Is there a bounty system - players can put bounties on other players ?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
A semi-automatic system for bounties is not needed, a bounty board on the forums or a bounty board where you can advertise your bounties in town is all that is needed, manual cash in would be required. A system handled by the game is going to just get exploited to make the bounties cash in their own bounties with help of their friends.

When you kill a player they drop a head with their name(or they will anyway, like in mo1), combine that with a screenshot/video and you got yourself a confirmed kill.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Forget their head, destroy their keep instead. That hurts immensely more 😉

the problem with heads and bounties is that, unless you get the kill yourself, you’ll never really know if they let themselves be killed to profit from the bounty. It’s kind of a pointless exercise.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Which is why just handling it completely manually on a reputation(not the ingame reputation system) basis like in mo1 is a much better way to do it.

You want someone dead? make a bounty request on forums, discord, ask people or guilds and post a reward or use a town board. Add requirements that leads to you not getting tricked. Needs video, screenshot and heads etc to confirm a good kill(plus more satisfaction to you).

Clearly you should as a bounty hunter also be clear with that there are consequences to taking on certain bounties since the person isn't permadead and if he has a guild he or they might retaliate etc.

I made almost 100% of all the money i needed in life is feudal by taking mercenary and bounty contracts from guilds and people.
When everyone was struggling to upkeep their claims, Me and the guildies were basically swimming in money from my solo contracts as well as our main mounted fighter risquu's contracts.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
an in-game bounty system that gives money rewards will be horribly abused by the target as mentioned above. an in-game bounty system that provides a debuff on the target when you turn the head in ... now that gets more interesting.

allow people to put bounty money up on other players but when the head is turned in, the other player gets a debuff on them, the more expensive the bounty the stronger the debuff and/or longer it lasts. maybe something reducing stamina regen or damage bonus or straight up reduction in max attributes. bounties will really not want their heads to be captured and while there is still room for some abuse (trip the bounty when you know you'll be afk long enough for the debuff to not matter) at least its not putting your monies in their pocket

-barcode

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
This would lead to exploits.

Yeah, the most common one is to try and rack up the biggest bounty you possibly can and then have a pal kill you, then they split the reward. Rinse and repeat. :) A lot of Eve Online were very familiar with this ruse.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Feel free to PM me if you are paying for heads. Let me know the price and how much proof you need (video, screenshot) etc. If they aren't on our NAP/Allies list I'll keep an eye out for them.

Also Evelyn's Grey Market has a channel for this kind of stuff.

I'd HIGHLY advise against posting public contracts. People are just going to have their friends take their heads and split the cash. Work with reliable mercenaries and hunters that take their contracts seriously. No real system is needed for this. It's all about building relations.

Aydjile

Apr 1, 2021
There is a lot of nasty, evil and annoying people in the world. So it would be nice to put a price on their head. A billboard with names of criminals and undesirables will bring much desired consequences for their actions. Don't you think?

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
That will exist, as stated by the CEO. The system will be that if someone has a murdercount in an area, the game will create bounties for them, with their name and last known location. If you take hte bounty, you will be able to kill them on sight anywhere (even guarded areas) and collect the reward. In addition, there will be billboards where anyone can post personal bounties rewards etc.

Reactions: RBT OFICIAL CHANNEL

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Separate thread on this here:

I posted: "That will exist, as stated by the CEO. The system will be that if someone has a murdercount in an area, the game will create bounties for them, with their name and last known location. If you take hte bounty, you will be able to kill them on sight anywhere (even guarded areas) and collect the reward. In addition, there will be billboards where anyone can post personal bounties rewards etc."

Reactions: RBT OFICIAL CHANNEL

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Separate thread on this here:

I posted: "That will exist, as stated by the CEO. The system will be that if someone has a murdercount in an area, the game will create bounties for them, with their name and last known location. If you take hte bounty, you will be able to kill them on sight anywhere (even guarded areas) and collect the reward. In addition, there will be billboards where anyone can post personal bounties rewards etc."
The way Henrik described it is, when you take on a bounty you wont know who the target is.