Me and my friends like the game. But paying monthly fees is unrealistic.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
mortal 1 subs where something like $9 per 3 months if you "flew" to Russia and payed in rubles. I never did that but I knew ALOT of people that did.

Reactions: Tzone

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I'm not saying they shouldn't have regional pricing. I'm saying there are reasons why they'd choose NOT to have it.

Reactions: Kokolo and Dracu

RAGNARRR

Sep 13, 2021
I think developers should consider this question. First, mandatory monthly fees are rare. In addition to buying the game, having to pay every month to play will definitely impact the player base. I will buy and pay for a few months, but once I stop playing, I would hardly pay again. Just look at the hands that have been on the market the longest and are full of players. None of them require monthly payment in 2021. I really hope the game grows. I followed Mortal 1, I love 1 and 2. but I follow the forums in my country. And I know that not only here, but throughout Latin America, if there is no reasonable monthly fee, you will lose hundreds of thousands of potential players.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Hundreds of thousands of potential players? for this niche of a game? That's a bit of a exaggeration.
Don't think SV have what it takes to run a game for that amount of people anyway, not now and not for a foreseeable future. They haven't planned on it and they don't expect that many people. I think they're hoping for AT LEAST 5000 active subscriptions.

If they have a way of getting the best of regional pricing without beating themselves in the face doing so they should definitely look into it.

Not sure if a "plex" kind of service would work rather good in MO2; being that you can buy in game subs for in game currency from other players. Don't think it would be good for the game's economy. But I havent looked into how this affected the economy in games like E.V.E and World of Warcraft.

RAGNARRR

Sep 13, 2021
I really may have exaggerated. Maybe tens of thousands. But the players here are very fond of this kind of punishing game, difficult. Just note that we have one of the largest ARK communities in the world and recently the numbers in New World were impressive as well. I see a lot of potential in MO2, I was saddened by the low adherence to the stresstest. Surely the monthly fee policy has a bearing on this. Sorry for my bad English. :)

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Easy to exploit? Nah you guys always jump the exploit train way to quickly. Even if ... it would not be the majority if its a bannable offense. And to check that stuff really shouldnt be hard at all. They got lists with the order data and where those accounts originate in no way they cant track that stuff. This is not 1990 anymore. I rather would have a small amount of ppl that abuse a system rather then locking whole countries out of the game as potential customers/players.

Edit:
I mean common its 2021 you want to tell me that by now nobody figured out how to do regional pricing without it getting abused by literally everyone? Good joke nah... if they cant do it themselves they can partner up with a company that can do it.
Pretty everyone paid Russian subs in mo 1 when steam subbing was a thing

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The argument of "I cant afford it so it needs to change" isnt an argument.
This exactly.

i mean Brazil is still a somewhat wealthy country. There are countries in much much worse financial situations. Should we change the sub for them too? What about india where the minimum wage is 70$ month? And india isnt even the poorest.

and then how do you stop people from using vpn or getting one of their buddies in india to pay for it.

The whole premisses is ridiculous. the sub fee is set in Euros. Figure it out.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
This exactly.

i mean Brazil is still a somewhat wealthy country. There are countries in much much worse financial situations. Should we change the sub for them too? What about india where the minimum wage is 70$ month? And india isnt even the poorest.

and then how do you stop people from using vpn or getting one of their buddies in india to pay for it.

Gaming in low income, developing countries is a middle class to wealthy activity. A person in India making the median wage isn’t going to be interested in this game regardless. Many wouldn’t have the prerequisites to even run the game. A rich person in India isn’t going to be bothered by the sub fee.

A person in a middle income developing country making a median income, like Brazil and most of Latin America and Eastern Europe, might play this game but the sub is a massive disincentive. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Reactions: agui

RAGNARRR

Sep 13, 2021
Exactly. You can be sure that if you don't regionalize this monthly fee, 1/3 of the globe will be out. Maybe even more so. I will buy for sure, but in the local forums 99% won't pay. See that I'm just trying to bring this amazing game to reality over half the globe.

Reactions: agui

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If you cant pay 15$ a month then you are not the demographic that this game caters to.
Just like the millions of kids in the states and europe that would like to play but their parents wont pay for it. They are also many in numbers, and not the demographic this games wants.

get a clue.

Biaxil

Aug 28, 2021
Me and my friends like the game. But paying monthly fees is unrealistic. In some countries even values as small as 15 dollars are heavy. In direct conversion in Brazil, for example, it is approximately 100 dollars.
You couldn't be more wrong. It's the best model for an mmorpg. A sub guaranteeing that there will be no cash shop is the best. This way it's fair to everyone and no pay to win. Cash shops are cancer.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This exactly.

The sub fee is in USD

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Me and my friends like the game. But paying monthly fees is unrealistic. In some countries even values as small as 15 dollars are heavy. In direct conversion in Brazil, for example, it is approximately 100 dollars.
Would you rather pay double the amount in regular microtransactions instead?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I read somewhere a while back that in mmorpgs with micro-transactions people actually end up paying exponentially more by choice, not arbitrarily. The entire cash shop is designed in such a way that it encourages them to spend much more than they would in a traditional monthly sub model. It has to do that because otherwise it wouldn't make enough money to keep the company afloat and sustain its development and maintenance costs.

That is why many mainstream mmorpgs adopted the micro-transactions model, because they made far more in profit than they would otherwise. Sure, it might mean that more people would spend more and make the dev company incredibly rich, but it's also incredibly predatory and some might even consider it borderline unethical.

If anything, a cash shop model in MO2 may actually hurt those who find it hard to pay for the monthly sub as I described earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokolo

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I read somewhere a while back that in mmorpgs with micro-transactions people actually end up paying exponentially more by choice, not arbitrarily. The entire cash shop is designed in such a way that it encourages them to spend much more than they would in a traditional monthly sub model. It has to do that because otherwise it wouldn't make enough money to keep the company afloat and sustain its development and maintenance costs.

That is why many mainstream mmorpgs adopted the micro-transactions model, because they made far more in profit than they would otherwise. Sure, it might mean that more people would spend more and make the dev company incredibly rich, but it's also incredibly predatory and some might even consider it borderline

That is precisely why micro transactions are the preferred business model these days. Also a complete cancer for games AND gamers.

like others have already stated. The whole “i cant afford it, so you should make it affordable for me” argument is complete idiocracy. Thats not how capitalism works.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
People like that should be banned.
Or, don't put yourself in a position where people can pay less for the same product?

If its only VPN to pay less that is illegal I could still buy for whatever cost I want since when im working im at some point in any of 30-50 different countries depending on our destination. Or is that banned as well? Then anyone paying a cent less than anyone else needs to prove they are born, raised, educated and working in said country with cheaper subs through documentation.

Btw I know this one guy from Venezuela that can get ya'll all the papers you need.... Just saaaaying.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Or, don't put yourself in a position where people can pay less for the same product?

If its only VPN to pay less that is illegal I could still buy for whatever cost I want since when im working im at some point in any of 30-50 different countries depending on our destination. Or is that banned as well? Then anyone paying a cent less than anyone else needs to prove they are born, raised, educated and working in said country with cheaper subs through documentation.

Btw I know this one guy from Venezuela that can get ya'll all the papers you need.... Just saaaaying.
Knowing how both Steam and Starvault moderation works, using loopholes whether the justification is valid or not, usually constitutes a ban/reprimand. It's about the intent, not the letter of the law.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Knowing how both Steam and Starvault moderation works, using loopholes whether the justification is valid or not, usually constitutes a ban/reprimand. It's about the intent, not the letter of the law.
The restrictions on steam are very particular, it usually locks your games to the region as well. This is because if you buy the game when you are actually there you are supposed to be able to play it just fine. But once you leave you are shit out of luck.

You think SV wants to not only reduce the money that people pay for their subs, but have another 70%~ eaten up by payment providers to half assedly fight something that shouldn't be a problem in the first place?