Haven, Sharding and Server Queues

Jan 28, 2022
It's completely unacceptable to have server queues in a Pay to Play game, with a monthly fee and only 1 server. I've been ready to go to mainland a few days now, but I don't want to face a queue I have no interest sitting through, since there wasn't even a timer for estimated queue time.

You need to fix your problems FAST, taking turns to play is not a fix, not even a temporary one if you want to ask for a subscription. This game is already too hardcore for the common gamer and if you can't fix your shit, you're going to drive away more people.

Until you can actually have everyone on one server, you need to get over yourself and open more servers or shards so YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS can actually enjoy the full game. I highly doubt you can ever achieve a 1 server MMO, with so much physics calculations. Having a solid and a sustainable player base is a thing you can achieve now, IF your players can actually play your game.

The thought I had about Haven, was this: Make Haven partly Free-To-Play. Free-To-Play players could level up skills to like 40, in Haven and if they wanted more they needed to buy the game. And maybe a monthly subscription should only be required from the players who leave Haven. This would allow players who are unsure about Mortal Online 2 to try it out and it would help the player base grow.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The game can not even handle the amount of players that are willing to pay to play.

What sense would it be to start letting even more players in for free?

Reactions: Najwalaylah
Jan 28, 2022
If we could have more servers, we would need more players. Under 10k players is rarely that sustainable, playerbase needs to reach a certain level to increase the lifespan of the game - and guarantee a decent number of players online even after the early days hype is gone.

Hooves

Nov 30, 2020
If we could have more servers, we would need more players. Under 10k players is rarely that sustainable, playerbase needs to reach a certain level to increase the lifespan of the game - and guarantee a decent number of players online even after the early days hype is gone.
They’ve doomed themselves by creating an enormous map sized for 10k+ players with servers that can handle maybe 3k. 90% of players will quit in a few months and the map will feel empty and dead.

You’ll have to run for 5 hours to get a fight and PvPers will quit. I don’t see MO2 being able to coast on <1k players for a decade like MO1 did. You can expand a map with new continents, but you can’t just shrink a map to fit a smaller player pop after launch.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They’ve doomed themselves by creating an enormous map sized for 10k+ players with servers that can handle maybe 3k. 90% of players will quit in a few months and the map will feel empty and dead.

You’ll have to run for 5 hours to get a fight and PvPers will quit. I don’t see MO2 being able to coast on <1k players for a decade like MO1 did. You can expand a map with new continents, but you can’t just shrink a map to fit a smaller player pop after launch.
The main world had 7 nodes (servers) with each node having slightly over 1k capacity. So around 8k capacity but some of the nodes like tindrem are at max capacity causing the server to lag before they implemented a queue. The queue is fake tho and just lets random people in when they have a spot.