Magic

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
change these-
1) landing a spell and missing a spell shows the same animation. I shouldn't have to look at the combat log to see if I hit someone with a spell.
2) The delay after preping a spell is huge.
4) The delay after casting a spell is huge
3) You cant cast while running in combat mode

4) fulm and fireball use a near identical preping color and I honestly cant tell which one im preping.
5) selfcasting is bugged or just not working. Give back my Q.
6) spellbook is not showing the correct damage numbers for spells.
7) The spells in the spellbook are arranged in a nonsensical way. Make it skill range from lowest to highest.
8) some times my charater takes another step after I stop pressing W and my prep stops. I understand i need to not be moving but If im not pressing a moment key i should be ok to start preping something.
9) I shouldnt have to be looking at someone 24/7 for their target hp window to be up. Have it linger like it did before.
10) I really miss the colors of the icons of the old spellbook
11) It would be really nice this time around if graybar would show on the target hp window so im not healing someones graybar like a fool.
12) mana is bugged at 100

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Q: charge the last spell you used / cast it on the enemy
E: charge the last spell you used / cast it on yourself

if its not like this delete the Input.ini AND make sure E and Q are not binded ingame: C:/users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/mortalonline2/saved/config/windowsnoeditor/Input.ini

its possible that the AppData folder is hidden by default.

DISCLAIMER: its not allowed to EDIT the .ini files

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
the not needed white glow around the crosshair when you lock on a target makes it hard to see the character model/hitboxes.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
And you are not supposed to. Unless you mean release and not cast.

It's really just the keybinding system being bad, default key bindings being and them changing around keybindings in between patches being bad.
You basically have to unbind everything yourself by just assigning the same key and then assign whatever you want wherever you want.

Well, they do, the base values. And I'm not even sure I want them to show individual damage for your specific setup.

8) some times my charater takes another step after I stop pressing W and my prep stops. I understand i need to not be moving but If im not pressing a moment key i should be ok to start preping something.
Well, that is how dynamic smoothed movement works. It's something you'll have to adapt to.

9) I shouldnt have to be looking at someone 24/7 for their target hp window to be up. Have it linger like it did before.
I guess that goes along what I have been asking for. The old targeting mode where you had to press tab to bring the reticule up and target someone. They would stay in the target until they got too far away or you targeted something else and not for some other reason like moving the center of the screen over another Actor even though you don't want to target them.

Well, yeah, white is a bit bland.

11) It would be really nice this time around if graybar would show on the target hp window so im not healing someones graybar like a fool.
To be honest I prefer it that way. It's an information and communications thing. And don't just heal randomly.

Well, the display of it is bugged. it shows mana numbers and bars maxing out at 100 even though you can go over it.

The spell casting effects are also not positioned right inside your hands. Probably clade/race dependent because of model proportions.
And when you're in mouse-mode selt-target doesn't work, at least on alt.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
FreeHorses said:

To be honest I prefer it that way. It's an information and communications thing. And don't just heal randomly.
im not healing people randomly. When people have a chunk of their hp missing i like to top them off before they go back to fight. In big fights you cant really say you have graybar so im really just waisting mats healing someone that cant be healed even tho the game is communicating to me they should be able to.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
im not healing people randomly. When people have a chunk of their hp missing i like to top them off before they go back to fight. In big fights you cant really say you have graybar so im really just waisting mats healing someone that cant be healed even tho the game is communicating to me they should be able to.
Just would like to comment that freehorses is a very good mage mechanically with his aim.

To suggest he’s just healing randomly is silly.

This goes for a lot of people who want to say use more precision here and here. It’s silly when you’re talking to some of the most precise people in the game.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Just would like to comment that freehorses is a very good mage mechanically with his aim.

To suggest he’s just healing randomly is silly.

This goes for a lot of people who want to say use more precision here and here. It’s silly when you’re talking to some of the most precise people in the game.
To be fair, yes you can communicate that and it's part of managing overall status. I'm not saying who's a bad mage or who is not, but if you are healing someone that can't be healed then you acted on too little information.
Another part of battle preparation is to not even get into that situation.

Not

Mar 2, 2021
change these-
1) landing a spell and missing a spell shows the same animation. I shouldn't have to look at the combat log to see if I hit someone with a spell.
4) fulm and fireball use a near identical preping color and I honestly cant tell which one im preping.
7) The spells in the spellbook are arranged in a nonsensical way. Make it skill range from lowest to highest.
13) all spells you cast can be easily disrupted by any player with a bow from farther than the spell range.

Not

Mar 2, 2021
change these-

14) make spells fun to play, camouflage, teleport, summon wall, glide, super jump, levitate, fly, walk over watter, blink, levitate object at great distance, summon lighting storm, summon fog, magic push into the air... and more.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
14) make spells fun to play, camouflage, teleport, summon wall, glide, super jump, levitate, fly, walk over watter, blink, levitate object at great distance, summon lighting storm, summon fog, magic push into the air... and more.
just play wow

Reactions: bbihah and a.out

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Also what’s up with losing mana when you miss a spell? Is this working as intended? This has to get fixed ASAP. It’s bad enough that you have to stand still and recast, losing mana for missed spells is a bit much.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
Also what’s up with losing mana when you miss a spell? Is this working as intended? This has to get fixed ASAP. It’s bad enough that you have to stand still and recast, losing mana for missed spells is a bit much.
you lose the mats and mana because you miss the spell.
You cant get back what you toss out.
Its the same with the stam you use to pull back a bow and the arrow you lost by firing it.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Its the same with the stam you use to pull back a bow and the arrow you lost by firing it.
I'm not saying they should change it, but I think it "feels" funny because if you make an errant swing or shoot off an arrow, there's a projectile or tracer that exists in the world that can hit something, with a fizzled hitscan spell nothing actually exists in the world, no fireball goes zooming thru the air or anything at all.

FreeHorses

Jul 2, 2020
I'm not saying they should change it, but I think it "feels" funny because if you make an errant swing or shoot off an arrow, there's a projectile or tracer that exists in the world that can hit something, with a fizzled hitscan spell nothing actually exists in the world, no fireball goes zooming thru the air or anything at all.
spells used to shoot out into the air and hit nothing but they changed it in mo2.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
spells used to shoot out into the air and hit nothing but they changed it in mo2.
Personally I don't recall any ecumenical spells doing that, but if you say so. They should do that tho imo. This might be another one of the projectile vs hitscan preference arguments in this regard.

I still firmly stand in preference to abandoning this old idea/defence of ecumenical being a hitscan only school. And would support short range hitscan rays and long range projectiles in the school itself. I think it would only add to the gameplay

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021

1) you don't have to stand still to draw a bow.
2) the short bows take absolutely no stamina, they draw super quick (spell casting takes over 2 seconds), and you can hold a bow drawn as long as you want, while a spell you have 20 seconds before it expires.
3) you can wear heavy armor as an archer.
4) arrows do the same damage at 2 feet or 100 feet, spells not only have a an aim requirement but also a distance requirement so if you misjudge the distance a tiny bit you will miss. the most frustrating part of this is that there is no way to know if you are close enough. nothing in the UI tells you if your spell is going to land. you kind of just have to hope you are close enough.
5) incoming damage doesn't cancel drawing a bow (as far as i cant tell) so you can just keep firing away even under pressure unlike a mage that has to avoid all damage while he casts.

all i'm saying is that we are not comparing apples to apples here. missing in itself is bad enough as a mage. you've already spent 4 or 5 seconds charging, aiming and getting into range. if you miss you have to stand still, charge, aim and be in range all over again. by then almost 10 seconds have past and you've done jack shit.....adding mana/mats loss to the equation seems a bit extreme.

Last edited: