Horse Speeds and Stamina

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44

Before I get into recommended changes I want to define a few terms and how they relate to game play.

Horse Gaits

Walk
Speed: 6.4 kph - 4.0 mph
Endurance: 50~100 miles/day - 20~30 miles/day Mounted Calvary
Time: 12.5 hours~25 hours or 5 hours~7.5 hours

Trot
Speed: 13~19 kph - 8.1~12 mph
Endurance: 20~30 miles/day
Time: 100~150 minutes or 148~220 minutes.

Canter
Speed:19~24 kph - 12~15 mph
Endurance: 1~5 miles
Time: 5~25 minutes or 4~20 minutes.

Gallop
Speed: 40~48 kph - 25~30 mph
World Record: 88 kph - 50 mph
Endurance: 2~2.5 miles
Time: 4 minutes~4.8 minutes or 5 minutes~6 minutes

Additional Information:
100 mile world record: 5 hours 45 minutes
210 mile Roman chariot Race completed in 14 hours.

Human
Walk: 3 mph
Run: 6~8 mph (Max 28 mph @ 100m spring)

Speed Source:

Endurance Sources:

In Game

Walk
Speed:Slower than Human
Endurance: Recovering Stamina
Time: Unlimited

Trot
Speed: Faster than Human
Endurance: No stamina recovery
Time: Unlimited

Canter
Speed: Faster than Trot
Endurance: Stamina drain related to riding skill
Time: 2 minutes 30 seconds

Gallop
Speed: Faster than Canter
Endurance: Heavy stamina drain. Can only execute twice from 1000 stamina
Time: Two 10 second intervals (have not timed this portion)

Disregarding how horse armor parts will change stamina and mount speed the current configuration does not reflect real world speeds and endurance. I recommend increasing both stamina pool, endurance, and horse speed to better mirror real life.

Reactions: Speznat
D

Deleted member 44

Would you also like them to suffer permanent injury like real life? Honest question
I can't tell if your trolling me or not, but I don't see why this would be bad thing so long as the player can do something about it. With the current system the HP of a character acts like this until healed. I know SV intends to add various injuries like cuts, fractures, and burns. It would be pretty cool to extend this to other creatures besides the player.

Reactions: Speznat

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
you are aware that these horses are only place holders ? there will be a number of different breeds and inside those breeds animals with different stats .There will be a huge variation in stam amount speed str hp ect ect .

D

Deleted member 44

you are aware that these horses are only place holders ? there will be a number of different breeds and inside those breeds animals with different stats .There will be a huge variation in stam amount speed str hp ect ect .
Yes I am. It doesn't change that mount functionality is terrible. Both you and I have no idea how mounts are going to work in the future. Why not give them feedback on something that already exsist so that when the game releases we have a system that we enjoy.

Arfy

Nov 28, 2020
Australia
Yes I am. It doesn't change that mount functionality is terrible. Both you and I have no idea how mounts are going to work in the future. Why not give them feedback on something that already exsist so that when the game releases we have a system that we enjoy.
I would expect that they will work much like they did in Mo 1