MC: New primary or secondary skill

BlockyNewt

Apr 8, 2022
As I love MC with lance it just feels too much like you're gimping yourself by running it in the current state of the game. Your horse will be dead long before you get even close to you're enemy in most cases.

Could we see a new primary or secondary skill added under MC or Mounted Charge which will add or unlock....
  1. Add more speed and use less stamina while running in 4th gear on horse.
  2. Unlock a 5th gear which will be faster than 4th gear.
I feel like any of those would change MC on the battlefield drastically. It would provide a challenge for MA and MM instead of an MA shooting 5-6 arrows in under 14 or so seconds or an MM casting Fulmination and a couple flamestrikes and wiping your horse out completely before coming 10 feet between any of them. It will allow MA or MM to damage you or your horse, but will also allow you as an MC to catch up and get a full speed charge hit on them before having loop back around for another full speed charge hit.

Maybe it's a bad idea, maybe it's not, maybe it's stupid? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
As I love MC with lance it just feels too much like you're gimping yourself by running it in the current state of the game. Your horse will be dead long before you get even close to you're enemy in most cases.

Could we see a new primary or secondary skill added under MC or Mounted Charge which will add or unlock....
  1. Add more speed and use less stamina while running in 4th gear on horse.
  2. Unlock a 5th gear which will be faster than 4th gear.
I feel like any of those would change MC on the battlefield drastically. It would provide a challenge for MA and MM instead of an MA shooting 5-6 arrows in under 14 or so seconds or an MM casting Fulmination and a couple flamestrikes and wiping your horse out completely before coming 10 feet between any of them. It will allow MA or MM to damage you or your horse, but will also allow you as an MC to catch up and get a full speed charge hit on them before having loop back around for another full speed charge hit.

Maybe it's a bad idea, maybe it's not, maybe it's stupid? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts!

I think if they just buff horses HP to at least double what it is, that would fix a lot of issues.
Armoured Horses are twice the size of a humanoid but have such low HP

Last edited:

Drone123

Apr 9, 2022
wouldn't buffing of horses make mounted archery/magery too powerful? they are already pretty beastmode able to kite in and out of the fight popping big damage, the only way to stop them is to slay the horse.

im mainly thinking of mounted mages, they can run away fast and then drop 50+hp heals on their horse and come back, imagine if that horse has 500 hp instead, theres almost no chance of demounting the mage then, he will always get away and be able to heal up and come back over and over

i do however agree fully that mounted melee needs a massive rework, its a meme build at this point

Rhias

May 28, 2020
IMHO "Mounted Charge" should be an actual charge that is faster than normal riding. This way MC's could catch up to MA's.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
MC doesn't seem to have a role in game if every melee has a longbow.
Maybe add a new type of horse armor restricted for full MC builds with higher pierce resist?
The extra 5th gear/charge for MC would be cool as well.

I think buffing horses across the board is a bad idea.
This horse has been beaten to death (lol) but.. MA being able to shoot at full speed is shitty.
Drop them down to 1st/2nd gear in order to pull the bow would make sense IMO.

Reactions: BlockyNewt

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
MC doesn't seem to have a role in game if every melee has a longbow.
Maybe add a new type of horse armor restricted for full MC builds with higher pierce resist?
The extra 5th gear/charge for MC would be cool as well.

I think buffing horses across the board is a bad idea.
This horse has been beaten to death (lol) but.. MA being able to shoot at full speed is shitty.
Drop them down to 1st/2nd gear in order to pull the bow would make sense IMO.
So much can be done to balance or polish it up, but instead I vote we embrace a convoluted flagging/bounty system so we feel even less likely to play, therefore not need any balance or coherent combat changes. MC problem solved!

D

Dracu

Decent idea tbh. Would be interested in seeing this tested. No idea how dmg and speed scales, not that it breaks the dmg calculation and results in 1-2 shot mauls again. But thats just SVs job.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
They dont need to make MC as secondary, they need to make it not shit. And make MA not broken. MC swings last I checked were complete ass, making lances the only viable mc weapon. And MA are too good.

MO1 MC was broken pretty much for its entire life. So I expect MC will eventually be broken here as well. And then it will deserve being a primary.