Meduli - Redesign

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
* This same post but for Kranesh and Fabernum *

And all the khurite villages. Which use the same assets as all the other towns. Hell even jungle camp (associated with Anam Sith) uses the same books, coins, trinkets, wall tapestries etc.

c/p towns are fine for beta, but at release they should have at least the same amount of character as in MO1.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
After realizing most of the assets are flipped and are highly unedited, Hopefully these are all placeholders else once this hits release MMORPG reviewers are gonna rip MO2 a new hole.

These aren't placeholders unfortuantely. The argument given that they couldn't possibly make the game at on this scale if they had to hand craft assets. It doesn't matter to the average player tho; they're going to see or hear about this shit and write it off as a asset flip. The worst part being that's not even the biggest issue with the game, just the most visible and apparent. I hope the devs are ready to reap the whirlwind on open stress test and beyond.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
These aren't placeholders unfortuantely. The argument given that they couldn't possibly make the game at on this scale if they had to hand craft assets. It doesn't matter to the average player tho; they're going to see or hear about this shit and write it off as a asset flip. The worst part being that's not even the biggest issue with the game, just the most visible and apparent. I hope the devs are ready to reap the whirlwind on open stress test and beyond.
If that is indeed the arguement then what about all the already made assets from MO that could be used with small amount of work. There really was no need to buy any asset since all assets could be reused from MO. Thats 100% better than buying and flipping assets to show you made no effort making your game.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
* This same post but for Kranesh and Fabernum *

I actually really like Kranesh. If they do anything, expand the underground portion. Otherwise, just optimize it better. I don't care who made it. It's a cool town layout.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
If that is indeed the arguement then what about all the already made assets from MO that could be used with small amount of work. There really was no need to buy any asset since all assets could be reused from MO. Thats 100% better than buying and flipping assets to show you made no effort making your game.

Probably not as easy as simple porting them over and I'm sure there's some significant overhead required with it. All in all, it would probably end up being more expensive than simply buying a kit (since you have to pay one or more people to touch up all the textures and so on).

Basically MO2 is on a shoe string budget. The game is held together by chewing gum and thoughts and prayers. I definitely don't like the store bought assets, and it's definitely going to hurt the game in the long run.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz