MACROS:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I read the licensing agreement, and I'm glad you guys made it clear and concise. However, I have a question.

I'm going to PM someone of import about this as well, but if this gets a response, good. I am not going to log into the game until I get an answer and I will try to get one as quickly as possible.

I use macros. I don't use "SPIN MACROS," or whatever. But MO is a game that requires repetitive button pressing. I actually have taken the lifespan of my hands/nerves into account and, through my mouse, I am able to make macros.

Such macros would be, for example:

Gathering macro toggle hold R. I gather manually off the ground.

Attack Macro also r r r r r , but I change the attack button to r. Probably less useful now that dummies are nerfed.

Crafting macro I manually hover the mouse over the craft button and press it in so that it becomes usable with enter then start the macro which is: enter (wait) enter... , then at the end I manually drop loot, pick up the mats, put them back into the box and start the macro again the same way.

Weight loss macro: space, space, space, space, space, space... come back awhile later, sit down to regen grey and then go afk again.

Are these sort of macros supported or not? I need to know before I start playing because I use them a lot, especially gathering macro and, right now, crafting.

Reactions: Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Nothing was clear about the use of macros, they were very vauge about the wording and it meshed with past policy which allows macros.

First off no one is using spin macros, that is something bad players made up to cope. They are not talking about spin macros which will logically make you perform worse as

SV in the past has said that all macros are ok except for image detection. I the way I figure is that those are still approved as the eula was about not ok'd macros.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
First off no one is using spin macros, that is something bad players made up to cope.

This is not true, I've actually fought against someone using a spin macro in miscreants (like I said it was funny cuz I caught him w/ parries by luck tho, both sides.) I've seen people doing just raw 'quickspin' macro and been like lol wat and they said, "It's a macro." If you mean nobody good then yea maybe so, but it's def in the game.

Edit: and if you ask me how I didn't get away, it's because it was a non spec char w/ armor encumbrance. But I parried him on every hit then he started busting out the macro. It was just obvious, the change in speed and how telegraphed it was.

My macros were OK before, I know this. I know they even had walk back and forth macros thru that prog, or spurt macros w/ rest (but I could do it on my mouse if I wanted to.) I am cool with not using any macros except for spam macros, but BLEEHH when I did crafting axes to 100 in x1 to see how long it took, by pressing it, my hand was DEAD by the end. It took me days to get over the lingering effects.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Just dont make pvp macros and nobody will care. Seriously, they will only look into it if someone rats you out……if they even look. The GMs in this game are so overloaded with pms its not even funny.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Just dont make pvp macros and nobody will care. Seriously, they will only look into it if someone rats you out……if they even look. The GMs in this game are so overloaded with pms its not even funny.

I am doxing myself because I want a clear answer.

Edit: EULA stated only macros supported by the in game system. So, yea you're right they wouldn't have caught me, but I wanna know legit if it's allowed now or not.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
bump need answers kids. I understand the server is burning, no need to panic gif... but this is also important.

tbh, I'm just gonna go back to using the macros I was using, and if you guys ban me, plz do it for a short time... thx. I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
The old MO1 rules seemed clear and sensible. Image detection, if...then statements, multiple actions - a big NO. Automating repetitive keypresses - go for it guys. I'm with the OP on this, it shouldn't be a big deal for SV to issue a statement on it, and then we can all sleep soundly with a clear conscience and a warm sense of righteousness.

Reactions: Najwalaylah