does not in fact make that issue go away. It allows it to spread like cancer. The fact is a large part of this community is toxic, many of them are on this thread as well. Star Vault needs to do a better job of weeding them out, like any other company. It's that simple.

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022

Considering the nature off full loot games, it should be expected to come across such players though.

Skin thickness has nothing to do with the toxic actions these individuals take to ensure you don't enjoy playing the game. Fact is when these individuals act the way they do an frustrate people by doing the above listed either through their actions or via text and voice chats than the game stop being fun an it defeats the point of the game being entertainment if your not entertained playing.

People aren't logging into MO2 to listen to people screaming at them or others over who dick size is bigger, they don't play it so some asshole can glitch them through the ground or wall so they have to suicide or wait for a GM response. They play the game to have fun, if assholes are harassing them in chat or exploiting mechanics to ruin their fun than they'll just quit the game an find one that enjoyable to play..

Example was in DCUO were people would intentionally body block doors an trap players in rooms with no way to get out. Your only hope was for the asshole to stop body blocking you or just quit the game. The result was people mass quit the game until the developers behind DCUO started banning people for body blocking doorways.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucina

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
The dude is pointing out real shit, SV is a dog ass company and they repating the same shit from MO1 i have to confess i was expecting them to have changed but it's the exact same shitshow.

Part of the community is poop, bunch of derelict steam teenagers, but not everyone is like that, just a big part.

I see a lot of people defending this behavior from SV haha, thats fucking hilarious.

This 100% man.

Reactions: Lucina

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Having a thick skin and ignoring an issue does not in fact make that issue go away. It allows it to spread like cancer. The fact is a large part of this community is toxic, many of them are on this thread as well. Star Vault needs to do a better job of weeding them out, like any other company. It's that simple.

I am in no way saying we should except things that are wrong. Hateful and racial type of things should be documented and reported.

I am only talking of those that choose to quit over it and tell everyone not to play it because there are negative people in it.

If you figure that all the players that post about the game being toxic are not toxic themselves (which I know is debatable) then there could be a pretty large non toxic community.

But saying the community is toxic and suggesting that no one play it, is basically leaving the game to toxic players. It is a sort of like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
I am in no way saying we should except things that are wrong. Hateful and racial type of things should be documented and reported.

I am only talking of those that choose to quit over it and tell everyone not to play it because there are negative people in it.

If you figure that all the players that post about the game being toxic are not toxic themselves (which I know is debatable) then there could be a pretty large non toxic community.

But saying the community is toxic and suggesting that no one play it, is basically leaving the game to toxic players. It is a sort of like a self fulfilling prophecy.

I never stated or suggested that people should not play MO2. I stated this was my personal opinion at the start of my post. I'm actually still playing MO2. I don't think the game is a bad game. But I do think they have a lot of work to do in dealing with the community and being honest about their game. But I have every right as a customer to voice my personal opinion on their product and hold Star Vault accountable for their actions or the lack there of.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I never stated or suggested that people should not play MO2. I stated this was my personal opinion at the start of my post. I'm actually still playing MO2. I don't think the game is a bad game. But I do think they have a lot of work to do in dealing with the community and being honest about their game. But I have every right as a customer to voice my personal opinion on their product and hold Star Vault accountable for their actions or the lack there of.

Agreed.

However a title like "MO2 The worst mmo i have ever played"

Along with:
However, my main issue is how toxic the Mortal Online community is as a whole. I have never seen a community be so overwhelmingly racist, discriminatory, homophobic, xenophobic, or misogynistic before. This toxic community pushes new players out completely since most players simply do not want to deal with these behaviors. This game may as well be 4chan Online.

And while I do not disagree on the issues. This does not exactly scream I play the game and think you should too.

D

Dracu

Its an opinion, why you guys so mad about it? xD
If person A likes something and person B doesnt, it makes both right, its personal taste.
And many points are indeed valid critisism.

Henriks streams and hype were misleading, lots of promises did get broken... thats a fact.
GMs taking lax stance on shit happening... is a fact aswell....
Ping normalisation favouring specific playerbases is also true.

I see many valids in this and the personal opinion part you cant really argue against cause its... well... personal opinion.
But i am prolly biased cause iam overly negatively opinionated towards the current route SV took and the state MO2 is in.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Calm down on the weed it frying your brain. Lol your freedom to be an asshole doesn't give the right to affect other's freedom to live their life. Don't hide behind something you seek to destroy it counter productive an show how ignorant you are.
Must be Murican, your view on freedom is crazy...Yes the alcohol you consume does melt your brain.

Considering the nature of full loot games, it should be expected to come across such players though.

This.
They want attention. Give it to them and they wont quit, same with bullies and the rest of such ilk. "Dont feed the troll" is a saying for a reason.
The dude is pointing out real shit, SV is a dog ass company and they repating the same shit from MO1 i have to confess i was expecting them to have changed but it's the exact same shitshow.

Part of the community is poop, bunch of derelict steam teenagers, but not everyone is like that, just a big part.

I see a lot of people defending this behavior from SV haha, thats fucking hilarious.
Dont blame the community for SVs failings. They make it and they enforce it. And they and only they can change it. We can merely complain and point out the shit they do. Sadly they do ban people for speaking out.

ChonoKhan

Nov 17, 2020
There are many issues with this game...

But the community in this game is kind of like the real world... a good amount of really nice, friendly and helpful people... and then you have the people who probably run around in bunny suits, cranked out on meth and probably metallic objects inserted into their buttocks. Such is the way of the world... Balance is restored.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Its not the content of what they said that got to you, it was the lack of control. Lots of people now a days are conditioned to controlled environments and its more the lack of control that is the reason they cant function. Its also why they cant function in society and are regarded with disstain as much so as the ones saying the things that they are complaining about.
Fucking facts. Spot on.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae
After 350 hours of Mortal Online 2 gameplay, I have decided that Mortal Online 2 is soundly the worst MMO I have ever played. And that's saying a lot because I have played many MMOs over the years such as Ultima Online, Darkfall, etc. Below are my personal issues with MO2.

Henrik claims that the Star Vault team could not have known one hundreds thousand customers would purchase his game. However, these sales did not happen overnight. A lot of these customers did in fact purchase the game well in advance. So Star Vault had more than enough time to prepare for a proper game release.

Henrik spent well over a year hyping up the game to players. Stating the map and server could handle 100k players. That the map would have more than enough content for everyone. That they did not want to repeat MO1 and had learned from their past mistakes. Yet all these statements which are on video were fragrant lies.

Their PING Normalization System does not work. Most of the population plays in the US and Steam tracking proves this. Yet we are forced to play a game with 150+ ping. On top of that, the servers are constantly having mirroring issues. This makes combat with other players nearly unbearable.
The lack of Star Vault staff shows as well. Servers are constantly having issues when the Star Vault team is asleep. Yet Star Vault has yet to hire second or third-shift teams to deal with issues. Which is a basic practice for any live service game.
This part of your review is extremely on point.
However, my main issue is how toxic the Mortal Online community is as a whole. I have never seen a community be so overwhelmingly racist, discriminatory, homophobic, xenophobic, or misogynistic before. This toxic community pushes new players out completely since most players simply do not want to deal with these behaviors. This game may as well be 4chan Online.

Sitting in Meduli I overheard players on the main server discussing killing African Americans, raping women, and how whites are better than other races. When I recorded and reported this well over a week ago, nothing at all was done. The same players, are playing, and still doing the same poor behaviors.
This is where it derails a bit. Every community has these issues when moderation does not exist at all, because this is what humanity sounds like when allowed to speak freely and anonymously. Free speech and freedom of expression are very valuable, and that we have reached the point where 4chan is the only notable place on the Internet where it is (mostly) possible and almost entirely concentrated is a bit disconcerting.

Not really related to the game, though I do recommend you read some Solzhenitsyn.
And Stat Vaults' silence on the issue is deafening.

What's worse is Star Vault and the Discord Moderation team take a very lax stance on all these behaviors. Nearly nothing is ever done about players breaking what should be zero tolerance guidelines.
And here things shift back on topic. This is you making a bad/the wrong assumption, I think. I sincerely doubt Star Vault records VoIP discussions, as that'd be quite taxing on storage. From personal experience and the experiences of others, it's also easy to gather that the GM's are both lacking in proper tools to address issues and overall bodies to actually watch over the quantity of active players.

You'll likely get more mileage by submitting video evidence that has the offending players easily identifiable. I digress; this puts the ball back in Star Vault's court, but for the same reasons outlined in the first section of your post rather than bringing things down to choosing not to respond to specific things.
It seems we are never going to get a proper Full Loot MMO, unless a company finds the will to properly regulate its community and stand by
its promises.
Never say never, though the chances aren't good. There are two types of companies: those concerned with making a profit, and those concerned with stroking the ego of their figurehead. Only the latter can likely produce a good sandbox MMO as the former will always appeal to the masses through simplification and monetization.

We are fortunate that Star Vault is the latter. We are unfortunate that Henrik is not a good stand-in for Richard Garriott in his youth.
Must be Murican, your view on freedom is crazy...Yes the alcohol you consume does melt your brain.
Very off topic, but it's a bit ironic how we Americans turned out despite our foundations, isn't it? Though if you want to know why, an okay starting point for the trail begins roughly in 1918 and not at all in the US.
Dont blame the community for SVs failings. They make it and they enforce it. And they and only they can change it. We can merely complain and point out the shit they do.
An apt summary. Could probably end the thread with this and we'd all be better for it.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

This.

They want attention. Give it to them and they wont quit, same with bullies and the rest of such ilk. "Dont feed the troll" is a saying for a reason.

Dont blame the community for SVs failings. They make it and they enforce it. And they and only they can change it. We can merely complain and point out the shit they do. Sadly they do ban people for speaking out.
Well cant blame the community for anything really. The community may or may not dissuade certain public cuz of It's nature, and thats allways been the case with MO1 doesn't mean they shouldn't take some shit seriously. SV barely enforces shit, thats for sure.

Reactions: Lucina and Tiberius

Tiberius

Mar 31, 2021
Well, can't blame the community for anything really. The community may or may not dissuade certain public cuz of Its nature, and that's always been the case with MO1 doesn't mean they shouldn't take some shit seriously. SV barely enforces shit, that's for sure.

I don't blame the community for any issue I named in my post. I place the blame squarely on Star Vaults' shoulders. They knew these issues from MO1 and have allowed them to carry over to MO2. Which is not acceptable in 2022. As a company, it is their job to ensure all players are able to have a fun and safe environment in which to use their products.

The toxicity of a portion of the community can be solved by properly investing in MO2. Hiring GMs that are available around the clock and making an in-game ticket system that is user-friendly is a solid start. Hiring Devs available around the clock to address server issues as well. The world does not revolve around Sweden or Henrik.

On the game issues and PING. Making separated US and EU servers needs to happen. Server mirroring is not going to work and is only causing more issues than it's worth. The player base has tanked and in less than 30 days if the trend continues, MO2 will be just like MO1. And the only way to change this is to keep pressure on Henrik and Star Vault.

I don't hate the game. I actually love it. But I can't be silent when the man who created this game is yet again doing nothing, while the game falls apart. And frankly, the lack of a Dev response speaks volumes.

Lucina

Feb 10, 2022
I'm worried about MO2 long-term. The steam numbers are dropping sharply, and when you read the review, pretty much everyone has stated some similar to what issues you raised here. And to be fair, it's 2022, most gamers just don't have time for companies that don't listen to their player base and clearly show they don't give a shit by lying to them constantly like Henrik keeps doing.

Star Vault needs to properly invest in the game, they made millions, they can't keep playing the Indie Dev card.