Make secondarie(s) under Survival skill to craft in the wilderness

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
If it was just as easy to buy it off the broker as it is off a vendor npc then what would be the difference for the end user?

I am a strong believer that such roles should be left for players to fill in a game like this.

High in demand items are exactly what the economy needs. Why waste that opportunity by having an npc fill it?
Because an NPC is always there, in every town.
I would hate to have to travel across the world to Tind or wherever just to buy bandages or arrows. Even if SV greatly expands bank storage and broker capacity.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Because an NPC is always there, in every town.
I would hate to have to travel across the world to Tind or wherever just to buy bandages or arrows. Even if SV greatly expands bank storage and broker capacity.

I do get what you are saying. However the same could be said about any item in the game. It is intended that we rely on other players not NPC's.

As far as the broker... I hope SV has plans to make major changes on it this time around.

It made little sense to tie the hands of merchants the way they did. Maybe it was data base related? I don't really know. But it was counter productive to having a thriving economy with items readily available to players.

The organization of it all was a complete mess as well. I honestly hope the broker system is something they are completely rebuilding from the ground up.

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I do get what you are saying. However the same could be said about any item in the game. It is intended that we rely on other players not NPC's.

As far as the broker... I hope SV has plans to make major changes on it this time around.

It made little sense to tie the hands of merchants the way they did. Maybe it was data base related? I don't really know. But it was counter productive to having a thriving economy with items readily available to players.

The organization of it all was a complete mess as well. I honestly hope the broker system is something they are completely rebuilding from the ground up.
We need items like weapons and armor far less frequently, even so, it was a severe hassle to have to depend on other players for these items (often requiring one to travel to another city, or wait for another day, and the best stuff was NEVER on the broker,) to the point that many people just made their own crafters.
This is a sort of side point, but I don't really see what changes they could ever make that will have people crafting and selling good high tier weapons and armors at any sort of steady rate, a few will, but I think not enough.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
We need items like weapons and armor far less frequently, even so, it was a severe hassle to have to depend on other players for these items (often requiring one to travel to another city, or wait for another day, and the best stuff was NEVER on the broker,) to the point that many people just made their own crafters.
This is a sort of side point, but I don't really see what changes they could ever make that will have people crafting and selling good high tier weapons and armors at any sort of steady rate, a few will, but I think not enough.

I dont want to get to deep into this because it is a bit off topic here.

But I do agree that it did not work in MO1. Things will have to change for sure.