Ideas to improve legendary weapon crafting

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Some days ago i read statements such as "Legendary weapons" were a total disappointment and a waste of time and i have to agree on that !

I personally would like to see the engraving tools drop more frequently, allowing the player to add magic Stats to the legendary weapon.

Henrick is a big fan of Ultima Online, so why not make somethign similar including a risk vs reward system for crafting ?

Some Monsters in Nave could be runes for melee skill modifiers.
Some modifiers in Ultima Online increased for example the Skill Cap of Skill "Tactics" above 100

Accurate+5
Surpassingly+10
Eminently+15
Exceedingly+20
Supremely+25

We had magical modiefiers that increased the Durability of an Item in UO !

Exceptional+20
Durable+20
Substantial+50
Massive+70
Fortified+100
Indestructible+120

A magical durability modifier could randomly roll if the player use a special magical relic or rune while crafting an unuique Weapon ! Same for the above mentioned skill cap modifier

-The Skill cap modifier could need a rune
-To get more durability it could need a second magical rune
Then there could be other Magical runes that give the Weapon magical power !

Here some ideas !
-More damage against undead creatures
-More Dmaage against Trolls

Risk vs reward when crafting unique weapons

You could need to enchance the weapon
with runes one by one with a certain chance of destroying the weapon in every process in order to include an itemsink/material sink.

But what is even more important is that the monsters drop more attractive loot. But when that happens, the drops are in competition with the crafters !

This is why i am a big fan of the Blackmarket in Albion. It is an NPC connected to the Database to see which items are needed. Which Items are not sold at the market place. Which Items are barly used. All Monster Loot in Albion is Player crafted. They only drop if players sell stuff to the black market, that offers the player more currency for specific items as the players do in the AH, till they are above the price of of the auction house !

This Blackmarket also act as a material sink and MO could need something similar. The Black Market could buy 2-3 Tungsteel swords. 1-2 of them could get destoyed and 1 drop as loot in the dungeon. Game could generate some random magical stats on it and make it drop as an unidentified Sword in a dungeon.

This would make the game more exiting. It makes PVE players happy if they find an unidentified sword. Might be a shitty flakestone one or even a tungsteel. The item itelf would be player crafted, so there is no competition between Monster Loot and Crafters anymore.

it is very important to balance the Monster Loot, to make the game exciting and to get rid of the competition between crafters and Lootdrop ! This would allow the Developers to make the dungeons much mroe exiting and add much more loot.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Now to the decoration.
Maybe add a melee weapon rack and an armor stand, so players can showcase their legendary Armor and weapons in their house to other players and an option to interact with it, to see the special legendary weapons and armor stats.
In Ultima Online, many players had fun displaying their rare items and locked their rare ranger armor on the ground and so on.
Nothing I particularly value, but I know a lot of other players do, if they got an event armor set or whatever !