Human or Veela for MA

Makkelele

Jan 17, 2022
Hello! Been deciding and trying out different builds on mortal data between Human and Veela for MA. I want to have mounted archery + magery in order to heal the mount.

Only positive I've seen going Veela is the 113STR and movement speed on foot + weak spot chance from clade. Would this be better than Humans 101STR (unsure exact number) but humans having more constitution and int. Or does the 12STR doesnt matter that much?

Would appreciate some help!

Human build - https://mortaldata.com/?character=1028140569060179968

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
High dex for MA is underrated since they made it matter for riding. The thing you get w/ Human is +15 and reading speed. I have MA/MC on my human and the last points in MA and MC/Mounted Charge are EXTRA WACK to level, so having that buff is great. If you read to over 70 (counting clade gift,) it won't work, if you restart the book, but if you go under 70, it will read up to 85+ attributes, which is big.

Just depends on pref and what you wanna do on your prof side, too. 101 str ( or 83 lool) is fine for short bows, but on an armored horse, you will really outmaneuver a lower dex build. That's something to take into account. The one plus from having higher str is that you can use long bows on the ground once you get dismounted.

My 2c at least. I'm not exactly an expert, but I do have MA on both my elf and my human. But I got a 110 str 104 dex khur. You're not gonna be doing much weak spotting unless you're hitting horse heads haha which is actually easier than it seems in some circumstances, but I've noticed the dmg diff isn't that big.

Makkelele

Jan 17, 2022
High dex for MA is underrated since they made it matter for riding. The thing you get w/ Human is +15 and reading speed. I have MA/MC on my human and the last points in MA and MC/Mounted Charge are EXTRA WACK to level, so having that buff is great. If you read to over 70 (counting clade gift,) it won't work, if you restart the book, but if you go under 70, it will read up to 85+ attributes, which is big.

Just depends on pref and what you wanna do on your prof side, too. 101 str ( or 83 lool) is fine for short bows, but on an armored horse, you will really outmaneuver a lower dex build. That's something to take into account. The one plus from having higher str is that you can use long bows on the ground once you get dismounted.

My 2c at least. I'm not exactly an expert, but I do have MA on both my elf and my human. But I got a 110 str 104 dex khur. You're not gonna be doing much weak spotting unless you're hitting horse heads haha which is actually easier than it seems in some circumstances, but I've noticed the dmg diff isn't that big.

Hello!! Thanks a lot for the input. Hmm what did you mean with the armored horse and maneuvering? If you have had both alvarin and human MA. What is in your opinion the "best"?

Makkelele

Jan 17, 2022

The main thing I would miss with Alvarin would be the speed + buffs. But when I get dismounted I have a sword to defend myself. Might not be the best since I will be specced mostly for mounted combat. What are you using once dismounted?

Would be awesome if we could discuss some on discord chat haha.