How do you preserve your weight !?

mortalsn

May 10, 2021
How do you preserve your weight?

Bonus questions:
How do you lose and gain weight?

Three reserves and the hunger and thirst bars have some explanation on them but nothing related to how they affect your weight (?!) I will go on and speculate that Just doing this would take %10 load off help chat.

I am surprised that at launch there is still no information on retaining / losing / gaining weight? Or did I miss it? It is not so easy to find answers on the Internet as well. Apperantly, the way it works changed some time ago so it is hard to tell what info you can find is up to date. Well there is the help chat, if you can read it :/

Tea

Jan 12, 2022
Gaining weight: Eat food that will overflow your health reserves past the maximum. Springbok, some fish, etc.

Losing weight: Run around, get hit, die, let your health reserves go low and Rest instead.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
The same is for stamina reserves. Losing weight is very hard, so don't gain any more than you can afford

mortalsn

May 10, 2021
Gaining weight: Eat food that will overflow your health reserves past the maximum. Springbok, some fish, etc.

Losing weight: Run around, get hit, die, let your health reserves go low and Rest instead.
I eat as much as my hunger allows me (tried both springbok and pig). Health reserve is maxed (mana and stamina about half). I just cannot regain the 1 kg I lost. Any ideas?

Edit: After changing diet to springbok (on a stick - cannot remember the name of the cooking tool) I did gain back the 1 kg.

Last edited:

Tea

Jan 12, 2022
I eat as much as my hunger allows me (tried both springbok and pig). Health reserve is maxed (mana and stamina about half). I just cannot regain the 1 kg I lost. Any ideas?

Edit: After changing diet to springbok (on a stick - cannot remember the name of the cooking tool) I did gain back the 1 kg.

What's the quality of the Springbok dish you're making? It might be pretty low. Ambrosial Springbok I think has like 34 for health stat, but poorer-quality food makes it harder to go over the reserves cap because it just doesn't have much for stats.

Reactions: Kiraeth

mortalsn

May 10, 2021
What's the quality of the Springbok dish you're making? It might be pretty low. Ambrosial Springbok I think has like 34 for health stat, but poorer-quality food makes it harder to go over the reserves cap because it just doesn't have much for stats.
Yes, very low, ~15. I probably need to level cooking. I am busy reading other books, so I will probably end up trying to level up cooking by cooking a lot. Hope that works.

Tea

Jan 12, 2022
Yes, very low, ~15. I probably need to level cooking. I am busy reading other books, so I will probably end up trying to level up cooking by cooking a lot. Hope that works.

Good idea. Raising your skill level for the type of cooking tool you're using as well as the type of meat (in this case Venison) will help get to the top-tier of food. If you're cooking as well try to cook smaller quantities of meat at a time instead of the full stack, I was told around 200 units.