I wanna be a necro... does that make sense in this game?

HorrorMovie

Mar 24, 2021
I wanna be a necro. Things I want to do:

1) Have undead minions of different types
2) Have a way to make the undead minions stronger (skill increase, equipment, lore investigation)
3) Undead minions can handle pve content that is similar to what non necro characters can handle

Is this my game?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Was a thing in Mo1, mo2 will probably get it eventually. Hopefully better balanced this time around.

Reactions: Sanguine

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
Yes and no atm. Necromancy was in MO 1, but currently not in MO2 yet. Not exactly sure when they plan to put it in. I think Henrik said Spiritualism will be the first magic school.

Reactions: bbihah

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Just FYI we had to wait like 6 years in MO1 for the necro patch....it will probably be sooner in MO2 but nobody know exactly how much sooner.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I wanna be a necro. Things I want to do:

1) Have undead minions of different types
2) Have a way to make the undead minions stronger (skill increase, equipment, lore investigation)
3) Undead minions can handle pve content that is similar to what non necro characters can handle

Is this my game?
I would say yes but I don’t think you would feel as if you were playing a true necromancer like Poe or Diablo 2.

How it would play out is you would be an ecumenical mage lightning fire etc, with a powerful necro summon and a few additional black magic spells.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Yea like Teknique said MO’s necro isn’t like most mmos. The good is that you can cast while moving, the highest end summonable pets are (or at least were) almost brokenly OP.

the bad is that most spells are kinda weak, all lower pets are kinda junk,you have to literally walk around with your summoned pet all the time. Your pet gets focused immediately in any fight. Pathing of pets can often be quite shitty. It can be really hard to get the skills to summon those high level, OP necro pets.

Last edited:

HorrorMovie

Mar 24, 2021
Thanks for the replies. I guess this isn't my game... YET... It sounds like it might be, one day.