Human Warcry and Tactician Clades Are Completely Imbalanced, Removes Team Fight Skill Floor

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
Human Warcry gives all allies in range a magic resist buff that grants 15% increased magic resistance and GUARANTEES spell resists. That last part is what makes this clade so overpowered, both of these effects combine to provide around 60-70% magic resistance to EVERYONE in your group with a single button press. Then you have Tactician, which automatically reduces 50% of ANY damage dealt by and to allies. These two clades allow Human mages to spam AoE spells directly at their allies without even caring who they hit because they will do less than 10 damage a spell to their buddy and 45 damage to the enemy. No need to coordinate pushes or positioning, just press the "Make your allies almost immune to magic damage" button and spam away!

I would like to see the following changes to these clades:
  • Human Warcry no longer grants any extra chance to resist spells (Nerf)
  • Human Warcry stacks regularly on Humans instead of stacking on Humans with decreased effect (Buff)
  • Tactician only applies to melee and ranged attacks (Nerf)
For anyone against these changes, please state how you think these clades are not currently overpowered. Thanks.

Reactions: Makalis and Locke

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Its the vision, I actually told Henrik this would be abused to spam AoEs in your own group back in alpha, this was his response...

1687129283499.png
1687129420232.png

Reactions: Teknique

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Human Warcry gives all allies in range a magic resist buff that grants 15% increased magic resistance and GUARANTEES spell resists. That last part is what makes this clade so overpowered, both of these effects combine to provide around 60-70% magic resistance to EVERYONE in your group with a single button press. Then you have Tactician, which automatically reduces 50% of ANY damage dealt by and to allies. These two clades allow Human mages to spam AoE spells directly at their allies without even caring who they hit because they will do less than 10 damage a spell to their buddy and 45 damage to the enemy. No need to coordinate pushes or positioning, just press the "Make your allies almost immune to magic damage" button and spam away!

I would like to see the following changes to these clades:
  • Human Warcry no longer grants any extra chance to resist spells (Nerf)
  • Human Warcry stacks regularly on Humans instead of stacking on Humans with decreased effect (Buff)
  • Tactician only applies to melee and ranged attacks (Nerf)
For anyone against these changes, please state how you think these clades are not currently overpowered. Thanks.
It's as overpowered as the alvarin speed clade.

The game just has no balance, tactician clade is the only thing humans have going for them.

Reactions: Tashka and Xronim

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Oh look another "i want the game to be reverted to the state of spring '22 when nobody played humans period" thread.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
The whole game's balancing is non existant and a joke, elementalism shows that making tactician allows for absurd damage in AoE but barely harming your teammates.
The problem is that if you did nerf humans very few clades they immediately become useless and it will be just sheevras like before. every single race needs a rebalance in both stat caps, attribute max and clade gifts because its just a joke at this point.

Reactions: Gnidex and Teknique

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The whole game's balancing is non existant and a joke, elementalism shows that making tactician allows for absurd damage in AoE but barely harming your teammates.
The problem is that if you did nerf humans very few clades they immediately become useless and it will be just sheevras like before. every single race needs a rebalance in both stat caps, attribute max and clade gifts because its just a joke at this point.
i would like to see that a hybrid char can equip his weapon faster after releasing a spell. I hate that animation cancel to cast a spurt after you released a T lash, to make the equip weapon animation faster. This need a change. Second useful change for the human would be a clade or spell that double the precast time for the next spell, so you can hold your t lash 40 sec instad of 20, to be able to hit your opponent 3-4 times and release the t lash to finish him off.

20 seconds is way too short to precast a spell, grap a weapon, run to the enemy, hit him 2-3 times and to finish him off with a spell.
On the other hand this could make mounted magery even more op as it is now and this is why i would prefer an active clade over of a spell, because active clades cant be used from a mount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnidex

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
aoe meta is not skill based, human clades need nerf/rework.
Definitely rework, humans are only being used in large scale because of tactician. You remove that and every single human magic build just goes back to full sheevra instantly.