Last stage of house building

Barney

Jan 28, 2022
Ok, me get it, make it so PvP can commence etc but for small houses in middle of no-whrer? WTF? Solo making is a massive waste of my time. I got shit to do IRL.

I am at maybe 12% and I am gonna be standing here for ages. Hammering away....WHY?!?!?!?!??! Waste of my RL an in game time.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
yeah idk i agree that time wasters are just poor game design. Basically boils down to - we have no earthly clue of how to balance this properly so were going to make it take a ton of time

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
I think the design is around not encouraging solo play in a MMO but it's still possible for those that want it...you just end up with what you're experiencing now.

You enter town, head to the local tavern, see a group of guys and start making friends. One thing leads to another and they agreed to help you build your home for 30 minutes. >_> but yea I totally agree with you I don't think any part of building a house is fun and who is really going to PvP over a house? Instant placement/building seems more worth it but then again this is coming from someone who doesn't see the value in houses in the first place.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I think the design is around not encouraging solo play in a MMO but it's still possible for those that want it...you just end up with what you're experiencing now.

You enter town, head to the local tavern, see a group of guys and start making friends. One thing leads to another and they agreed to help you build your home for 30 minutes. >_> but yea I totally agree with you I don't think any part of building a house is fun and who is really going to PvP over a house? Instant placement/building seems more worth it but then again this is coming from someone who doesn't see the value in houses in the first place.

I'm thinking of building one. The problem is one of the reasons I am playing MO over conan, etc, is because i can log off knowing my stuff is safe and secure. It's stressful in those games and with buildings in general knowing that a group of no-lifers can just knock down your house for fun. Then everytime you log on or are at working you're just thinking like 'oh god a group of losers is knocking down my base right now probably'

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Even solo or with a small group it really is not that hard to build a house.

Me and my wife put up a house during testing and now in live pretty easily. She cut wood and I got the ore and metals.

Sure it was not exciting. But it was far from hard for a one time investment in a characters life.

The only problem I have with housing is that there is very limited features and little use for it at this time.

Especially when it comes to players other than the owner being able to utilize it.

You basically just get owner storage and a safe place to log out quickly. Not saying you can not use it strategically.

But it is mostly novelty at this point.

In the future though this time investment should have much more value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah