I like...

manure

May 7, 2022
When thieving was added they didnt have to be anything but persistent. A naked Veela risked nothing, and that was the issue with thievery in MO1. Where were you shoving the things you stole? In your prison wallet?

Ah, come on, Hodo, you know it was fun. For the thief it was exciting and for the "prey" it was thrilling, you had to be smart to avoid thieves, and felt good when you sucessfully avoided them.

Also, the punishment was severe. After death, you had to wait 5 minutes for going blue to be able to ress... Very boring !! 5 minutes of no gameplay !
AND, once the thief became famous, everybody would keep pushing him anywhere he went, hoping that he had hidden criminal flag...and that was pretty annoying for us thieves.... sometimes we were just returning to bank after a normal farming, and while we were banking we forgot that we had a hidden criminal flag active...so, people would push us, revealing criminal status, and we died with a lot of well earned loot !

Bah. you guys think it was easy and no risk for thieves, but you have no idea how miserable and tough was a thiefs life ! Only those who really enjoyed that playstyle would remain playing as a thief... All other thief wannabes would give up stealing in a couple weeks !

Devs, bring back thieving, DAMNIT

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Sadly thieving's going to suck in this game. Unless you want to run a parcel every time doe get pushed. It just shows the huge difference in mindset SV had in MO1. MO1 was janky and full of abusable shit but it's main goal was to be an action packed dangerous world. Which it did an amazing job at. Around any corner you could get jumped in town, have ur pet killed, have your book stolen, etc. was there a lack of consequences? Maybe. But thats what made the game fun. Before MO1 was super dead, you could log into tind for 5 mins and prob have something happen. Find a thief, a grey, someone to jump, duel some guy and take his stuff, die in a duel and get looted at the bank somehow, etc.

MO1 had minimal consequences because it wanted people to start something. This is what made it exciting. Then you have MO2. Which actively promotes not doing anything. Which shows in how much the daily peak has dropped.

Reactions: Bicorps

manure

May 7, 2022
Sadly thieving's going to suck in this game. Unless you want to run a parcel every time doe get pushed. It just shows the huge difference in mindset SV had in MO1. MO1 was janky and full of abusable shit but it's main goal was to be an action packed dangerous world. Which it did an amazing job at. Around any corner you could get jumped in town, have ur pet killed, have your book stolen, etc. was there a lack of consequences? Maybe. But thats what made the game fun. Before MO1 was super dead, you could log into tind for 5 mins and prob have something happen. Find a thief, a grey, someone to jump, duel some guy and take his stuff, die in a duel and get looted at the bank somehow, etc.

MO1 had minimal consequences because it wanted people to start something. This is what made it exciting. Then you have MO2. Which actively promotes not doing anything. Which shows in how much the daily peak has dropped.

You re absolutely right.

Well... I know thieving would be impossible within the current rules. What I do hope is that the whole thieving system will revamp the rules we have today... Remove this worthless reputation system and make something new, more interesting.

Why dont the Devs make a poll ?
Like... Do you players agree to remove the current reputation system ? (yes) (no)

Do you have ANY doubts that the vast majority of players would choose YES to this question ?
its more than obvious.

Then, with the player approval, they could apply a new rep sstem, or simply copy the old MO1´s rules.

Things are NOT complicated.
They just need to stop wasting time delivering worthless content and focus on what players really want.

Maybe they need a leading designer (hire some real MO player, who actually understands the game, to suggest good game stuff)

Reactions: Kaquenqos and Jatix

manure

May 7, 2022
... this game.

Pfftt... Everybody here likes this game.
The poster asked what positive things you think about the game !!!

Be more specific !!!

Help the Devs to uderstand what we, players, really like in this game, so that they wont keep delivering worthless content !

For example : Who asked for trinkets ? We want SIEGING, THIEVING and LESS GUARDS !

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
Pfftt... Everybody here likes this game.
The poster asked what positive things you think about the game !!!

Be more specific !!!

Help the Devs to uderstand what we, players, really like in this game, so that they wont keep delivering worthless content !

For example : Who asked for trinkets ? We want SIEGING, THIEVING and LESS GUARDS !

They dont read forum anymore tho, just saying, only twitch chat. (Shame)

D

Deleted member 44

I doubt they dont.

Im sure everything we discuss here reaches one of them eventually, somehow.
We have asked Henrik multiple times on twitch if he reads the forums. He doesn't.

Azarah

Jun 5, 2022
I like the concept of MO but dislike the execution.

It's like a sexy fantasy, always better in your mind (if you have vivid imagination, sadly real life can not match... Most of the time)

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
I like the freedom and full loot. Every player encounter is something special. And I like to see the game evolve. In good and bad ways 🙈

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
In spite of the direction they sometimes take, I really like the vision SV has and what MO & MO2 try to accomplish.

I think the game is a lot of fun for what it is, and a lot of the frameworks/concepts for mechanics are awesome. I think, right now, pre-sub but post-server issues, MO2 is easily worth the money for the amount of fun you will get out of it.

I just wish they would finish fleshing out mechanics until they were in close to working order instead of constantly focusing on something new.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
In spite of the direction they sometimes take, I really like the vision SV has and what MO & MO2 try to accomplish.

I think the game is a lot of fun for what it is, and a lot of the frameworks/concepts for mechanics are awesome. I think, right now, pre-sub but post-server issues, MO2 is easily worth the money for the amount of fun you will get out of it.

I just wish they would finish fleshing out mechanics until they were in close to working order instead of constantly focusing on something new.
The vision. Lol. Like faith. Something with no proof. I have a vision I want to be a billionaire. The vision does not turn people into good game makers. I also have the vision of a good mmo. Let me go buy a bunch of assets and start plugging them in. Since I have the vision. Will you buy a copy??

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The vision. Lol. Like faith. Something with no proof. I have a vision I want to be a billionaire. The vision does not turn people into good game makers. I also have the vision of a good mmo. Let me go buy a bunch of assets and start plugging them in. Since I have the vision. Will you buy a copy??

yea like I said it's our vision now, we are the game! - riots - I have a vision, too! We dunno what the actual 'end' of Henrik's vision is tho... it could be... more riches thru mass appeal (lol ya gotta wonder tho some of these things...) or it can be to make a good game, or it can just be whims he has on a daily basis.

I know nobody would buy my game, but if I was in the position of Henrik, I'd either be around or I'd appoint someone (not on Robmo level, no offense, but like an actual employee) to oversee and have kind of 2nd hand contact w/ the stuff. The idea that we got lord henrik who is also busy, who doesn't have his finger on the pulse of the game, and then all these people on discord, the ones they let stay, yelling, lol. Not a great environment for visionaries.

Mo has an advantage tho, it exists in some form. A lot of these dream games are barely anything. To let MO fail will indeed be a shame, and not playing it for a few months made me remem all the stuff I take for granted. Sure I dislike MO in general, but it's def got some stuff going on that you don't see often in MMOs.

and the "I like" part should include I like that I can share clips of MO2 with friends and they will not be like LOL. That's what everyone's reaction to MO1 was... what the fuck is this shit. haha. WE MADE IT. It's a game that people can deal with graphically, now let's add all the stuff back.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I like, in general, the pet pathing system! I think they finally got it to where it's not just ridic awful, altho I did have some funny stuff I taped. I had a Jungle who was following me from jungle go away from the node line, go across the river, then start climbing rocks and trying to follow me. I went back to get it, and I think that could have been a problem, but every other time, it appeared alright. NOT BAD!