It's still too easy to 'cheese' mobs with bows

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Can we talk about how easy it is to farm mobs by just standing way back and shooting it with a longbow so they can't even retaliate or just getting on a horse and circling it? Every day whenever I go to bandit camps or etc it's just one archer who is clearing it all out by himself. Not to mention bandits and most mobs spawn way too slowly. If the idea was that players would fight over mob camps then they're doing it wrong, because by the time you get there and its already been cleared out, why fight over it? it's gone. If mob camps didn't take like an hour to respawn then players would fight over the spot at least

Shamziebam

Feb 9, 2022
I would prefer alot faster spawns and alot more of those spawn. PvP hotspots should be created in a different way, capture the flag style of points with rewards for having those points instead of these running around for hours for finding some spawn to clear out because you need the money/resources. The more i play the game the more bugs/flaws and lack of vision i see.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
I assume the low respawn rate out in the world is to encourage you to go to dungeons, which have better loot. hard to be MA in a dungeon i thinks but im not an MA.

It is way to easy to clear spawns as an MA or MM makes the game feel dumb even if thats not were the loot is at.

Coineanach

Feb 14, 2022
They just need to nerf riding. Make riding a mount far more difficult (read - skill based not more grind). A way to do this is 'difficult terrain' - when a horse is not on a road or nice super flat ground you should introduce a challenge to the player. Maybe have the mount 'stumble' every now and again or move suddenly - the player must react with the correct direction/key press to avoid falling off their horse. Maybe a new skill tree to go along with this to lessen the chances of this happening 'off road horsing' or something. Try riding around a rugged forest shooting a bow at bandits while also trying not to fall off. Dedicated skilled horseman still could, but those just looking for the easiest path to grind will adopt to whatever comes next.

Reactions: CrgHck

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
There is no need to change this for PvE. If you want PvE to be more engaging then don't use bows.

I think the addition of bow sway on a mount makes sense, but none of this rng fall off idea....that would be toxic, unless completely negated by 100 in controlled riding or something.

The bandit spawns are still pvp hotspots, and killing someone after the camp is cleared is the best time to kill, they did the farming for you, kill em, take the loot, and ride home with the spoils.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I assume the low respawn rate out in the world is to encourage you to go to dungeons, which have better loot. hard to be MA in a dungeon i thinks but im not an MA.

It is way to easy to clear spawns as an MA or MM makes the game feel dumb even if thats not were the loot is at.

Even dungeons have low spawn rates. And they take a while to get to and a group with you. If anyone else is there its especially bad. I play in an ARPK guild so we don't kill randoms either

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Even dungeons have low spawn rates. And they take a while to get to and a group with you. If anyone else is there its especially bad. I play in an ARPK guild so we don't kill randoms either

Depends on what you consider a low spawn rate, and it's only low if your team is killing everything too fast, there has to be some balance.

Your choice to be in an ARPK guild is not a reason to change spawn rates.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Depends on what you consider a low spawn rate, and it's only low if your team is killing everything too fast, there has to be some balance.

Your choice to be in an ARPK guild is not a reason to change spawn rates.

your choice to be dumb isn't the reason they shouldn't change spawn rates

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
in MO1 they nerfed some monsters for mounted archers they pulled out bows and shotet back for example risars or bandits. That resulted in people mounted archer down other stuff. But was no real solution.

Later sarduccaa came and on that continent it was only mounted archer online because everything else was useless because star vault is often making the monsters to hard for foot fighters.

Than they introduced bugs with acid spit and stuff but that was not a good solution did nothing.

The whole thing pissed more people on than before and brought no beenfit to foot players. So the only thing that was achived is that one group was more pissed.

I dont know whats better here. In MO1 i rarely played MA and now in MO2 I enjoying it xD

But what is your direct solution to this problem.
I mean increasing the spots wouldn't change anything or does it?

Would be funny if a shore prowler would shoot back with a bow in his paws xD

Reactions: Najwalaylah

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
in MO1 they nerfed some monsters for mounted archers they pulled out bows and shotet back for example risars or bandits. That resulted in people mounted archer down other stuff. But was no real solution.

Later sarduccaa came and on that continent it was only mounted archer online because everything else was useless because star vault is often making the monsters to hard for foot fighters.

Than they introduced bugs with acid spit and stuff but that was not a good solution did nothing.

The whole thing pissed more people on than before and brought no beenfit to foot players. So the only thing that was achived is that one group was more pissed.

I dont know whats better here. In MO1 i rarely played MA and now in MO2 I enjoying it xD

But what is your direct solution to this problem.
I mean increasing the spots wouldn't change anything or does it?

Would be funny if a shore prowler would shoot back with a bow in his paws xD

Yeah it's hard to fix kiting without adding something out of place like enemies charging or leaping onto you. Maybe let them dismount or shoot back or reduce their damage to make other ways of fighting viable. Idk but it's really silly that people just ride circles around mobs and easily kill them whereas for everyone else the mobs hit hard

D

Deleted member 44

I actually prefer to kill mobs on foot with melee. It's faster and I don't have a chance of losing HP. I agree with the long bow thing though. Long bows do way to much damage and are way to easy to make.

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
You are meant to kill the other person and take their loot.

You say its too easy to cheese bandits but want more bandits to cheese.

Playing ARPK and not ganking people but complaining there is no reason to fight over the only farming available which is being soloed by one guy with a bow.

Big brain stuff.