Mage Nerfs

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Lol so your proof that mages are prohibited at tournaments is that they are not mentioned as prohibited.

Infact, one tourney states all healing must stop after 5min (hint hint)

Now that I see your replies, I'd rather be a "no name" than a name with no credit.

I'm still waiting on your OP mountain terrain diving 1 vs 1 stomping fatmage youtube/video.

• Haha
Reactions: AssassinOTL

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Lol so your proof that mages are prohibited at tournaments is that they are not mentioned as prohibited.

Infact, one tourney states all healing must stop after 5min (hint hint)

Now that I see your replies, I'd rather be a "no name" than a name with no credit.

I'm still waiting on your OP mountain terrain diving 1 vs 1 stomping fatmage youtube/video.

You'll just have to take me at my word. Or you can just ask @Chantree

Piet

May 28, 2020
Although I know Freehorses knows more than I do, I don't agree that it is a buff. It isn't necessarily a one sided debuff, is all.

I'm upset by the update. Every update for some reason attacks mages. Mages aren't as OP as some folks here like to scream and shout.

I'm tired of arguing this. Clearly the foot fighters have the Devs' ears. Every time there is an argument like this, the forum community is divided in opinion, but still every time the anti-mages win with the updates.

(when I'm talking about mages I refer to fat mages/wheelchair mages. Dex mages just keep on becoming the only viable mage. Just remove intelligence buff from being fat already, that's clearly what they don't like.)
Although I agree mages are fine there was just a mage buff. A huge one. They are just tweaking mages a bit is all.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Also who cares if a support class is allowed in a tournament. It's a support class.

Reactions: SirVirtuo

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Although I agree mages are fine there was just a mage buff. A huge one. They are just tweaking mages a bit is all.
Oh do tell what buff was that? this thread was about Mage Nerfs because they went about nerfing Tribrid the wrong way

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Oh do tell what buff was that? this thread was about Mage Nerfs because they went about nerfing Tribrid the wrong way
Do the community a favor and craw back to what ever hole you came out of. Thanks.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Do the community a favor and craw back to what ever hole you came out of. Thanks.
Oh did you just get done scrubbing that 13 minute video in the dark trying to make your false point just to say that? didnt answer my last question, but yeah try to pop some shots off you're not credible at all and have never done any favors for this community other than negative review bombing on all your alt accounts

Piet

May 28, 2020
The buff to concentration and fireball, lightning, and spirit lazer and armor mana regen? It wasn't that long ago. I was talking to him saying every patch has nerfed mages and that's simply not the case.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
The buff to concentration and fireball, lightning, and spirit lazer and armor mana regen? It wasn't that long ago. I was talking to him saying every patch has nerfed mages and that's simply not the case.
ah yeah that one, well they undid all that and made it even more unbalanced in this patch it's like they give 5 dollars and withdrew 100 kinda undid the balance, even the ones who said "oh look at the Fireball turrets missed all their spells in their videos they posted, it wasn't strong, it was fine like you said. now it's back to feeling bad on mount, and there are a lot of bugs on mount weather you're fat or dex

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Oh did you just get done scrubbing that 13 minute video in the dark trying to make your false point just to say that? didnt answer my last question, but yeah try to pop some shots off you're not credible at all and have never done any favors for this community other than negative review bombing on all your alt accounts

You are a sad fucking individual. Stop huffing over being bad at mage.

The bugs? Cool. We agree, they should be fixed. Mage OP? Yes.

I didn't say they needed more nerfs though, with the addition of water combat and the mounted magery changes I'm fine with where they are.

Fat mages are still cancer, as well as pets but it is what it is - they excel where my characters cant.

Reactions: Tzone

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
Never Huffed or puffed about being bad so no point made there

Stop huffin and Puffing about being bad at melee

I wasn't LOL. Literally have fought with just another fighter against two mages with two pets just fine. You're just actually fucking shit at the game all around crying about something you're ignorant of. Stop making stupid shit threads where all you do is argue with people and make no solid points.

Stop larping on the forums like some hard ass wannabe.

WolfAchilles

Jan 4, 2021
If you think foot fighters have the ears of the devs, you're diagnosably stupid. If you think fat mages were weak, you are clueless. If you think fat mages are weak now, you're still clueless. Fat mages aren't in tournaments because tournaments artificially impose a small combat area and usually don't allow people on horseback. The argument that if they were a strong class they'd be in dueling tournaments is a complete strawman. Magic is stronger than archery by a mile.
Foot mages are almost always alvarin, and if your complaint is that you're getting killed by fighters on an alvarin, if it's not another alvarin killing you, the problem is your gameplay, not the class. If you're getting killed by foot on a mounted mage, that's an even worse indictment of your skill.
MA is really supposed to counter MM. MO1 was a rock paper scissors in mounted. MC beats MA, MA beats MM, MM Beats MC. All of which worked around the dismount mechanic: The biggest element of counterplay regarding mounted. That literally isn't even in the game yet, and that in itself is a massive buff to all mounted. Simultaneously it's a nerf to MC and MM because both of those classes had the capability to dismount and now neither does. In that regard, yes, I concede, MA does have an advantage.
Fighters 1v1 by beating the crap out of each other till one is dead. A mage evades you until your stammed, hits you with a spell, and keeps kiting you. If you ever mess up, you even have a speed buff to get out of harm's way. You heal faster, move faster, and have the capability to both deal damage from a distance, abuse terrain, and prevent enemies from healing.
Trying to talk to Assassin about this is pointless, as he was proven wrong on the subject of mage mobility and just kept lying out his ass about it crying that mages are weak. As usual, he makes absolutely outrageous demands. For those 100 skill points in MM, he asks for normal foot cast times on mount. That one sentence should be enough to illustrate how poorly he can comprehend balance and how combat flows.
The valid complain I have about mages is how weak they are in PvE. I'd like to see a spell exclusively for PvE so that mages can farm walkers and maybe even risars on their own. Could be a %max hp DOT or something like that. Mages inability to play solo is really sad and the main drawback to the class as a whole. I'd be happy to see that rectified. Complaining that mages are weak in pvp is a joke.

Reactions: Tzone

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
lol so much bullshit in this thread.

The conc nerf was harsh and I dont know why it was added. Feels pretty bad for pure mages imo.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

The conc nerf was harsh and I dont know why it was added. Feels pretty bad for pure mages imo.
As far as game balance is concerned the nerf should have been directed at people playing a Tribrid class, because the ability to heal your horse really ruins it for Foot fighters vs Mounted PvP match up and makes Mounteds Win every time. I do see tons and tons of people playing Tribrid. I don't however see very many people playing just MA or just MC or just MM. I see even less playing Foot Fighter or Dex Mage or Grounded Fat Mage or Tamer or Foot Archer lmao. This game turned into Mounted Online.

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
As far as game balance is concerned the nerf should have been directed at people playing a Tribrid class, because the ability to heal your horse really ruins it for Foot fighters vs Mounted PvP match up and makes Mounteds Win every time. I do see tons and tons of people playing Tribrid. I don't however see very many people playing just MA or just MC or just MM. I see even less playing Foot Fighter or Dex Mage or Grounded Fat Mage or Tamer or Foot Archer lmao. This game turned into Mounted Online.

Agreed, and as a player who likes foot and mounted pvp there are MAJOR issues balancing any of the skills right now for both mounted players and foot players.

As a mounted, I think fat mages just got a little too fucked this patch. The implementation of mounted magery is what ever but the conc makes it so they are pretty much fucked against an MA again. I'd rather see them reduce the healing on their mount while riding it or something. I did really like the ability to heal my mount while riding it but if they are so against tweaking the oghmir defensive clades (which i think is the core of the issues with ogh fat mages) then Id rather them just remove the ability to heal your mount or nerf it significantly.

For foot fighters on of the major issues with the mounted vs foot fighting right now is the ability to dismount.
1. EQ doesnt dismount (Even if I could EQ I dont have black opals to cast the fucking spell)
2. The DMG formula for dismounting by hitting horses isnt in the game

If these things were in the game, I think you would see more ppl playing foot fighters as the fight would be managable.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021

Yeah i completely agree dropping it to 30% is way to harsh, that's not even anything to do with the Tribrid because they have the other 2 classes to pull from that's a direct nerf to mages and was completely unneeded because Mages burn through mana quicker than the other classes burn through the slow burn on Stamina and stam regens way faster than Mana does so it's not balanced at it's current stage.

Reactions: Najwalaylah