Login bug: crash to login page

Mindpoison

Mar 31, 2021
Hi crew, this bug seems to be different to those people have been describing and has prevented me from being able to log into the game at all so far over 3 days of intermittent trying.

Situation. Windows 8.1, using Steam DirectX11 option.

Get to login - if lucky get to character screen and i've previously already created a character - Click enter Haven > get excited as game is loading > gets to the "Get Ready" message and then black screen, and back to login page. And my character is apparently in game and i have to wait 2 minutes or so for it to exit.

Currently I've seen the inside of game once, for a total of about 3 seconds and then the same thing happened. Most times the crash occurs at the "Get Ready" text message.

Can't get into game to report this bug so raising it here in case others are also experiencing it.

Mindpoison

Mar 31, 2021
Just adding to this, I am in Australia, using NBN (fast internet - for Australia at least). I wouldn't think my geography would affect ability to login but it's possible i may have missed some important post that says "only available to US logins" or something. Can any of my Aussie buddies confirm they're in game?

Khy

Mar 30, 2021
A similar issue happened to me a total of two times. I defeated the Login Boss and then clicked "Enter Nave". The loading screen appeared, but after an unusual long loading time I got straight back tot he Login Screen. 😤

I’m using Windows 10 and DirectX 11. Logging from central Europe.

Mindpoison

Mar 31, 2021
I have also tried - lowering all the graphic options to absolute minimum and turning off every conceivable extra option - voice chat etc. Still no difference. I know other people are in game as I've seen the videos but for me I've essentially downloaded a 70+ gig screen saver.

Mindpoison

Mar 31, 2021
Experimenting now with changing from full screen to windowed etc. and also unplugging my second monitor. Noticed that running game makes my other monitor blank and grey so it may be a hardware driver issue with curved monitors, or dual monitors. Who knows but hopefully gets a patch at some point for those in similar situation.

Mindpoison

Mar 31, 2021
I have also tried - lowering all the graphic options to absolute minimum and turning off every conceivable extra option - voice chat etc. Still no difference. I know other people are in game as I've seen the videos but for me I've essentially downloaded a 70+ gig screen saver.

OK, apart from changing video drivers or monitors or OS I'm all out of ideas. This game just doesn't work on my machine and it's a machine that has no issues running things like Detroit Become Human (a very fussy game), ESO etc.

If anyone knows of any INI edits or cache delete style solutions I'd be all ears otherwise I'll just have to skip this round of testing and wait for the devs to fix the issue.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
not sure about this particular problem, but Iogging in has been a total headache ever since the stress test started.
before I had absolutely no problems. Now it mostly just tells me to try again later.

I managed to log in once. Game had me back in Haven so I went to the meduli portal. Game logged me out and haven’t been able to log back in yet....

A lot of fuckery going on right now with this stress test.

JGByrne

Feb 8, 2021
OK, apart from changing video drivers or monitors or OS I'm all out of ideas. This game just doesn't work on my machine and it's a machine that has no issues running things like Detroit Become Human (a very fussy game), ESO etc.

If anyone knows of any INI edits or cache delete style solutions I'd be all ears otherwise I'll just have to skip this round of testing and wait for the devs to fix the issue.

I doubt this will fix your issue, but I had a similar problem when I got my new rig. After I installed the drivers here, it installed some drivers for my audio and microphone. Would help make it clearer and all of that and then it applies those effects as a background task in windows, so I thought why not. Well, Mortal REALLY doesn't like that and my game would crash either in the menu screen or while logging in.
I uninstalled those drivers and MO2 runs completely smoothly after that. This is unlikely to help you since I know you're not crashing, but since not many people are posting here, just throwing my two cents and hoping that it might help. Good luck!

Mindpoison

Mar 31, 2021
Turns out it was my firewall and anti-virus (Avast Premium). I added a rule and allowed the mortal online 2 exe full reign but this still wasn't enough. If anyone knows of any other things i need to add exceptions for that would be awesome!