Increased regional value

hadrius

Oct 26, 2021
I think one aspect of the game that has really started to fall behind is the value of maintaining control of certain areas of the map. Currently there are few materials that are only available in one area that are actually worth something. One area that could be really improved is by splitting available resources specifically into certain areas that would be considered "end game" materials.
For example:
Northeast: Tephra
Southwest: Pansar Carapace
South: Jungle mats

What is needed:
West: Needs something to separate it though the illusionist is honestly good enough temporarily
Northwest: Hyllspeia needs love
East (Toxai valley)
Southeast: Zero reason to go down there other than to go down to the jungle.

Logen

Feb 15, 2022
What I believe needs to be done, to keep this interesting in the long run, is to have certain key materials only available in certain areas (can be more than one), but the refining of that material needs to take place in another region, so guilds will need to arrange convoys, either large heavily guarded, or many smaller runs. Some materials could be very heavy and require wagons that move slower, which makes it even riskier.

This would play heavily into GvG with a focus on alliances for trade or fees to enter their region, and of course schemes, hostile take overs and defending the equipment while it's processing (hours!).

Then arriving home safe with the product.

Perhaps a keep can only reach a certain tier of defence if all the needed materials are available, and that would require the above game loop.

a.out

May 28, 2020
Southeast: Zero reason to go down there other than to go down to the jungle.
Funny thing you cant actually go down to the lower jungle from that ramp in the southern steppe ... it's a gigantic dead end. You can only reach the Ocean if you go all the way to the end of the map first. Would not be that big of a deal if there actually was a reason to go to that part of the jungle... I hope they will add something eventually.