I've realized what offends me about SV's patch direction:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I can't be a goodboy and come here to read, even notes, without posting, and I'm not suppost 2 b postin so... after this! JUST ONE MORE TIME. Anyway:

I feel like the essential direction of SV is "making it harder to nub out" or "making it harder to get nubbed out," and that has been the direction for a long time. I def think there are some things that need to be addressed, but constantly patching things to make it harder to grief nubs is not gonna work in the long run, why? People are only nubs for awhile, they might quit anyway, and then they face this game that is lacking essential things like... BUY ORDERS!!

We don't have buy orders, which cannot be explained simply as to its importance to the in game economy. There are NO CAMPFIRES. Not a big deal, but kind of is? No porta-appliances. No horse stats. They keep trying to help new players (except for the asinine nerf to zombie clade) get into the game, but the essential problem is... there is no game. They aren't building THE GAME. I know the server thing is big, and yeah, alts are messing w/ everything, but still, that's no excuse for all of those other things. It's not like the game just came out, nor does it seem like these things would be especially hard to add. They are ESSENTIAL LACKING FEATURES and the patches are like "made it harder for red people to grief GY." Which is admirable, but when it's patch after patch, people still finding ways to grief. People are gonna find ways to grief. I feel like they should spend less time reading STEAM neg reviews and trying to patch up holes and start trying to port over some of the stuff from MO1... like soon?

EHHH??

Pea-ce.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Well the anti newb grief stuff is really just minor tweaks, as in quick to do not minor changes.
I think server issues has taken taken top prio and honestly that's good.
Cant wait for content patches tho, So I get the frustration but I have also seen games go the other way and keep pushing content and just piling up issue after issue and that is way worse.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
I agree with CrgHck. I think it's the server issues that are holding back devs from working on actual game content, the fix we are seeing like becoming grey for pushing or stuff like that are "small" things "fast" to do.
In my opinion we just have to relax for now, we need to talk again about this when servers will work as intended.

P.S: I know we should already have properly working server but, come on, it's a family business, we can be sympathetic

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well the anti newb grief stuff is really just minor tweaks, as in quick to do not minor changes.
I think server issues has taken taken top prio and honestly that's good.
Cant wait for content patches tho, So I get the frustration but I have also seen games go the other way and keep pushing content and just piling up issue after issue and that is way worse.
tweaks implies going both ways, some sort of adjusting. But so far its just been onesided and double down when the last attempt did not work.

PvP is the games main content. Most other content funnels towards that. And SV hates the PvPers and PvP.

Pretty much every patch has some horrible anti PvP change to it. And its killing the game off.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
tweaks implies going both ways, some sort of adjusting. But so far its just been onesided and double down when the last attempt did not work.

PvP is the games main content. Most other content funnels towards that. And SV hates the PvPers and PvP.

Pretty much every patch has some horrible anti PvP change to it. And its killing the game off.
Well, i don't want to defend anyone, let's be clear, but SV is not "anti PvP", MO1 was very PvP focused. The truth is, they are trying to make the majority of users happy and, sadly, as you can see here in the forum, the majority of users is composed by players that are:
1-not familiar with Mortal Online
2-not familiar with sandbox games
3-not familiar with full loot games
I have no idea how all this people got interest in a game like mortal when they think they are basically playing Skyrim Online but here they are, crying on the forum, Reddit and discord about literally EVERYTHING.

Since they are a solid 70% of actual population SV is trying to make things easier for them in a desperate attempt to not make them quit. The problem is, doing so, SV is hurting players more PvP oriented and the final result of this bad move is that no one is happy:
-noobs are not happy and they never will, because they are not even trying to adapt, they just want a game that is not this one (and can't even exist)
-veterans (or more PvP oriented players) are not happy cause they see their playstyle threatened more and more every patch

I'm usually very supportive with SV because "i know them" since many years ago and i kinda have an affection to them and i always try to be positive when i talk about Mortal Online but i'm starting to struggle too, right now it's really hard for me to make a positive forecast about this game, because the road we are slipping down in to is very, very dangerous.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrgHck
D

Deleted member 44

I agree with CrgHck. I think it's the server issues that are holding back devs from working on actual game content, the fix we are seeing like becoming grey for pushing or stuff like that are "small" things "fast" to do.
In my opinion we just have to relax for now, we need to talk again about this when servers will work as intended.

P.S: I know we should already have properly working server but, come on, it's a family business, we can be sympathetic
Not really true. You have your programmers and then you have your world builders and art designers. The latter is pretty easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Not really true. You have your programmers and then you have your world builders and art designers. The latte is pretty easy.
Wouldnt the world builders and designers pass on their work to the programmers to incorporate into the world?
I obviously have no clue about any of this, I just like guessing.

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
I can't be a goodboy and come here to read, even notes, without posting, and I'm not suppost 2 b postin so... after this! JUST ONE MORE TIME. Anyway:

I feel like the essential direction of SV is "making it harder to nub out" or "making it harder to get nubbed out," and that has been the direction for a long time. I def think there are some things that need to be addressed, but constantly patching things to make it harder to grief nubs is not gonna work in the long run, why? People are only nubs for awhile, they might quit anyway, and then they face this game that is lacking essential things like... BUY ORDERS!!

We don't have buy orders, which cannot be explained simply as to its importance to the in game economy. There are NO CAMPFIRES. Not a big deal, but kind of is? No porta-appliances. No horse stats. They keep trying to help new players (except for the asinine nerf to zombie clade) get into the game, but the essential problem is... there is no game. They aren't building THE GAME. I know the server thing is big, and yeah, alts are messing w/ everything, but still, that's no excuse for all of those other things. It's not like the game just came out, nor does it seem like these things would be especially hard to add. They are ESSENTIAL LACKING FEATURES and the patches are like "made it harder for red people to grief GY." Which is admirable, but when it's patch after patch, people still finding ways to grief. People are gonna find ways to grief. I feel like they should spend less time reading STEAM neg reviews and trying to patch up holes and start trying to port over some of the stuff from MO1... like soon?

EHHH??

Pea-ce.

Bro, they are fixing the biggest thing in the game, server, and performance. This is an online game if you can't connect you can't play, if there are 5000 ppl playing and nearly 10000 players made buildings and your pc takes 10000 hours to load all the content .... you cant play. So balancing, new content, new punishment system will not happen till the server be ok.

And me as Dev I totally understand that for a team of 10-30 ppl working in a game 5 must be just for the server and the thing Mortal Online trying to do on networking and performance nobody is doing. We are seeing now that Unreal Engine 5 starting to touch on performance/network stuff just now and they have a fucking slow process. Can you imagine 5 ppl trying to do the same in a game that is running and already have some bugs to fix? This is mad shit, dude.

So just be patient and relax the game will change after the server fixes. what we can do now is give suggestions on ways to balance not complain that a small team is trying to fix the most important thing in the game and not adding new content.

Relax dude and don't take your underwear over your head!

D

Deleted member 44

Wouldnt the world builders and designers pass on their work to the programmers to incorporate into the world?
I obviously have no clue about any of this, I just like guessing.

Nah. The artist are going to be working directly with the engine tools. The programmers are going to be using unreal's blueprint system and whatever other code base that they use. You don't need much programming to create environments and place objects. There might be some logic with AI, but I'm sure that they already have an AI system that they can target for most things. Unreal engine makes everything very simple to do, even for the novice.

Reactions: CrgHck

Dramonis

Mar 4, 2022
Nah. The artist are going to be working directly with the engine tools. The programmers are going to be using unreal's blueprint system and whatever other code base that they use. You don't need much programming to create environments and place objects. There might be some logic with AI, but I'm sure that they already have an AI system that they can target for most things. Unreal engine makes everything very simple to do, even for the novice.
not everything use blueprint most of the things in mortal probably is made direct with c++