lawless zone

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Im sure this will come on the same patch where we can finally reset our clades

Reactions: Tzone

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I have mixed feelings about this. I just dont think anyone is going to go in these zones, much like nobody goes to GK. Pvper will get bored of waiting in those empty zones and will be back on the guard zone eventually. Because thets where the majority of the population always is, in blue guarded towns.

the whole red zone idea is a knee jerk reaction to one other knee jerk reaction which was the removal of red priests and rep gain nerf. First there was too much ganking, then there was too little and finally there is this “go pvp over there” zone. It rarely works, unless you make those zones ridiculously appealing for whatever reason. Free pvp isnt tantalizing enough, as its clearly evident in places like kranesh and GK. People avoid them like the plague.

i just dont see them working out in the long run. They should have instead worked on making ganking around cities less appealing while encouraging people to pvp everywhere else but next to cities.

Reactions: Bicorps

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People PvP at towns because that's were the population is. Punishing them for PvP is just going to waste there time or push them to quit. SV needs to stop with the negative reinforcement strategy and think of ways to get the people who are in town outside of it.

The issue is not the people outside the town killing but the people in the town drawing them there.

I live in GK. No one is coming up here to PvP in this PvP hotspot. Most Hotspot PvP is getting some intell that a large group is doing a dungeon and then ganking them.

Some people occasionally come to kran but its not that great for PvP either.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
If you make any location worth holding you had better be prepared for an alliance of nut cuppers to lock it down

Feb 10, 2022
would b good if sv will give option to keep owners set lawless zone around under control territory

but again with large map whole day wait for small fight will push people to kill bums near gy

Reactions: Amadman

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
I'll withhold judgement until we see the details, but this seems to be following a familiar pattern:

1/ Henrik announces removal of some red priests
2/ PVErs laugh, jeer and point fingers at PVPers
3/ PVPers threaten revolt
4/ Henrik announces 1,000 new red priests, lawless zones, removal of Concord from hi-sec, permadeath, etc

SV are famous for tackling a problem with a knee jerk reaction, which causes another problem, which leads to a further knee jerk reaction, ad infinitum.

• Love
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
I have mixed feelings about this. I just dont think anyone is going to go in these zones, much like nobody goes to GK. Pvper will get bored of waiting in those empty zones and will be back on the guard zone eventually. Because thets where the majority of the population always is, in blue guarded towns.

the whole red zone idea is a knee jerk reaction to one other knee jerk reaction which was the removal of red priests and rep gain nerf. First there was too much ganking, then there was too little and finally there is this “go pvp over there” zone. It rarely works, unless you make those zones ridiculously appealing for whatever reason. Free pvp isnt tantalizing enough, as its clearly evident in places like kranesh and GK. People avoid them like the plague.

i just dont see them working out in the long run. They should have instead worked on making ganking around cities less appealing while encouraging people to pvp everywhere else but next to cities.
Henrik mentioned null space in Eve online. They need to put the most valuable resources in lawless areas.

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
These lawless zone would.actually work with the removal of red priests near cites.

Lawless towns would be the only towns were criminals can spawn. So they would be the perfect places for poeple who want real pvp.

Killing crafters/gatherers transporting materials should not be low risk, with red priest far from towns adds good risks, now they dont have to worry about pvpers.camping City Gates

Lawless towns could also function as hubs or gathering place for big guilds, they can claim the town for themself and kill anyone not from their guild.

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

it's obviously as highlander said, they should be big zones. I finally logged into main Myr last night, into duli, and everyone was around, happily gathering sab, farming 2 clade zombies. I saw a grey and he wasn't sure if I was going to fight him, but I didn't. I walked around, everyone is DOING STUFF but like if you draw a radius around towns, like say use meduli for example, starting up the ramp to the east, further out towards the horses north, etc, that all should be lawless. Doesn't mean people won't creep into the law zone and kill people. I mean, seeing all those people just sitting there mining is kinda like hmmm!! But it's not like they have any loot, and you can't like force tame their horses after you kill them lol.

I really dislike the GK/Kranesh example for lawless zones. Those are not normal lawless zones lol. They are way out of the way and one is BLAST FURN place.

They need to find a way to balance all of these people who are walking around (was surprised @ pop when I logged in, and it wasn't lagging too bad), and still allow pvp. They need to make gains, too, like I said, having little camps to replenish arrows, mbe a bank, further out, in the lawless zones, would help a lot, add in stuff to farm that gives more clade exp, more loot, etc. So that you get a sort of TIERED map where the further people venture from town, the more the gains are, but the more the risk is.

As a MO1 player, I'm def not afraid of pvp, and people need to be conditioned to expect pvp. Pvp is like 'the hard mob' in the game. lol.

Like I said, the ideal would be a system where you don't attack people on sight just because you can, but you might because you want their loot, or more importantly, because you are competing for the same resource. It's pretty easy to bust someone up a little and let them run away, even if you don't kill them, like "get outta here..."

After seeing the pop of Myrland (and now I'll prolly never get to log in again haha), I don't even wanna waste time w/ instances, but there is definitely an anti-pvp problem. People shouldn't just fight because they can, and even in MO a lot of us didn't, even some people who were GOOD. That's why I always respected QUAD, I was up there all the time gathering and they never killed me once. So, there is a conundrum of sorts. Pvp is important. Bloodthirsty people are important, too, because the community has to band together to deal with them (like a big troll monster in a themepark... world boss w/e), but if they just keep nerfing pvp, the game isn't gonna die, it's just gonna suck lol.