Kaemik's Compendium of Game Suggestions

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
So those who are familiar with my posting should know I suggest A LOT of VERY major alterations to the game. Some are more popular than others. I've decided to detail my entire desired rebalance for combat builds which is... going to be a lot of reading. I figured gathering than a single topic I'd break it into multiple topics but have a reference topic including all the parts so people can see how it all fits together. If nobody reads this but me well... at least it's organized.

I'll only be including my more recent ideas as the state of the game has changed much since many of my older ones were made.

Why Do You Do This?

Yes, I realize, there is a 99% chance SV will ignore every single suggestion I make. However, I largely do this because it's my dream to develop games someday. As such I've been cataloging a lot of my ideas along with teaching myself development skills in my spare time. For me, looking at a game, seeing where it went wrong, and thinking about how to fix it is a form of entertainment of almost equal value to playing the game itself.

So if SV never reads a single word of this. Fine. The exercise of thinking through these solutions still presents value to me as I always learn a bit more each time I analyze a new game's systems. If SV does read these, great, I believe a lot of my ideas could considerably improve their game.

If any of you really like my ideas though please bring them to Henrik's attention. The dude is always streaming/active in Discord while I'm at work. And I feel like him/SV don't pay ANY attention to what happens on these forums at all.

What Problem Do You Think Needs Solving?

A lot of problems. This is why I have a lot of suggestions. But if I had to summarize the biggest overarching issue with MO2 (Beyond lack of content) it's that the game seems to be continually adding new things and changing things with no real sense of how everything fits together as a whole. It's like they're throwing darts at a board to decide new features and expecting players to just deal with the end results and create a meta from it. Which players are making the meta but that meta involves largely ignoring a lot of things that could potentially be a lot of fun because the game has balanced them so poorly.

That's why I need an entire catalog of suggestions to really... fix anything. Because I'm looking at what they have and saying "How can I make this all work together and complement each other so that it all feels like a part of a greater whole?" And that requires edits to... basically every system of the game.

One thing I very much would stress is that I do not believe any of my suggestions deviate from what I see as the core vision of MO2. If I had to define that core vision it would be:

"To create a highly immersive fantasy sandbox MMO with player-driven conflict as the engine that drives everything."

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
MOST POPULAR SUGGESTIONS

If you ignore everything else SV. Please check out these ones. These are ideas that have overwhelmingly positive community reception.

Massively Enhanced Task System

Last edited: