Is Oghmir the meta for miners/gatherers?

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Looking at their attributes and clade gifts, this seems to be the case. They are able to maximize carry weight in a way that no other clade can, which leads me to my next question: Is carry weight the most important stat for miners/gatherers?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
No. Carry weight is important for haulers, which doesn't have to be the person gathering. A group operation with gatherers, haulers and extractors is the most effective.

For a solo extractor? How much extra does an oghmir get over say an alvarin? About 4000? 5000? granum.
What do you prefer, 5000 more granum to run back to the device or 5000 less and doing it faster?(on foot).

There are clade gifts related to finding rare materials when gathering too, both oghmir and alvarin get these, but none of the two others get one. So alvarin is THE BEST when it comes to general gathering but has exclusivity to the wood gathering gift. There are also some clade gifts that aren't in yet that might impact gathering or using the materials. Oghmir is the best straight up hauler due to high strength cap and before mentioned clade gift with mining and the carry bonus gift.

Reactions: cerqo and Zethes

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Carry weight will be nearly a non-factor for gatherer guilds when packsaddles make it in. At least that's how I always did my gathering in MO1. My character was fairly unencumbered while I had a donkey or mongrel horse I would fill up.

That said, for crafters intelligence is your primary stat. For every 10 Int you get a free skillpoint in most crafting skills. Max int is 138. This makes Heurgar and Sidoians the best crafters in general since they can both get over 130. Due to the human bonus to lores I would say a Sidoian fatmage is the ideal crafter in most instances but Heurgar are far from bad miners/extractors.

Reactions: Khy and bbihah

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Once we get mount bags, alvarin and oghmir will be the "best" gatherers due to their clade gifts. But that does depend on the rare materials that you should be able to find. Also on what the alvarin stoneshaper and wood gifts are about... But as Kaemik said. Crafters need high int. So its not just about the ability to gather things alone.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I would rate Alvarin as overall pretty meh crafters but they are excellent tamers, butchers, and alchemists due to their clade bonus (No direct clade bonus to taming but less creature aggro radius is pretty useful to a tamer and tamers need to be fast which they are). So they're not good overall, but what they do well, they do well.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Oghmirs get a 10% extraction and refining bonus making them the most efficient in that field.

Gathering can be done on any character really.
does depend on the rare materials detecting clades, if they are anything to have. Plus whatever the stoneshaper clade gifts might do. If its just a petrology lore bonus then its not that much to woop about. But if its increased mining yields? Hmmm

I would rate Alvarin as overall pretty meh crafters but they are excellent tamers, butchers, and alchemists due to their clade bonus (No direct clade bonus to taming but less creature aggro radius is pretty useful to a tamer and tamers need to be fast which they are). So they're not good overall, but what they do well, they do well.
Don't think a whole lot of people are going full crafters, since you only got one character. Alvarin clade does have access to good int if they want it though.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Once we get mount bags, alvarin and oghmir will be the "best" gatherers due to their clade gifts. But that does depend on the rare materials that you should be able to find. Also on what the alvarin stoneshaper and wood gifts are about... But as Kaemik said. Crafters need high int. So its not just about the ability to gather things alone.

Is the int really all that important? Seems like the high int is only really needed if you want to take on a bunch of different crafting primaries. If you want to focus on just one crafting theme, low int is enough.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Is the int really all that important? Seems like the high int is only really needed if you want to take on a bunch of different crafting primaries. If you want to focus on just one crafting theme, low int is enough.
Its all circumstantial.

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
yeah the oghmir buff to extract/refine beats any other race 100%, who the fuck cares about getting more granum/carry weight when u get such a massive buff lol

Reactions: bbihah and BongRips

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
yeah the oghmir buff to extract/refine beats any other race 100%, who the fuck cares about getting more granum/carry weight when u get such a massive buff lol

It's worth noting that multiple miners can supply a single extractor and fully maxed extractor/refiner takes 1100 primary points. Miner takes 100 primary points. (Though they are primary points the extractor build already has meaning all optimized extractors are also optimized miners with no additional investment)

So while that buff is great, it's far from a requirement for a miner/gatherer.

Last edited: