I just watched some of Henrik's stream, are you serious with "Thursar buffs" being just adamant toggle?

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
Thursar buffs have been talked about for half a year, Henrik was announcing it and admitting Thursars and underplayed and underpowered, and promoted this buff as, and these are his words "some clade changes that make Thursars more interesting for players" Thursars have 3 cladedes that part of them literally doesnt work, 2 clades that give negatives, and underwhelming clades such as adrenaline, and to adress the most underpowered race in Nave, you give them adamant toggle? That will literally do nothing.

Thursars are understat compared to Oghmirs. I made a huge post explaining it. They get a bit of dmg bonus for massive sustain reduction and hitbox increase, this shit wont make anyone not reroll their Thursar into Oghmir wont make a change in teamfights. As you are dead in less than 10 seconds adamant or not. I hope you are planning to do more Thursar buffs or just nerf Oghmirs. IDC but gap needs to be reduced.

This was more of a ramble which you could expect from the title.

Suggestions - buff Thursars more than adamant toggle, they flop to meele and mages, they need more survivability. Check my other post on the issue.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Honest opinion- bigger fish to fry. It’s just another variant to the foot fighter which already has speedy boy and tanky boy, big damage boy would be cool but w.e.

Meanwhile hybrid, mounted combat, mounted archer, beast masters are all train wreck classes with 0 gameplay loop and 0 thought on what their end game should look like.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Compared to Oghmirs everything needs a buff. At this point I don't understand why SV isnt just nerfing Oghmirs sustainability. TTK is much too high anyway. Clades that give negatives need to go tho... It's a level up mechanic after all.

Reactions: Iloros

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
This is coming from the same guy that thinks tower shields only need a nerf in equip/unequip times...

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
Honest opinion- bigger fish to fry. It’s just another variant to the foot fighter which already has speedy boy and tanky boy, big damage boy would be cool but w.e.

Meanwhile hybrid, mounted combat, mounted archer, beast masters are all train wreck classes with 0 gameplay loop and 0 thought on what their end game should look like.
Theres more footies than mounteds + its a clade problem, not a footie problem+ all types of Thursars should be buffed + its not a big investment in time or resources.

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
This is coming from the same guy that thinks tower shields only need a nerf in equip/unequip times...
He will hopefully nerf them more.

Compared to Oghmirs everything needs a buff. At this point I don't understand why SV isnt just nerfing Oghmirs sustainability. TTK is much too high anyway. Clades that give negatives need to go tho... It's a level up mechanic after all.
Yes. They should drastically nerf pipe and beer belly and their dmg bonus/HP.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
The thing is that Thursars should not be brought on even footing with Oghmirs by buffing them coz everything else will be shit in comparison. Tower Shields need to just go completely because of how shields work. Hiding your whole frame from damage is nothing that can possibly be balanced.
TTK is ridiculous and Oghmirs are just the most outrageous example. Heavy Armor in general IS much too strong to a point where footie-fights are sluggish, take forever and without HA you're useless in melee. So footies will only see either 10min sweaty duels or people running away from them because their builds are almost entirely useless.

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
The thing is that Thursars should not be brought on even footing with Oghmirs by buffing them coz everything else will be shit in comparison. Tower Shields need to just go completely because of how shields work. Hiding your whole frame from damage is nothing that can possibly be balanced.
TTK is ridiculous and Oghmirs are just the most outrageous example. Heavy Armor in general IS much too strong to a point where footie-fights are sluggish, take forever and without HA you're useless in melee. So footies will only see either 10min sweaty duels or people running away from them because their builds are almost entirely useless.
Yeah. Agreed 100%. Some Thursar clades are useless af tho. Oghmirs need nerf, but Thursars still need a minor buff to stand out.

Reactions: Rahz

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
Yeah. Agreed 100%. Some Thursar clades are useless af tho. Oghmirs need nerf, but Thursars still need a minor buff to stand out.
Exactly. At first just remove the negatives from the clades because you dont wanna level up to unlock a negative effect. I think if HA would be a little less strong Thursars damage-bonus could potentially shine through. Also a little more damage in general, why not..lances need to be fixed anyway (dmg can get up to 500+ on armored targets, ive seen it).

Iloros

Dec 14, 2023
Exactly. At first just remove the negatives from the clades because you dont wanna level up to unlock a negative effect. I think if HA would be a little less strong Thursars damage-bonus could potentially shine through. Also a little more damage in general, why not..lances need to be fixed anyway (dmg can get up to 500+ on armored targets, ive seen it).
yeah negatives are so not needed, they feel random. Like every other race - no negatives, then Thursars, massive negative for a minor positive. Adamant is a net negative clade also, because you get 0% dmg defence when it balances out, but 10% less healing. Styg is TRASH, it literally used to be 35% healing reduction, paired with adamant 45. Thursars used to heal for 50% from mages and 65% from bandages and stuff, just goes to show you they never thought about the numbers they just put it out there.

Reactions: Rahz