Heavily reduce Guards, add more resources to towns:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
MO1 theory. Grief will happen. Or whatever you want to call PKing people in town, but people also need to be able to gather in town, it's a cycle that also brings mats into the world. I mean, I am sitting here RIGHT NOW and chopping wood in town, just like MO1, full gains afaik... ez. Can't mine, I miss the only low quality resources being in Tindrem. Everything is MINABLE! Put fruit trees, etc, make it luscious!

However, plant guards carefully. There are guards some places, and the rest have patrols, so it's kind of a game. Someone can 'get you,' almost anywhere that is not RIGHT AT THE BANK or w/e. Make it guarded in big cities, maybe, but the fact that there are way more guards than NPCs seems unrealistic. What sort of a world could afford to post that many guards everywhere? And yea, no guards at the appliances, either. Lower extraction timers by much, but... get rid of guards.

Guards are there to guard the bank. lol, they aren't gonna be guarding the crafting tables. If you wanna put a crafting area, then yeah, put a guard there or put a patrol. Still, it should be possible to get someone. It doesn't have to be profitable, just kill them.

That's what made MO immersive, the fact that people could ambush you if they wanted to. Get over it. It happens to everyone. Now people have to run parcels, so I mean REDUCE THE GUARDS. Make cities more profitable, so that one can live out of a city. It will lower the prices of ore/wood and introduce them to the world. That's A GOOD THING KIDS. Mats are currency. Currency needs to be generated not DUPED.

TLDR: add mining, gathering to gz, remove a large portion of guards.

Reactions: Nefnate

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
MO1 theory. Grief will happen. Or whatever you want to call PKing people in town, but people also need to be able to gather in town, it's a cycle that also brings mats into the world. I mean, I am sitting here RIGHT NOW and chopping wood in town, just like MO1, full gains afaik... ez. Can't mine, I miss the only low quality resources being in Tindrem. Everything is MINABLE! Put fruit trees, etc, make it luscious!

However, plant guards carefully. There are guards some places, and the rest have patrols, so it's kind of a game. Someone can 'get you,' almost anywhere that is not RIGHT AT THE BANK or w/e. Make it guarded in big cities, maybe, but the fact that there are way more guards than NPCs seems unrealistic. What sort of a world could afford to post that many guards everywhere? And yea, no guards at the appliances, either. Lower extraction timers by much, but... get rid of guards.

Guards are there to guard the bank. lol, they aren't gonna be guarding the crafting tables. If you wanna put a crafting area, then yeah, put a guard there or put a patrol. Still, it should be possible to get someone. It doesn't have to be profitable, just kill them.

That's what made MO immersive, the fact that people could ambush you if they wanted to. Get over it. It happens to everyone. Now people have to run parcels, so I mean REDUCE THE GUARDS. Make cities more profitable, so that one can live out of a city. It will lower the prices of ore/wood and introduce them to the world. That's A GOOD THING KIDS. Mats are currency. Currency needs to be generated not DUPED.

TLDR: add mining, gathering to gz, remove a large portion of guards.

Dont know if you looked at towns in MO1.. there was a FUNKY BUTT LOVIN amount of guards in most towns.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Dont know if you looked at towns in MO1.. there was a FUNKY BUTT LOVIN amount of guards in most towns.

Nah... man... dood... you could get ganked farming spongewood in the freaking MK path. You could get ganked anywhere. There were def clusters of guards, like I said in another thread, correct me if I'm wrong but I know Bakti had few if any elite guards and NO LIX. It's a camp! Toxai, you could mine for days but RPK would be like no no (in theory, they never did to me lol.)

You could go into Tindrem and pick stuff, pick grain, pick pickables, go to tox to pick fruits. Pick stuff in MK. But like if you decided to carry a stack encumbered across the town, you would think twice haha.

There were def stacky guards some places, but in general, it was not guarded.

I've read some things people have said, and I fux w/ ya because I remember you. All the MO vets, as said, much respect - salute - however, and I am probably a victim of this in some ways (like me asking, what changed about bandaids?? lol someone showed me a pvp vid and unrelatedly I saw a wrap and it's like... wow that's stupid fast,) however, I think some of how you remember MO is either LATE MO or possibly hazy memory.

Edit: MO is actually an evolutionary test. Haha, nah but it's definitely a smart man's game. There are people who do things to prevent (and sorry for using gender specific pronouns!) some of the harder parts, but doing you own thing, you gotta have smart plans, smart paths, good relationships, etc. It's very complex, and that's just to be able to use the crusher haha. Or you can just hold your nuts and see if people fight you.

MK again, their room with appliances wasn't well guarded, either. Now you can even drop a porta crusher in town (afaik?)

I was walking around Hyl and thinking of where I could get people. I think I could get LoS on some horses, but I dunno that there is a conceivable way to gank and loot someone on the main paths. I would say "No one asked for this," but I know they did. If people wanna be citizens, cool, let them bring mats into the market from city, and let the people who enjoy v low level pvp harass them. That's where the 'mental game' comes into it.

Last edited: