Is cronite no longer worth farming?

Yimir

Jun 11, 2021
With the new updates to steel in this last patch making it a more viable option, it has left cronite to be a little less than desirable when it comes to time spent farming vs benefits of cronite. When running tests with some friends we made a 2H sword with cronite and steel and the cronite sword weighed .2 less than the steel and had 3 more slashing. Although the cronite sword is better the question that needs to be asked is it better enough to justify spending the extra time to farm it? My argument isn't that cronite isn't worth farming but rather it should get a buff and so should Tungsteel.

Reactions: Tzone

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
Although cronite is <10% lighter than a steel weapon, it swings 15-20% faster. Yes it is worth farming. Not to mention, the armor is great as well.

Yimir

Jun 11, 2021
im pretty sure swing speed is completely based off of weight if not please let me know but for the same sword 0.2 weight less is not that much of a difference for swing speed and only 3 slashing more doesnt make sense either. I know it is better but it should be even better than what it currently is especially now that steel is so light.

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
there are still other weapons which greatly benefit from cronite. Poleweapons. Full cronite poleweapons will be the way to go for that kind of weapons as you gain lots of dura from using it as pole material.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
there are still other weapons which greatly benefit from cronite. Poleweapons. Full cronite poleweapons will be the way to go for that kind of weapons as you gain lots of dura from using it as pole material.
Weapons across the board should have benifits for you to run higher end mats. If not cron for a mat then a alternative one instead of saying steel is good enought for us.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
It makes little sense to argue the sword is 0.2 lighter when you don't specify the total weight. The proper argument should be made based on percentages.

Same for damage.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Yeah cronite is still pretty bad ass on armor even if you don't feel its worth the bang for the buck in a sword ... tungsteel on the other hand it is harder to justify and messing/tindremic messing became even more eccentric outside hammers - i still look cool in it though so at least i'll die pretty

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yeah cronite is still pretty bad ass on armor even if you don't feel its worth the bang for the buck in a sword ... tungsteel on the other hand it is harder to justify and messing/tindremic messing became even more eccentric outside hammers - i still look cool in it though so at least i'll die pretty
Style is often worth dying for. Would rather look badass then look like a peasant.

Reactions: Chaines and Raknor

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Tung always added weakspot mod, so that was always useful for stabby swords, spears and daggers. Other than that, its just a slightly heavier, more damage steel, so yes. kind of hard to justify the investment.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
the red one is cronite:
Unbenannt.jpg

Just an example, that all people here know what is talked about.

I personally dont know if that is a huge deal I mean the stamina usage is alot less thats a huge plus. But yeah 1-2 base dmg more is not so great. maybe they should buff it a little? I dont know. The less stmaina the less str requirement and the more DPS is also a huge plus. IM not sure what todo here xD

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You can just use emalj hammers and hit people for 40s through their armor. Close to much higher teir mats. They really need to redo a lot of the game esspecially materials.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
You can just use emalj hammers and hit people for 40s through their armor. Close to much higher teir mats. They really need to redo a lot of the game esspecially materials.
Blunt damage is a different story. xD
I mean 1vs1 a fast sword vs a really heavy hammer. And both a parry campions good luck xD

But I alos think maybe some push for higher materials would be good not to far, just a little. But Im no PVP guy, im just the PVE guy.
We should ask all the people that do 24/7 pvp because they have the main expertise and experience that is required to vote for change.
But fomr my pve standpoint more damage is general is awesome xD

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Blunt damage is a different story. xD
I mean 1vs1 a fast sword vs a really heavy hammer. And both a parry campions good luck xD

But I alos think maybe some push for higher materials would be good not to far, just a little. But Im no PVP guy, im just the PVE guy.
We should ask all the people that do 24/7 pvp because they have the main expertise and experience that is required to vote for change.
But fomr my pve standpoint more damage is general is awesome xD
I mainly to archery but Im in VII play with Levia as well. We are the people doing as close to possible 24/7 PvP. Either sitting at fab bridge or dueling in kran/gk. OP is Levia also. Right now most of the competive pvpers dont want to comeback from NW despite them not liking it to muchm. Because MO2 game design was broken and its Mounted Online with pokemon even if they could get past the broken gameplay.

So you wont hear much from other really good pvpers right now untill persist or untill they fix the gameplay.