#makeTCMatter

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Man, you guys. haha. I gotta say Tek's post yesterday really hit me hard.

The thing about the game catering to bummies. It's true, though, or at least they don't wanna lose those people. I don't consider myself an elite gamer, but I have had my moments (basketball gamz!!) I even did some wild like wuuut level stuff in MO2 (IT WAS ON VID FOR AWHILE.) I don't feel like I have to be the best at stuff, but in the games I play, well, if you will indulge a video:

That's me since birth. I've always loved competing in any game. I will play and play if someone wants to play with me. I've won a lot, so I don't mind just getting my ass kicked if the game is interesting. Like omg I've gotten trashed so hard at ping pong by multiple people. But it's fun? Even just trying to win one point it's like that's fun. And yeah, I got to where I am pretty sure I can get hits on anyone in MO2, lol. Maybe not atm cuz I'm out of practice, but I could trick people, but not enough to win. I just wanted to show dudes I could hit them without being a parry whore.

Edit: one thing I will say about the BAD combat is, I always thought "Counter Reduce" was when the game knew you were gonna get tagged, so you couldn't feed a parry and then trade. Once I realized it was just a time of armor after you parry, it's like ??? because if you DODGE someone's counter and hit them while they are countering, there is NO REASON why you should get reduced damage. You should get MORE damage if anything because that's outplay.

I also love sandboxes because the big secret is if they work right 'societies/civilizations' are created. And they are interesting.

So, you take away deep crafting (I think alchemy is still there, but that's it,) like there is no breeding system, horses are still all the same stats, and there is no soph cooking, no other flavor systems... and you have combat as it is, it is kinda like "there is no hope." The game itself is dull. It LOOKS like old MO, but it's not. It's a different game.

I wanna see what happens 11/28, and I'm gonna sit on my free time for a sec. Cuz who knows! But yeah, I got no attachment.

Good look Tek haha. It was a right moment quote, but it def pierced me. I'll still be around to talk about the game, maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknique

wyqydsyq

Dec 17, 2021
Bumping because TC mechanics still completely suck ass, please improve this SV. For such a core system/mechanic of the game there is no excuse for it to be implemented so poorly.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Bumping because TC mechanics still completely suck ass, please improve this SV. For such a core system/mechanic of the game there is no excuse for it to be implemented so poorly.
I looked up Mortal Online 2 sieges and could barely find anything. Is politics/war even really a thing, more than just technically existing?

wyqydsyq

Dec 17, 2021
I looked up Mortal Online 2 sieges and could barely find anything. Is politics/war even really a thing, more than just technically existing?
Since they replaced the stupid supply tower defense bonus mechanic with regular siege windows/timers there has been a slight uptick in the amount of sieges happening. They just need to unfuck the TC system so players will be incentivized even more to siege each other to take over an area instead of just building inside the enemy village