Launch Delayed to Q4 2021?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Early access = Persistent release.

Persistent release = No more wipes.
Early access = Early headstart for launch seeing no more wipes.

Just SV being SV using different names for the exact same thing...

Although I wouldnt doubt SV would do Persistent release and then Early access and get a shitshow from all the early access folk thinking they got in early and then learning we have been playing and getting ahead for months. Would be typical SV shenanigans and backfiring stupidity.

If this is the case, it should be clearly mentioned on the Steam Page !

If this will not be the case, I personally woudn´t mind, if there would be a second wipe of Materials before leaving early access, but we should keep at least something. Maybe the house, that every player can build, and the unlocked Skills through rare Skillbooks, even if they would set to 0.

I always was a fan of unique challanges, to be one of the first guys that killed a specific Monster, or the first who made a Stack of Steel.

Note: Other players might think totaly different, especially if they pay subscription ! I personally want this game to be played by a lot of Players, becuase MO1 was the most fun, during the peak times, and a lot of more players would try the game out, if they know that they knbow that everyone starting from scratch.

I am be happy with both choices, they just need to tell the Steam Users their Plan.

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Asking for a subscription for a game that will be wiped would be ... a bold move.

I don´t think that would be the way to go. SV should take the time they need and deliver a stable game they are confident enough to in to not wipe.

@Xunila
There are lot of players testing every single system. If anything persistent will make the testing slow down because hoarding, politics and frustration over loss will keep players from experimenting. Also we haven´t even tested the real skill system yet, something crucial.

Kuroi

May 28, 2020
Naples, Italy
Q4 2021 is just a placeholder, like amazon does for games with no release date

anyway on discord's mortalbot you can read this:

"A small update is planned for next week, stand by for an announcement soon containing more details on the future plans."

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If they say persitant and than wipe later than im out. Than they can search a new community for this.

No wipe ever after peristant release. Because thats make the game a game.
If you want repeated wipes and mindless time burning than play rust please.
If MO2 goes persistent and SV does a wipe after that, I may need to get myself a tabletop sand garden with rake to push the sand around. It would truly drive me up the wall if they did that.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I really hope that this time around SV is focused on releasing the game on Steam, meaning that right before it's available on Steam everything should be wiped and ready for the Steam players.

Steam release should be the primary focus as it can make or yet again break the game.
My prediction is that there will be a wipe prior to entering Early Access in March (Persistent Beta) and the game officially enters persistence from there, going by the launch dates in the FAQ on the MO2 website.

SV mentioning that they have no plans to change the price during and after Early Access seems to indicate that the game will be publicly available for purchase from March. That's my interpretation of their wording.

Last edited:

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
what if they called it something like, like 'pre persistance era' where you know they will wipe on release (or rather, on persistance which may or may not coincide with release). what if at persistance they made any new characters start in a new instance of nave. sure you could stay in the old persistance but no new players could come. eventually it would die out in favor of the new instance and there would be a real push for everyone in the old instance to move over.

i'm not sure how many will be willing to pay for this monthly while knowing it will be wiped later, but certainly the lifers will be on board

-barcode

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
what if they called it something like, like 'pre persistance era' where you know they will wipe on release (or rather, on persistance which may or may not coincide with release). what if at persistance they made any new characters start in a new instance of nave. sure you could stay in the old persistance but no new players could come. eventually it would die out in favor of the new instance and there would be a real push for everyone in the old instance to move over.

i'm not sure how many will be willing to pay for this monthly while knowing it will be wiped later, but certainly the lifers will be on board

-barcode
I think its going to be a lot more natural.

They're going to keep patching the game until the time comes for a patch to wipe everything.

if they want to run one last test they'll probably tell us.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Persistent means persistent and no wipe after. At some day the will announce the public release. They mentions this long time ago, maybe in a Discord chat or somewhere else. But let us wait for the official announcement this week.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
If this is the case, it should be clearly mentioned on the Steam Page !

If this will not be the case, I personally woudn´t mind, if there would be a second wipe of Materials before leaving early access, but we should keep at least something. Maybe the house, that every player can build, and the unlocked Skills through rare Skillbooks, even if they would set to 0.

I always was a fan of unique challanges, to be one of the first guys that killed a specific Monster, or the first who made a Stack of Steel.

Note: Other players might think totaly different, especially if they pay subscription ! I personally want this game to be played by a lot of Players, becuase MO1 was the most fun, during the peak times, and a lot of more players would try the game out, if they know that they knbow that everyone starting from scratch.

I am be happy with both choices, they just need to tell the Steam Users their Plan.
You should be worried if thats not the case. That will cause a giant backlash at SV and MO2 and will most likely result in another MO just from the start instead of a few years after launch.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
They should have a full wipe before going to the full release of the game. Who knows what SV is actually going to do, they once said progress would transfer over from the old game. I just hope the 3 months sub I have will not be applied until the full release of the game.
This is total horseshit. They claimed there would be SOME form of continuity, but confirmed it would not be items or gold of tangible value. Don't spew nonsense.

Reactions: Xunila

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
This is total horseshit. They claimed there would be SOME form of continuity, but confirmed it would not be items or gold of tangible value. Don't spew nonsense.

You can already see tab "veteran points" in the skill window of your character. This is the stuff what is taken from MO1. No items.
VeteranPoints.jpg

agui

May 31, 2020
Seems to be Q1 or begin of Q2 of 2021:

"The game development company Star Vault reports unchanged sales during the fourth quarter compared with the same period the year before. The operating loss was unchanged.

- Everything now indicates that the company's game Mortal Online 2 will go live in March, writes CEO Henrik Nyström, who believes that there is only one stress test left before the launch date can be nailed down.

Sales amounted to SEK 0.5 million (0.5).

Operating profit was SEK -0.6 million (-0.6).

Profit before and after tax was SEK -0.5 million (-0.6).

The result after tax was SEK -0.5 million (-0.6).

Earnings per share ended up at SEK 0.00 (0.00).

Cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 0.7 million (2.5).

"It's easy to think about the effect a successful launch with a good reception of Mortal Online 2 can have for Star Vault on the last line. To reach break-even, no more than about 4,500 monthly players are needed," writes Nyström .

Star Vault, SEK m Q4-2020Q4-2019ChangeNet sales0.50.50.0% Operating profit-0.6-0.6Profit before tax-0.5-0.6Net profit-0.5-0.6Performance earnings, SEK0,000.00Liquid average 0.72.5-72.0%"

"Press release
2021-02-23
Star Vault conducts final stress test of mortal game Online March 25 Star Vault AB (publ)("Star Vault" or the "Company") announces that a planned final stress test of Mortal Online 2 game will be played on March 25, 2021. The previous major the stress test was carried out at the end of November last year where around 30,000 people charged client and participated in the event. At its peak, the game server had about 2,000 simultaneous players on a single node. The goal is for even more players to attend the event next and Nvidia, Intel and Alienware, among others, have shown interest in spreading the word.

"It feels fantastic that we have nailed the date of the final major test. If all goes well
as planned, shortly thereafter we will be able to set the launch date when Mortal Online 2
finally going live," says Star Vault's CEO, Henrik Nyström, in a comment.
For further information please contact:
Henrik Nyström, Board member and..."

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Some terminology isn't clear here.

Early access usually means the game is available to be purchased in steam as early access. Which currently it isn't.

Early access = Persistent release.

Persistent release = No more wipes.
Early access = Early headstart for launch seeing no more wipes.

Just SV being SV using different names for the exact same thing...

Although I wouldnt doubt SV would do Persistent release and then Early access and get a shitshow from all the early access folk thinking they got in early and then learning we have been playing and getting ahead for months. Would be typical SV shenanigans and backfiring stupidity.

Exactly that. I've been saying this for some time now. What people call "release" is what Henrik himself has called "persistent release" which basically means no more wipes after this point. It's really just Early Access. Even though Early Access will always be seen as the release of an MMO for most of them.

It's bad naming but Early Access in itself is just a bad concept when it comes to not considering it the release.
But there is also a lot of assumptions by people that aren't SVs fault in this case.
On one of the livestreams Henrik even called it Early Access himself.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
The game is not ready for Early Access. What March are you talking about. What will new players do in the game (there is no PVE in the game)? For early access, all the basic mechanics of the game must be added to the game, as well as a variety of mobs and at least a modified AI of mobs (and not what we have now). With the fact that we now have to release the game, it is impossible, otherwise we will receive anti-advertising of the product and bad reviews in the incentive and, as a result, a small number of players in the project. If I am wrong, correct me.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
The game is not ready for Early Access. What March are you talking about. What will new players do in the game (there is no PVE in the game)? For early access, all the basic mechanics of the game must be added to the game, as well as a variety of mobs and at least a modified AI of mobs (and not what we have now). With the fact that we now have to release the game, it is impossible, otherwise we will receive anti-advertising of the product and bad reviews in the incentive and, as a result, a small number of players in the project. If I am wrong, correct me.
We'll see what they can do with this month.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Hey thats the staple of SV made games, to be released to early. Cant go around ruining what they built in the last 10 years...