JC/CC Priest Camping

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
To avoid priest camping they can simply add a 30 second respawn timer after you’ve clicked on the priest. During the countdown you are able to move around in ghost mode as per normal, and go find a spot where to spawn. After 30 seconds you spawn wherever you are.

That way it would be much, much harder for anyone to come and find you even if they know you are respawning. They would pretty much have to guess where you’ll spawn unless they have a spiritist. Even a spiritist wouldn't be able ti keep track of multiple people respawning all going in different locations.

I think that's a good start. Very smart idea to fix priest camping, and it doesn't seem like it reverberates into making anything else imbalanced.

I do think the fact that you have to spawn and you actually have a cool down where people can kill you while you are spawning is kinda wack, but I really don't know if it's worth making the game about spawn tag. Not to mention dudes with worn shorties used to be able to cause problems.

Bogwandi

Apr 13, 2024
It takes two to priest camp. Remember that. How braindead can you be to keep trying the same priest numerous times within minutes, first off. There are counters to a priest camp.

If you put in EFFORT, you will be successful in an area. The three keys to being successful in an area are priest, bank, and equerry. You cant spawn at jungle camp? Build a house a little ways away from it. Then build a priest. Then an equerry. Get mats. Farm gold. Sneak into JC at an off hour.

If you wanna go the fast route and try the JC priest, Tribe interrogates everybody. If youre new to the game, they will talk to you and even help you. You may have to mine some rocks or wood for them. You gotta pass a serious vibe check and not show any anger or frustration or they'll toy with you even more.

JC isnt locked down any more different than any valuable POI is in the game. Same thing with odinseed and mino dungeon. Same thing with karni and friends at tephra crater. If you can't beat em, join em, or buy their resources on the market.

It's easy to complain about the guilds who control certain regions, but wanna know what wasn't easy? Winning control of that area. Tribe was war decked against 5 different guilds who lived in the jungle, tribe had their whole village wiped in a single siege, then was forced to live and fight out of jungle camp. They pvped daily and sieged their enemies and won control of JC. Jungle camp is their prize and it wasn't easy, and it was expensive.

The books at JC are usually always for sale in Bakti if you can't mentally handle the JC situation, or are too lazy to build a house and a priest in the jungle.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MortalEnjoyer42069

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Once people start playing the game again, JC will be less controlled, I reckon.

May 4, 2024
It takes two to priest camp. Remember that. How braindead can you be to keep trying the same priest numerous times within minutes, first off. There are counters to a priest camp.

If you put in EFFORT, you will be successful in an area. The three keys to being successful in an area are priest, bank, and equerry. You cant spawn at jungle camp? Build a house a little ways away from it. Then build a priest. Then an equerry. Get mats. Farm gold. Sneak into JC at an off hour.

If you wanna go the fast route and try the JC priest, Tribe interrogates everybody. If youre new to the game, they will talk to you and even help you. You may have to mine some rocks or wood for them. You gotta pass a serious vibe check and not show any anger or frustration or they'll toy with you even more.

JC isnt locked down any more different than any valuable POI is in the game. Same thing with odinseed and mino dungeon. Same thing with karni and friends at tephra crater. If you can't beat em, join em, or buy their resources on the market.

It's easy to complain about the guilds who control certain regions, but wanna know what wasn't easy? Winning control of that area. Tribe was war decked against 5 different guilds who lived in the jungle, tribe had their whole village wiped in a single siege, then was forced to live and fight out of jungle camp. They pvped daily and sieged their enemies and won control of JC. Jungle camp is their prize and it wasn't easy, and it was expensive.

The books at JC are usually always for sale in Bakti if you can't mentally handle the JC situation, or are too lazy to build a house and a priest in the jungle.
I must have missed the part where tephra crater and mino dun have task turn ins, or where any other blue priest in the game you can get spawn camped at. All other blue priest POIs that you mention have guards.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I must have missed the part where tephra crater and mino dun have task turn ins, or where any other blue priest in the game you can get spawn camped at. All other blue priest POIs that you mention have guards.

now that JC is wilderness, they should turn the priest back to red. Might sound counter intuitive, but you'd be surprised how it might change things haha. Turning that priest blue was a v strange decision, altho I am happy they made the jungle open pvp. Been waiting for that forever. It's too bad I had quit by then. I woulda put a house up there if I had known that it was gonna for sure be open pvp.

Bogwandi

Apr 13, 2024
It could be a red priest and I'm sure you'd still complain about it