Leveling Pets - 27 hours so it dies and can't be ressed?

LegO

Jan 16, 2022
Right now you can't get acelerated XP with your Pets on training Dummy.
You get an average of 101xp every 9 ~ 10 seconds, and each level is 10k XP.
So we're looking to 27.5 hours of leveling from Lvl 25 to Lvl 125.

Isn't that too much? Especially since it's not that hard to kill a Pet and it also can't be ressed.

Reactions: DeCee

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Pet levelling is waaaaaaaaaaay the hell down on the to fix list my friend. Lets just be thankful that they do level right now.

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
taming has to be an insane investment, time & skill wise, otherwise it'd be horribly broken. if you put in the effort and level up any bear, you are pretty much guaranteed to win any 1v1 engagement, can 1vX even better with other animals like a terror bird, especially if you are healing it.

LegO

Jan 16, 2022
Pet levelling is waaaaaaaaaaay the hell down on the to fix list my friend. Lets just be thankful that they do level right now.
Well, that was changed on the launch and it's not on the patch notes. Not clear if that's working as intended or if it's a bug.

The fact that we have a big queue issue that's already being taken care doesn't mean we can't talk about anything else.

Or if we can't talk about anything else, they should just wipe the Forum and talk only about the queue issue then?

LegO

Jan 16, 2022
taming has to be an insane investment, time & skill wise, otherwise it'd be horribly broken. if you put in the effort and level up any bear, you are pretty much guaranteed to win any 1v1 engagement, can 1vX even better with other animals like a terror bird, especially if you are healing it.

I agree with that.

However 27.5 hours ingame (it doens't raise while offline) raising it to get killed easily by 2 archer and without a chance to ress it seems to much compared to other playstiles.
Tbh, could be even more hours if there was the possibility to ressurect it (even if limited times) at least, but that's not the case.

My point is, after investing 27.5 hours if/when you lose the fight, you're done for the next 2 days until you train a new one back?

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
My point is, after investing 27.5 hours if/when you lose the fight, you're done for the next 2 days until you train a new one back?

if you have higher level taming you can tame high level pets off the bat, up to a point, so you don't always start from square 1. pets will definitely be more survivable once bear armor & other pet equips come along, so they dont get 2 shot by archers like you said. hopefully when that comes it will be enough consolation.

Taming is in a weird spot right now, although I think if you invest all the points and time into a tame playstyle, it will be very potent. when bear armor is released and if you are a tamer mage hybrid, I dont think even 3 archers will be enough to take down an armored bear if you have good heals for it. I could be wrong given its speculation obviously.

Reactions: LegO