Make it possible to hide the helmet

Azazell

Jan 18, 2023
In the settings, make it possible to hide the helmet of your character.
This will give the opportunity to show the customization of your character and add visual variety to the game.

Reactions: Slarti Bartfast

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This will give the opportunity to show the customization of your character and add visual variety to the game.
And how the hell will people know if you are wearing one? Or what material its made of?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Maybe in the paperdoll window, but outside of it I'm not sure if that's a good idea for a game where people would like to know what part of your opponent's body to aim for, based on what they can see them wearing.

Azazell

Jan 18, 2023
Maybe in the paperdoll window, but outside of it I'm not sure if that's a good idea for a game where people would like to know what part of your opponent's body to aim for, based on what they can see them wearing.
I don't think that this will be a big problem, but for those players who want to see helmets, you can make a separate setting nearby (show helmets anyway), or display helmets in battle mode.
Also, not all people play just for PvP.
Otherwise, it is not clear why then customization is needed at all (hairstyle / beard / tattoos, etc.)

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Uh take it off when you want to RP. Pretty simple.

Reactions: Rynnik and Midas

Azazell

Jan 18, 2023
Uh take it off when you want to RP. Pretty simple.
I don't mean RP. I'm talking about the visual similarity of the characters, most of which wear the same armor. Also, sometimes race and nation are not immediately clear.
It is not for nothing that in the future it is planned to add the profession of a hairdresser. I think it's only a matter of time and the only reason why there is no way to hide the helmet yet is the performance drop due to the display of hair and its physics.

Reactions: Jatix

Burni

Dec 24, 2021
I think it's only a matter of time and the only reason why there is no way to hide the helmet yet is the performance drop due to the display of hair and its physics.
That's pretty big assertion...

I would say that there will never be hide helmet option and the only reason is that it simply does not fit the game as the ability to identify things by looking is so important and idea that it would be togglable option if you see the helmet anyway is never going to happen either as they are very adamant that everything works same way to everyone...

Like others have said... if you want others to see your face then remove your helmet or if you want to see other peoples faces then ask them to remove theirs... having people fighting without helmet is a movie trope that has no place in game that tries to be as realistic as possible when it can.

Reactions: Rynnik

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
They (SV) probably also want naked pkers in town armed with two-handed sledgehammers to know who they can bash the unarmoured head in from behind with a well-placed blow that takes out over half their health and two more to finish them off before the guards whack the pker.

This just wouldn't be possible if helmets could be hidden while worn.

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
They (SV) probably also want naked pkers in town armed with two-handed sledgehammers to know who they can bash the unarmoured head in from behind with a well-placed blow that takes out over half their health and two more to finish them off before the guards whack the pker.

This just wouldn't be possible if helmets could be hidden while worn.
Oof someone hurt you

Azazell

Jan 18, 2023
That's pretty big assertion...

I would say that there will never be hide helmet option and the only reason is that it simply does not fit the game as the ability to identify things by looking is so important and idea that it would be togglable option if you see the helmet anyway is never going to happen either as they are very adamant that everything works same way to everyone...

Like others have said... if you want others to see your face then remove your helmet or if you want to see other peoples faces then ask them to remove theirs... having people fighting without helmet is a movie trope that has no place in game that tries to be as realistic as possible when it can.
I do not suggest that players fight without a helmet and this is not about that at all.
And is it realistic to constantly wear plate armor and a helmet (in which nothing is visible)?

A significant reduction in vision in helmets can force players to remove them outside of combat. But I don't think everyone will like this kind of realism.
There are other ways to see players without helmets. And I think one of them will be implemented one way or another. I already suggested my way.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
My general observation on this topic in a light-hearted way: The only toggleable option SV will probably ever do is full nudity.

So, something that many mainstream games will do (toggeable helmets), SV makes their game in such a way that many of its core players won't want it.

While something that many mainstream games won't do (full nudity), SV makes it so that a number of players will want it... for 'imaginative' reasons. I won't go into the things I've seen players do with it in-game.

You're looking at a game that is both violent and gory, and just one step away from also being a virtual online *ahem* game.

When players want to see each other's character faces, they want it to be as... 'uncovered' as possible. Only in this case, it isn't for the virtual online thing.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I get the point in the OP wanting hide helmets, but sadly for pvp it throws things off. This game tries to be realistic (its not realistic at all lmao), I do appreciate that you can see what someone is wearing material wise, and I like that when someone isnt wearing a armor part, it matters. So hide helmets jsut doesnt go well with how the game was made.

But I will agree that it bugs me when I put thought into how my character looks, race, tatoos, hair, but then its all covered 99% of the time by gear. I just feel like thats a consequence of how the game works and doesnt have a lot of room to be fixed.
The only toggleable option SV will probably ever do is full nudity.
What I want is soul bound rags. While I have nudity off I'm still nude to everyone else lol.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Only if they are holding it haha. Keep it 100. And it would only work in town. I can take off my helm tho if I'm chilling. I'm not advocating for playing MO without a helmet, but it def should show if you have it on. There should be an at ease tho, take off your helm and unbutton your plate.

Jatix! Nude brothers! lol cept I don't roll doods. But yeah, just the sheer amount of penis and vag in MO is overwhelming. So, I got it off. I would like to be able to dress my chars. It would be nice to have soul bound 'clothes' that were on the same level as rags but gave your char a pseudo-unique appearance.

Reminds me of Cruel/Thievery... he's like I NEVER SEE YOU, it's like yeah, well, but every time we meet YOU NAKED BUD. :eek: GET DRESSED.

Edit: doesn't it? @ increase regen. You mean especially? Hmm. Interesting.

Last edited: