Henrik, please hire someone else to work on magic schools

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Zombies outside of haven are 1 shot most of the time with a fulm at 118 int for me. Only like 1/4 of the zombies survive and I just use the greifer sword to 1 shot mercy them as they come up. Or I can use a outburst to kill them after a fulm.

Zombies are like sub 100 health. Your fulm does 62-72+ 50%. Thats around 90-101 damage. Same as a spears head shot. You do need to land head shots but even then you can get kills with no head shot.

Again, I would love to see a video of this, because my 138 Int 100% Mental Offence does not get 75% one shot kill rate with Myrland Zombies.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
All zombies don't have the exact same health pool. Creatures have levels. I run a 110 int mage and i can one shot some zombies with a mind hit using fulmination or MP. But some are left with 10-20% health and requires me to finish them off.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Yeah sometimes, but 75% of the time you one-shot them?
All zombies don't have the exact same health pool. Creatures have levels. I run a 110 int mage and i can one shot some zombies with a mind hit using fulmination or MP. But some are left with 10-20% health and requires me to finish them off.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Yeah sometimes, but 75% of the time you one-shot them?
With MP yes, with fulmination? No.

I generally do Fulmination. Combat stance and stab once with a spear and that is a guaranteed kill on everything for me, quick and its cheap.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
With MP yes, with fulmination? No.

I generally do Fulmination. Combat stance and stab once with a spear and that is a guaranteed kill on everything for me, quick and its cheap.
Which town do you live? It must be your Zombies. Or I'm doing something wrong in which case I would like to see you do it.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
You didn't give any actual reasons you dislike it, didn't give any suggestions for improvement, and from what I can tell you are new and don't understand the importance of mages and how to play them. Many people love mages and the magic in this game. If you like Assassin said want to 1vX that will never ever happen with ecumenical and that's good. If you could the whole balance of damage, cost of defense, and point of mages being support would be thrown. This isn't a game where a mage is just like any other class. It is a specialization for group content with the intent to support. You may like future magic schools that do have emphasis on being powerful but ecumenical and spiritism just don't sound like the class for you. It's not what you're picturing in your head. That doesn't mean it's bad or needs changed it means try a different class.
So, my biggest problem with magic right now is the state it will be in at launch (persistence). It will only have ecumenical (magic for beginners, as Henrik kinda explains it), and spiritism, which I kinda explained my thoughts on that in further comments. Basically, it's a new game within the game, that hardly adds more to the overworld experience. If spiritism offered just the slightest more utility as a support class, I'd have a lot less to complain about. The unfun (because boring is boring, this is a little irritating) way you have to farm spirits in a grind that leaves little benefit to your experience, just isn't quite worth it to me.
It can be something small, like a summonable magelight (spirit lantern) for dungeons, or a spirit armor spell that temporarily boosts armor class for people with low armor weight. Just grinding your way up the skills only for the resurrection ability, spending upwards to 200 skill points, is kinda unfulfilling to me.

But with the little mini game that is exorcising spirits, it's pretty annoying... Doing a ghost busting siphon ray on tiny orbs that rotate around the target, and its rays look just like yours is kinda messy design. I would rather see a spirit like a human soul attacking as though they think theyre alive, and each attack drains kau. Your spells/abilities would be to defend against them, and ultimately banish them. But that's just an opinion.

Reactions: Teknique

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
will we ever see the famous staff magic school? at least mages wont die by a single wolf

Last edited:

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
will we ever see the famous stuff magic school? at least mages wont die by a single wolf
Did you mean staff magic? Unfortunately, too many people voted on necromancy due to the overpowered abilities it had in MO1 i hear. Staff Magic, unless Henrik is having his staff work on it in secret, is only a concept like all of the other schools. Necromancy isn't expected for many months by the looks of it either.
Something I learned as a backer in star citizen is, concepts are just concepts until they actually exist. They are nothing but ideas and potential empty promises.

Something

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Did you mean staff magic? Unfortunately, too many people voted on necromancy due to the overpowered abilities it had in MO1 i hear. Staff Magic, unless Henrik is having his staff work on it in secret, is only a concept like all of the other schools. Necromancy isn't expected for many months by the looks of it either.
Something I learned as a backer in star citizen is, concepts are just concepts until they actually exist. They are nothing but ideas and potential empty promises.

Something
yeah i was ironic.. thats not even on paper

Piet

May 28, 2020
So, my biggest problem with magic right now is the state it will be in at launch (persistence). It will only have ecumenical (magic for beginners, as Henrik kinda explains it), and spiritism, which I kinda explained my thoughts on that in further comments. Basically, it's a new game within the game, that hardly adds more to the overworld experience. If spiritism offered just the slightest more utility as a support class, I'd have a lot less to complain about. The unfun (because boring is boring, this is a little irritating) way you have to farm spirits in a grind that leaves little benefit to your experience, just isn't quite worth it to me.
It can be something small, like a summonable magelight (spirit lantern) for dungeons, or a spirit armor spell that temporarily boosts armor class for people with low armor weight. Just grinding your way up the skills only for the resurrection ability, spending upwards to 200 skill points, is kinda unfulfilling to me.

But with the little mini game that is exorcising spirits, it's pretty annoying... Doing a ghost busting siphon ray on tiny orbs that rotate around the target, and its rays look just like yours is kinda messy design. I would rather see a spirit like a human soul attacking as though they think theyre alive, and each attack drains kau. Your spells/abilities would be to defend against them, and ultimately banish them. But that's just an opinion.
Ahh I get the not liking the spirit farming but oddly enough some people love it. There actually is a mage light spell in a different school though. I personally understand though I hate spirit farming but that was some people's main form of farming in the game in MO1 and they loved it.... not sure why tbh XD