Melee Morphing

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
1v1's would essentially turn into durability checks open world if there wasn't animation breaking.

Reactions: Kokolo

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
View attachment 1946
I do? So do the two people I mentioned in my original post?

I think I understand what you're trying to do here: make the topic seem irrelevant. For those players that have already learnt, practiced and got good at morphing, they would like to keep this in the game so that they retain their competitive advantage. That's fair, but if you look past your own preferences is this actually a good meta for the health of the game? Will a morphing combat meta help keep people playing? Probably for the players at the top of the pvp pyramid due to its complexity, but for the majority of others I don't think so.
This game isn't a combat sim, there isn't any reasonable alternative. You need to be able to move and turn for other reasons pve, group fights etc. I've been dealing with the relentless assault by people of your ilk for over of a year as they've demanded sweeping changes constantly guised by their moral posturing. The swing morphs have been nerfed, the camera looks have been nerfed, the ones that exist now are done so by people who spent a lot of time on how to do it despite the animation changes.

Either way yes being able to actually play the game is good for it. The restrictions that come from the noob base of chivalry have already taken away some of Mortal Online 1's greatest moments. Some of the changes suggested would have made the game completely unplayable.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
It's a lot easier with macros get a 360 spin and one that looks all the way straight up and back. Use autohot key and bind them to extra mouse buttons or keys.

it was bannable on MO1 and they should keep banning for this... fucking ridiculus ... using a macro software for pvp its cheating kid.

Reactions: Kokolo and Teknique

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
it was bannable on MO1 and they should keep banning for this... fucking ridiculus ... using a macro software for pvp its cheating kid.
Autohot key was bannable so you never used a cast macro or a sprint macro. If ezanti cheat lets it by which it does how could anyone ever know you were doing it. I hate the dueling in this game I wish we had MO1 combat where movement and faints mattered. But this is the game we got like it or not.

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
I'm gonna take a guess here and say Teknique and Kokolo are in the "practiced morphing heavily, got good at it and want it to stay in the game so that we can retain our competitive advantage" group. Be it as it may, you've made your point of view on the topic clear which is useful because the whole purpose of my post was to explore what the community thought about morphing. Keen to see what others think though too if others want to share their views.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You make it seem as if it is something available to only a few. Competitive advantage? You can learn it in a few days.

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
You make it seem as if it is something available to only a few. Competitive advantage? You can learn it in a few days.

Some people say it's good because it's complex, skilful and takes time to master. Here you say it takes a few days to pick up. So which one is it?

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Some people say it's good because it's complex, skilful and takes time to master. Here you say it takes a few days to pick up. So which one is it?
It is complex, skillful, and takes a few days of dedicated work to master.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I'm gonna take a guess here and say Teknique and Kokolo are in the "practiced morphing heavily, got good at it and want it to stay in the game so that we can retain our competitive advantage" group. Be it as it may, you've made your point of view on the topic clear which is useful because the whole purpose of my post was to explore what the community thought about morphing. Keen to see what others think though too if others want to share their views.
I'm in the group that has seen everything get nerfed from day 1,

Mouse speeds, camera angles, camera animations, swing speeds. Nothing matters the good stay good the not so good stay that way as well. At best the game remains playable at worst its totally destroyed.

There have been some good tech improvements to the game but I generally see that as something separate from the nerf everything until you literally can't move crowd.

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
We need to remove skill ceiling since its exploiting.

It's not about the skill ceiling in the game, it's about looking up in the sky / showing your back to the enemy when swinging surely not being the way the developers envisioned the combat in their game to be like. Sure you folks might like the skill ceiling that it provides, but it does not fit with the 'realism' theme of the game. I don't mind learning the play style, but it does not look good or feel right and will (and has already) put people off the game.

I also don't agree with the argument that to change the morphing meta would require changing the whole system. That's just a lazy and fear mongering argument. Here's a simple solution: make feinting more effective so 'hiding' your swings becomes unnecessary. I just thought of that sitting on my ass sipping some coffee, I wonder what a room full of game developers might be able to think of or a hundred members of the community across a forum?

1629203158291.png

Last edited:

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
"Make feinting more effective so 'hiding' your swings becomes unnecessary" is such an abstract statement. Define "more effective".

How would you do this? Make recovery after feinting faster? Increased speed of charge until full power at a higher stamina drain after feinting? Implement a block penalty for continuous unsuccessful spam blocks (which bringa a question of numericaly defining a spam block) which would encourage you to trick your opponent?

I think that inceasing the speed of combat brings PING related problems more forward (though I do think we can add a bit more speed than now without much problem), and punishing consecutive unsuccessful blocks would be problematic when you are outnumbered in a fight. If feints are to be made more useful in any way they should also come at a cost. Spam feinting is a problem as well, and people would cry "feinting OP".

I mean, I just don't understand why go into all this when you could just... move. It's fine.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
It’s not like you can run out of range if someone is watching in the air and load your own swing ... combat feels really really good like it is right now.

Reactions: Kokolo

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I haven't played for a bit, but doesn't all this morphing stuff only apply to 1v1s? Just don't duel or engage in a 1v1

People will always find ways to push the game to it's limits to get an advantage in combat. In a game where melee combat is not ability based but directional attacking and blocking, this kind of stuff always crops up.

If you're someone who prefers to play solo or is a duel-er I guess you'll have to get use to it or not play. The game is much more enjoyable in a group IMO.

Reactions: Kokolo and Teknique

GoldenGecko

Mar 14, 2021
The concerning thing is the increasing amount of people using ahk to spin and disguise swings mid group combat. The script performs better than most players, and it causes an arms race between groups. You either use a similar script or you're disadvantaged. I don't see the morphing changing or ahk getting put on the ban list.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The concerning thing is the increasing amount of people using ahk to spin and disguise swings mid group combat. The script performs better than most players, and it causes an arms race between groups. You either use a similar script or you're disadvantaged. I don't see the morphing changing or ahk getting put on the ban list.
Using auto hot key to fight should be bannable

Reactions: Bicorps and Kelzyr

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Bring it up to Henrik on stream if you want to see AHK playing the game for people not be a thing. Only way it'll change.

Reactions: Kelzyr

GoldenGecko

Mar 14, 2021

Is a good example of the macro spinning im talking about. It is impossible for SV to distinguish between high dpi and a macro spin, and the end result of the morphing gameplay will be most players using scripts and macros to do this.

Using auto hot key to fight should be bannable
Should donski be banned?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Is a good example of the macro spinning im talking about. It is impossible for SV to distinguish between high dpi and a macro spin, and the end result of the morphing gameplay will be most players using scripts and macros to do this.

Should donski be banned?
I have no idea what that is, but definitely yes

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
Fear not bro... this shit only works in duel situations and I'm talking about 1v1... no bandages, no using clade gifts, etc etc. This is usually in a situation where people want to flex their electronic dicks to see who's dick is bigger. At the end of the day... this game is designed for team fights and good luck pulling that shit off all the time in team fights.

Also to add this to... you can always try the jousting (figure 8 method) this is a mix of punishing your opponents misses and putting them in a position where you overload their point of view so you can get some quick attacks in. This is something that I've been doing lately and it's something that can also work in team fights as well. I wouldn't flip too much on worrying about animation hides.

Last edited: