Hyllspeia needs some love.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Hyllspeia is unique compared to all other Towns/Cities in the game. It has it's own vibe/atmosphere and aesthetic which is amazing...but it's only real things going for it right now is a small close Urial spawn and being a great place for pacifist who like to be isolated.

Hyllspeia isn't the most accessible town, it's actually super annoying to travel to and from. It has the worlds longest ramp leading to
Option 1 - Long path West that eventually leads towards pig farm.
Option 2 - Very long path East that takes you towards a series of passes that eventually takes you toward CC and Minos.

I understand Hyllspeia is supposed to be this mountain town, and it's defense is the mountain...but from a gameplay perspective, it's overly tedious and the town itself has no real major incentives to stick around once getting there, unless you like living in complete isolation. Sure there's a troll spawn somewhat near by and you have a direct somewhat safe(but long) path that leads to a big bandit camp...but again, tedious.

There's a dungeon that hasn't been implemented yet, but the entry is there. I assume it'll be apart of the Huegar caves and is right on the backdoor of Hyllspeia, which will be a decent incentive to live here, especially if it links to the Mino cave. But for now it isn't there.

People look up from Fabernum and see Hyllspeia. You would think there would at least be some mountain pass or animal trail that leads there....but there isn't. You get about 1/3 of the way up and are met with endless cliff faces, forcing you to either suicide and teleport to nearest priest, or take the long travel to the granum pass that eventually leads you to the long ass Hyllspeia ramp.

Getting to Hyllspeia to Fab isn't too bad, there's a spot or two you can just yeet down somewhat safely down the mountain, as long as you have bandges. But can't take a mount with you, so enjoy the aforementioned two options getting back up.

Ok, salt has been exerted. Until next time I get mad.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Hum, Hyllspeia needs some love but not the way you suggest and in fact some of the things you suggest imply you have been a tourist here for a short time.

One of the things I have been asking for a couple of months is something in the mountain tops like mountain spiders which not only make sense but make the mountain tops worth exploring.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Hum, Hyllspeia needs some love but not the way you suggest and in fact some of the things you suggest imply you have been a tourist here for a short time.

One of the things I have been asking for a couple of months is something in the mountain tops like mountain spiders which not only make sense but make the mountain tops worth exploring.
What does Hyllspeia have going for it right now, other than the small urial spawn near the closed off Huegar cave?

White bear is a couple jumps down and a site seeing walk, much more beneficial to go there from Fab, since the return trip isn't tedious.
Troll and minor mob spawns are down the long arse North ramp, that is overly long for no reason. Much better off living in Fab.

There needs to be a mountain path or animal trail on the south side, to make travel there much less tedious. The scenic view of the North ramp gets very boring after the first few times, as is the East and West paths at the bottom of the ramp.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
What does Hyllspeia have going for it right now, other than the small urial spawn near the closed off Huegar cave?

White bear is a couple jumps down and a site seeing walk, much more beneficial to go there from Fab, since the return trip isn't tedious.
Troll and minor mob spawns are down the long arse North ramp, that is overly long for no reason. Much better off living in Fab.

There needs to be a mountain path or animal trail on the south side, to make travel there much less tedious. The scenic view of the North ramp gets very boring after the first few times, as is the East and West paths at the bottom of the ramp.

It has several mobs in the plateau, the issue is that none of the mobs are good for resources that are worth crafting with, just money. I agree that some things are missing / could be improved for example a couple of bears or dire wolves that could make living out of Hylls less of a chore. But there also needs to be towns that are less appealing for some reasons. The East has Toxai, the West got Hyllspeia and yes it needs some love but not overdone.

Also the patch yesterday changed the way "mountain climbing" works, not sure if you been exploring that area since then.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I guess the real question is what does hyllspellia have that others town don't. And I guess that's just urials. But not a bad town if all you like doing is mining granum. But problem is market is bad up in hyllspellia to sell stuff. And traveling to fab with a bunch of items is risky to say the least

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
I guess the real question is what does hyllspellia have that others town don't. And I guess that's just urials. But not a bad town if all you like doing is mining granum. But problem is market is bad up in hyllspellia to sell stuff. And traveling to fab with a bunch of items is risky to say the least

I don't see how that is the real question, I don't even see how it is relevant. I mean, what does Mo-Khi have to offer than other towns don't?

Although we all know the real answer, what Hyllspeia has to offer is freedom from 24/7 gank squads, kids just can't bare to go up that hill