How to link Steam Stress test account with new MO2 account?

Calenir

Sep 10, 2021
I've found a friend willing to donate for me to work around the stupid Paypal regional restriction in my country.

So I'll be able to donate for a beta key on the MO website to get permanent bet access but I'd like to keep going with the stress-test Steam account and character I've already created.

If I make an account on the MO website and make the donation how can I link my steam stress test account with the new MO account?
Do I just use the same email address as my steam account?
I still have my old MO1 account (which was linked to Steam) so will that affect anything?

I am worried that if I make a new account on the MO website it will not be connected to my Steam stress test account and character.
Yes, I know it will all get wiped on soon release but I'd like to keep going with the Stress test character/account I've made already.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Not sure how that works. I think some of the official staff might have some answers. If you don't get an answer here try contacting them on Discord.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
"Your character is tied to your steam account. It doesn't matter which client you are running. "
"Yes. We authenticate players using their steam credentials. "
- Kallus Valk

Reactions: Kokolo